The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Variant Boxes

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Basketkeep
Basketkeep's picture
Variant Boxes

Can someone tell me what is included in each of the variant boxes? I'm looking to possibly purchase some, and would like to know which ones are worth buying for what I want/need.

SotM: Complete Hero Variant Collection

SotM: Ultimate Collector's Case

SotM: 5th Anniversary Foil Villain Collection

SotM: Promo Cards

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

The Complete Hero Variant Collection comes with every hero variant character card printed, with all new art, but not the base versions of the heroes (e.g. Dark Watch Expatriette but not the regular Expatriette you would get in the Rook City/Infernal Relics box)

The Ultimate Collector's case is a giant box to store ALL of the cards in, I beleive it comes with the Completionist Guise promo card.

The 5th Anniversary Foil Villain Collection has every villain character card in glorious foil! Including the regular villains from the core set and every expansion, the Vengeance style villains from Vengeance and the Villains of the Multiverse expansions, every variant villain character card (e.g. Heroic Infinitor) and the Character cards from OblivAeon.

I have no idea what "SotM: Promo Cards" refers to, could you link to it please?

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Basketkeep
Basketkeep's picture

Thank you!

On the SotM: Promo Cards I meant to write SotM: 5th Anniversary Foil Hero Collection.

I do have three more questions:

Which one is a better deal for the oversize villain cards? 5th Anniversary Foil Villain Collection or the Oversize Villain Cards.

Which one is a better deal to get promo hero cards? 5th Anniversary Foil Hero Collection or Complete Hero Variant Collection.

Is the only way to get a Completionist Guise in The Ultimate Collector's Case?

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

If you just care about price, the non-foils will probably be less expensive. I will note that if you go with the non-foil villains The Dreamer will have a typo and I believe one other villain had a typo as well.... I forget which. The errors aren't that big a deal but they do effect gameplay.

You can get Completionist Guise with the Collector's Case, the hero variant collection, or with The Foil Hero Collection.

Basketkeep
Basketkeep's picture

Do the foils have any OblivAeon variant cards? Also, do the non-foils have any OblivAeon variant cards?

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Both foils and non-foil hero collections have all the promos associated with the OblivAeon Kickstarter.

Basketkeep
Basketkeep's picture

Thank you.

Comrade Bubbles
Comrade Bubbles's picture

Dandolo wrote:

If you just care about price, the non-foils will probably be less expensive. I will note that if you go with the non-foil villains The Dreamer will have a typo and I believe one other villain had a typo as well.... I forget which. The errors aren't that big a deal but they do effect gameplay.

You can get Completionist Guise with the Collector's Case, the hero variant collection, or with The Foil Hero Collection.

It's Agent of Gloom Spite, I think.

Back to the lurk.

The space/time continuum was broken when I got here. Honest.