The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Unintentionally Got an Achievement

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
pksullivan
Unintentionally Got an Achievement

I brought my EE to my comic shop for game night tonight. A few of my friends have been chomping at the bit to try it. We played two games, both five players with Legacy (me in a support role for the folks who hadn't played before), Fanatic, Tachyon, Ra, and The Visionary. The first game was against Omnitron to teach everyone the game. We won handily. The second game everyone had picked up the mechanics pretty well so we switched to Citizen Dawn. We beat her without her ever flipping, thus earning me 50 points on the story challenges. Yay!

Our battle against Citizen Dawn went as such. At the start of play she wound up with Anvil, Hammer, Spring, and Assault. She plays her top card and it's Healing Light (no effect). Then I took 3 damage from Citizen Dawn and everyone took 3 fire, 1 melee from the citizens. Round 1 we took out Anvil, Hammer, and Assault. Round 2 Citizen Dawn played Return with the Dawn, which put Citizen Sweat into play. The Visionary removed Return with the Dawn and the rest of us piled on damage. Round 3 set us back when Citizen Dawn played Devastating Aurora but she never got another citizen into play. Round 4 brought out another Healing Light. I can't remember if turn 5 was the last or if Citizen Dawn got Luminous Light into play only to have The Visionary quash that, too. In the last round of play, Channel the Eclipse hit the table and helped us along. In the end, Tachyon took out Citizen Dawn with a pair of Hypersonic Assaults.

The Visionary had a number of contingency plans in place to keep Citizen Dawn from flipping. On turn 3 she asked when that would happen and I let her read Citizen Dawn's card. She said, "oh, hell no!" and didn't let it happen. It was a great game. 

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

Wait, where did Citizen Sweat come from?

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

pksullivan

Return with the Dawn. Ongoing. "At the end fo the villain turn, shuffle the villain trash and reveal cards from the top until a citizen is revealed. put it into play. Put the other revealed cards back into the villain trash." That came out on the villain play a card phase and activated at the end of the villain turn to bring Citizen Sweat into play. It also shuffled Citizen Dawn's discard into her deck, thus resetting the countdown to her flip.

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

But Citizen Sweat wasn't in your original line up so what was she doing in the trash for Return to bring her back from?

Also why did you shuffle the trash back into the deck given none of Dawn's cards require that. I think you might have misread how Return works. It says shuffle the trash not shuffle the trash into the deck. You just randomise the cards in the trash and pull a Citizen out and put them back into play.

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

pksullivan

Ah, we misunderstood that card. We shuffled the trash back into the deck. Oops. That would have had an effect on the game, to be sure. 

MarioFanaticXV
MarioFanaticXV's picture

I think it's more of an achievement to beat Citizen Dawn after she flips.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

MarioFanaticXV wrote:

I think it's more of an achievement to beat Citizen Dawn after she flips.

Not really, because beating before flipping is really difficult as you have to leave some citizens in play. After she flips if you survive it she becomes really easy as you can kill every citizen that enters play.

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

I think he meant literally after she's flipped but before she flips back again ;).

Although actually, that's not impossible - Sucker Punch/Wrathful Gaze, anyone? ;)

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)