The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Variant Unlocking: Post-Apple Changes

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
seesome
seesome's picture
Variant Unlocking: Post-Apple Changes

According to the blog post, beginning with the Mini-Pack 2 update, "...there will now be a simple button to allow fast unlocking of variants 30 days after initial release. This should preserve the mad rush to figure out the story challenges for that first month, while keeping things kosher as far as Apple is concerned."

Question: If you use the button to unlock a variant, would you still be notified when you do whatever would have unlocked it without the button?

I know there's been some talk about in-game achievements, so I was wondering how those might play together.

Time for some scientific action!
https://twitter.com/SeeSome

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Yes, I've entered codes on the steam version because I already did it on iPad and when playing on Steam I get the pop ups for unlocks.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Yes.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

Kratos13

What about Gloomweaver's second unlock condition, if you've already unlocked via the first condition?  I'm gonna assume no since it's likely someone would've stumbled upon it by now?  Perhaps to renew interest Handelabra could create a new popup indicating that you've found the alternate unlock condition?

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

That would be neat.   Two different achievements for the Gloomweaver unlock.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

If you've already unlocked a variant (via the conditions), you cannot unlock it again.

Only someone who has not unlocked Skinwalker GloomWeaver can find the other condition.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island