The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Two Heros

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
mclanem
Two Heros

So, there is a story challenge to win with two heros.  After giving it a fair amount of thought I took on the Matriarc in the Block with The Scholar and Tempest.  The Scholar went befor tempest in turn order.

This worked out really well.  I didn't ever think I was doomed or anything, but it was a little harder then I had enticipated.  First, the Block was really in my favor as I had a lot of guards come out and basically keep the inmates from getting in the way.  They even helped take out the cohorts a number of times.  The Scholar was able to use Flesh to Iron to soak up all the damage from killing birds and Tempest too, care of all of them at once regularly.  The Scholor ended up doing most of the damage to The Matriarc with a couple of cards that do damage based on the number of targets.  I was doing 15 to 20 points of damage at a pop.  

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Tempy and Bunker also combo really well against The Matriarch. Just make sure to use H = 3 in a 2p game.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

Yeah, I've played that game (with Fanatic as well, but she was pretty crap). It was my first game against the Matriarch, and it was beautiful :D

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

Ironic
Ironic's picture

I've used Bunkar and Fanatic against Blade (this is the original release, not Enhanced, so H=4) in Megalopolis, and won.

More recently, I've been experimenting with the idea of a two-villain game, where both villains are at half HP, and H is reduced by one.  This would be a cakewalk for someone like Tempest, but could be pretty intense otherwise, I think.

"Is it a bird?"
"Is it a plane?"
"No... it's ironic!"

Mmarin2358

Absolute Zero and Tempest vs Baron Blade at the Ruins of Atlantis. Due to the fact that tempest can change the damage type of the whole game it helped Absolute zero attack more and with more powerful blows. Although Tempest didnt not have alot of HP at the end of the game. Absolute Zero made up for it by killing Baron Blade.

Marcus Marin

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

How did Tempest change the damage type of "the entire game"? As far as I'm aware, he can only affect damage he deals and receives himself, via his erm...Elemental Sub-Wave Inducer, I think it's called?

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

Amnachaidh
Playtester

I tried this with |0| and Mr. Fixer against Baron Blade.  Baron destroyed us.

https://greaterthangames.com/forum/topic/the-losers-game-3524?page=2#comment-32694

Can I say somethin' about destiny? Screw destiny!.... 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable, and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say, "You're evitable!" Fred Burkle