The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Two Questions

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Basketkeep
Basketkeep's picture
Two Questions

I’m fairly new to Sentinel Comics (only have been playing for a few months, and just made this account today), and I have two questions.

1: What is the best place to find Sentinel Comic Lore? I have read a quite of few wiki articles, and listened to a few Letters Page episodes. Any other suggestions?

2: I play Sentinels of the Multiverse on my phone daily (I have both seasons), and was curious if I should buy the physical game or something like Tactics. What would be your suggestion?

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

1. That's pretty much it.  The Letters Page is the main source of lore, and the summaries go into the wiki.

2. Tactics is hard to recommend right now.  GtG is in the process of revamping the whole ruleset because of certain balance and flow issues with the original, and they're still a long way away from releasing that revision (in the form of Prime War).  Also upcoming are the Sentinel Comics RPG and the Sentinels of Freedom video game, but we're looking at 2019 or later for all that stuff.  Obviously you know what the physical card game is like, so if you have friends you want to play with in person, and can work through doing all the resolutions manually, you'll have no surprises there.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

WalkingTarget
WalkingTarget's picture

The summaries that MindWanderer mentioned are in the individual podcast episode pages under the Quicknotes tabs, assuming you were mostly looking at character pages before. Not all detail we've learned in the podcasts are reflected in the character pages.

Basketkeep
Basketkeep's picture

Do you know if I can still back Sentinels of Freedom on Kickstarter?

I have a few friends and family who would like playing Sentinels also. One of the reasons I want the physical game is so I can try variant modes of play (e.g. PvP, Combined Decks, 2 Character Mode).

EDIT: Also being able to use custom cards (e.g. The Cauldron) would be cool.

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

I've got all the Tactics stuff I could be convinced to part with.  Let me know if you're interested.

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

And there's always Tabletop Sim if you want access to all of the everything that's available right now (including the Cauldron) - lots of people play games there. It's kind of the second-best thing to playing at an actual tabletop :). You can probably find players pretty easily via the Discord server if that sounds good.

Also, welcome to the forum :).

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)