The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Unload Issue

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
dedlius
Unload Issue

Not sure if this is supposed to happen:

I played Unload as Expat. I used Prejudice first. Then I used Pride. It asked me if I would like to use the power of Prejudice. I said yes and it let me do so. 

I thought you could only use each power once per turn. Was this an oversight or was it intentional?

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

Short Answer: It was intentional.

Cards that specifically say that you may use a specific power trump the "each power only once" rule.  Currently, the only cards that do that are Pride with Prejudice and Overdrive with Strike.

If you have 3 guns in play (Pride, Prejudice, and Shotgun) and played Unload, then you have several options.

Use Pride, use Pride's ability to use Prejudice.  Now you've used two powers, and both Pride and Prejudice's power once, so your only option for the remaining power is Shotgun

Use Prejudice, then use Pride, then use Pride's power to use Prejudice a second time.  This is allowable, but you've now used three powers and can't use Shotgun

Use Shotgun, then use Predjudice, then use Pride.  You've used three powers, and already used Prejudice, but Pride's ability trumps both those restrictions to allow you to use Prejudice again

Use Load to play Assault Rifle.  Now you have four guns in play and can use four powers.  Of course, you've used one power, so you can only use three remaining (unless the last power used is Pride, in which case you can use Prejudice for free as described above), but this just let you play Assault Rifle for free, which is good.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal