The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Vengeance and GSF Launch Party

256 posts / 0 new
Last post
Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
Vengeance and GSF Launch Party

When Vengeance and GSF are released, why don't we all converge on GtG and have a launch party. If this would be too difficult, we could have them in various cities throughout the world. If this won't be possible, we could have a bunch of Hangout games. We do have a little while to plan this, anyone have any good ideas?

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

I almost certainly will be doing a few SotM games on Google+ when my copy of Vengeance arrives.

Theta_Sigma
Theta_Sigma's picture
Playtester

Doing something online could be fun.

I don't know what makes me different and I don't care. Maybe it's not my problem, but why do they stare? - The Living End, Strange

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

I will also probably try to set up a Vengeance forum game when I get hold of a copy.

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I personally like the idea of converging on St. Louis and having a fan-planned launch party. Not sure it they'll actually be able to make themselves available for it, though, given they'll be trying to get product out the door, etc. It's probably worth asking, though! smiley

And if we can't, we can definitely do local/online events.

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

I'd be game for doing an online launch party, if we wait a few days:  I imagine that, given all the trials and travails of shipping, there might be some delay in actually getting the copy, regardless of KS or pre-order.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Rabit wrote:

I personally like the idea of converging on St. Louis and having a fan-planned launch party. Not sure it they'll actually be able to make themselves available for it, though, given they'll be trying to get product out the door, etc. It's probably worth asking, though! smileyAnd if we can't, we can definitely do local/online events.

It would be pretty cool if there were to be a St. Louis lauch party. Have no idea if I would be able to go, but I would most certainly do my best to get there.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

I will take the idea of a St. Louis launch party under advisement. I will admit that I see some potential there.

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Does this mean my boyfriend and I will have to come down again? That four hour drive is killer. :-P

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

There might be some carpooling involved - we'll see how many people we pull from Indy. laugh

(And I think the drive is totally worth it to celebrate with friends! cool)

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Is it over-optimistic for me to be hoping for a completed high-speed train between Chicago and St. Louis by then?

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Here is the tagline for the party:

Revenge is a dish best served cold; Vengeance, with scotch.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture

Hmmm... with enough warning I might come up with a good excuse to be in the St. Louis area in February. 

Theta_Sigma
Theta_Sigma's picture
Playtester

It would be great if those who can;t make it to St. Louis could attend online somehow.

I don't know what makes me different and I don't care. Maybe it's not my problem, but why do they stare? - The Living End, Strange

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I was thinking something similar. Maybe have a few live cams up from people different people.

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

Something should be done for all the abroad fans who have no way of getting to St. Louis, at least no way that isn't attrociously expensive.

Good ideas are usually just bad ideas a stubborn person eventually fixed.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Nielzabub wrote:

Something should be done for all the abroad fans who have no way of getting to St. Louis, at least no way that isn't attrociously expensive.

A MILLION TIMES YES.

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

We agree! Hopefully the "hang out in London" plan goes well and we can continue to periodically do similar things for our UK fans. There is also a possability that we would do a similar type of thing with our Australian fans next time PAX Aus comes around on the guitar.

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

*golf clap for the song about Alice, and about the restaurant*

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Ha. "Wait. It's coming."

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

You can get anything you want...including a pre-release copy of Vengeance?

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

London, Australia, still no love for Japan :(

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Paul wrote:

We agree! Hopefully the "hang out in London" plan goes well and we can continue to periodically do similar things for our UK fans.

Yay for potential future UK things!

Note to self: Show >G people the best time ever so they want to come back. A lot.

Damn it, Ronway!

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

London, Australia, still no love for Japan :(

Who knows what the future may bring!

Note to self: Show >G people the best time ever so they want to come back. A lot.

That sounds like an awesome plan to me!

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Silverleaf wrote:

Show >G people the best time ever so they want to come back. A lot.

So you're going to show them Sentinels of the Multiverse? Now I may be throwing out wild accusations, but I have a slight feeling they have already played it.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Not the crocheted version.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Ronway wrote:
Silverleaf wrote:

So you're going to show them Sentinels of the Multiverse? Now I may be throwing out wild accusations, but I have a slight feeling they have already played it.

I don't believe it. That's just way too far-fetched.

And besides, there are some things that are more fun that Sentinels. (Heresy, I know). Fair enough, a lot of those things wouldn't be terribly appropriate... but still.

Damn it, Ronway!

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I would ask that you make sure there are pictures of the event, as some of us are really wishing we could join you (crying), but... since arenson9 will be there, I think it's already covered. wink

Silverleaf wrote:

Ronway wrote:
Silverleaf wrote:

I don't believe it. That's just way too far-fetched.And besides, there are some things that are more fun that Sentinels. (Heresy, I know). Fair enough, a lot of those things wouldn't be terribly appropriate... but still.

Hmm... Maybe I don't want pictures. blush

wink

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Rabit wrote:

I would ask that you make sure there are pictures of the event, as some of us are really wishing we could join you (crying), but... since arenson9 will be there, I think it's already covered. wink

Silverleaf wrote:
 Ronway wrote:
Silverleaf wrote:

I don't believe it. That's just way too far-fetched.And besides, there are some things that are more fun that Sentinels. (Heresy, I know). Fair enough, a lot of those things wouldn't be terribly appropriate... but still.

Hmm... Maybe I don't want pictures. blushwink

You totally want pictures.

Damn it, Ronway!

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

Silverleaf wrote:

Rabit wrote:
I would ask that you make sure there are pictures of the event, as some of us are really wishing we could join you (crying), but... since arenson9 will be there, I think it's already covered. winkSilverleaf wrote:
 Ronway wrote:
Silverleaf wrote:

I want pictures!  (I think...)

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

TheJayMann wrote:

Silverleaf wrote:
 Rabit wrote:
I would ask that you make sure there are pictures of the event, as some of us are really wishing we could join you (crying), but... since arenson9 will be there, I think it's already covered. winkSilverleaf wrote:
 Ronway wrote:
Silverleaf wrote:

I don't actually have anything to add. I just thought it would be fun to further build up this massive quote tower.

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

Nielzabub wrote:

TheJayMann wrote:
 Silverleaf wrote:
 Rabit wrote:
 Ronway wrote:
Silverleaf wrote:

I don't actually have anything to add. I just thought it would be fun to further build up this massive quote tower.

Adds to quote-Jenga.

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

pwatson1974 wrote:

Nielzabub wrote:
 TheJayMann wrote:
 Silverleaf wrote:
 Rabit wrote:
 Ronway wrote:
Silverleaf wrote:

Adds to quote-Jenga.

And so our epic battle begins.

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

Nielzabub wrote:

pwatson1974 wrote:
 Nielzabub wrote:
 TheJayMann wrote:
 Silverleaf wrote:
 Rabit wrote:
 Ronway wrote:
Silverleaf wrote:

Adds to quote-Jenga.

Quite

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

pwatson1974 wrote:

Nielzabub wrote:
 pwatson1974 wrote:
 Nielzabub wrote:
 TheJayMann wrote:
 Silverleaf wrote:
 Rabit wrote:
 Ronway wrote:
Silverleaf wrote:

Adds to quote-Jenga.

Quite

And that's all I have to say about that.

Theta_Sigma
Theta_Sigma's picture
Playtester

Nielzabub wrote:

pwatson1974 wrote:
 Nielzabub wrote:
 pwatson1974 wrote:
 Nielzabub wrote:
 TheJayMann wrote:
 Silverleaf wrote:
 Rabit wrote:
 Ronway wrote:
Silverleaf wrote:

Adds to quote-Jenga.

Quite

and yet it continues

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

Theta_Sigma wrote:

Nielzabub wrote:
 pwatson1974 wrote:
 Nielzabub wrote:
 pwatson1974 wrote:
 Nielzabub wrote:
 TheJayMann wrote:
 Silverleaf wrote:
 Rabit wrote:
 Ronway wrote:
Silverleaf wrote:

Adds to quote-Jenga.

Quite

and yet it continues

Or does it? Oh, wait, yes, yes it does.

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

Nielzabub wrote:

Theta_Sigma wrote:
 Nielzabub wrote:
 pwatson1974 wrote:
 Nielzabub wrote:
 pwatson1974 wrote:
 Nielzabub wrote:
 TheJayMann wrote:
 Silverleaf wrote:
 Rabit wrote:
 Ronway wrote:
Silverleaf wrote:

Adds to quote-Jenga.

Quite

and yet it continues

Indeed it does.

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

pwatson1974 wrote:

Nielzabub wrote:
 Theta_Sigma wrote:
 Nielzabub wrote:
 pwatson1974 wrote:
 Nielzabub wrote:
 pwatson1974 wrote:
 Nielzabub wrote:
 TheJayMann wrote:
 Silverleaf wrote:
 Rabit wrote:
 Ronway wrote:
Silverleaf wrote:

Adds to quote-Jenga.

Quite

and yet it continues

Indeed it does.

This is an interesting game of Jenga. We can't take any blocks away. So how many blocks can we add before the tower just implodes on itself? The world may never know.

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

Nielzabub wrote:

pwatson1974 wrote:
 Nielzabub wrote:
 Theta_Sigma wrote:
 Nielzabub wrote:
 pwatson1974 wrote:
 Nielzabub wrote:
 pwatson1974 wrote:
 Nielzabub wrote:
 TheJayMann wrote:
 Silverleaf wrote:
 Rabit wrote:
 Ronway wrote:
Silverleaf wrote:

Adds to quote-Jenga.

Quite

and yet it continues

Indeed it does.

This is an interesting game of Jenga. We can't take any blocks away. So how many blocks can we add before the tower just implodes on itself? The world may never know.

Au contraire

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

That did it.  Although, it probably got screwed up on mobile browsers 5 posts ago.

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

pwatson1974 wrote:
Nielzabub wrote:
 pwatson1974 wrote:
 Nielzabub wrote:
 Theta_Sigma wrote:
 Nielzabub wrote:
 pwatson1974 wrote:
 Nielzabub wrote:
 pwatson1974 wrote:
 Nielzabub wrote:
 TheJayMann wrote:
 Silverleaf wrote:
 Rabit wrote:
 Ronway wrote:
Silverleaf wrote:

Adds to quote-Jenga.

Quite

and yet it continues

Indeed it does.

Au contraire

I refuse to participate in this silliness.

Damn it, Ronway!

Theta_Sigma
Theta_Sigma's picture
Playtester

I'm actually rather impressed it lasted that long.

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture

I hate you all... 

Sent from my iPhone

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

jagarciao wrote:

I hate you all...  Sent from my iPhone

I hate you all...

Sent from my S3

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Pydro wrote:

jagarciao wrote:

I hate you all...

Sent from my S3

Hate is such a strong word.

Everyone, spread the love the Ronway!

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture

Your screen is bigger and probably could handle the Jenga a bit better...

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Ronway wrote:

Pydro wrote:

jagarciao wrote:

I hate you all...Sent from my S3

Hate is such a strong word.Everyone, spread the love the Ronway!

I love you all the Ronway.

It blew up rather quickly.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Pydro wrote:

Ronway wrote:
Pydro wrote:

jagarciao wrote:

I love you all the Ronway.

It blew up rather quickly.

So we're purposely building another Ziggurat out of love to annoy the mobile users? I can think of no better use for love.

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I feel like, as a mod, there's something I should be saying right now.

It's not coming to me, though.

* walks off, whistling a tune *

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Matchstickman wrote:

Pydro wrote:

Ronway wrote:

Pydro wrote: 

jagarciao wrote:

I love you all the Ronway.It blew up rather quickly.

So we're purposely building another Ziggurat out of love to annoy the mobile users? I can think of no better use for love.

Not just any love, Ronway love. There have to be some benefits to worshipping a flaming skull.

Pages