The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Triple assassin surprise

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Trajector
Trajector's picture
Triple assassin surprise

So I was playing in the Temple of Zhu long, and the Villain wiped all three Shinobi Assassins. "Aha," thought I, "to keep that from happening again, I'll pile them all on The Wraith's deck and then play this Impromptu Invention, so I only have to deal with ONE Assassin from the draw and the rest get buried in her deck."

I do that, and when I play the Invention, I get:

"The Wraith would draw Shinobi Assassin, so Shinobi Assassin is put into play!"

...and then The Wraith drew the top card of her deck (I think) and searched for an equipment.

For a bit, I thought searching through the deck might have been revealing the Assassins, but later on I was successfully able to bury them all in the Idealist's deck after a search with Conceptualize.

There was something else that game where what should have been a single card draw caused a multiple-Assassin chain, but I don't remember what it was.

Assassins are weird!

Hankroyd

When you reveal an assassin by drawig a crad, you still draw a card after the assassin does its stuff.

So you tried to draw a card but got an assassin, the assassin entered play and you drew again. You drew another assassin who entered play and try to draw again only to draw the last assassin who entered play. Then you finally got to draw your own card and be able to search the deck.

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Aha, I just found this buried in the Fireside Chat thread:

"When Shinobi Assassin is on top of a hero deck, it does not prevent the draw, discard, reveal, or play actions. When it is interacted with, it takes effect and enters play, but the original action continues with the top hero card. For example, if you draw a card, the Shinobi Assassin enters play, and then you draw the top card."

I didn't expect that at all, but okay! Ninjas are unexpected. I'll have to factor that into my plans now.

In looking for this on the wiki, I noticed there are no clarifications for the Temple of Zhu long (nor in the big roll-up, because that pulls from individual pages). Looks like we need to do some fixing...

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Okay, good, the content is there! I didn't see any links to that material from the Temple of Zhu Long page. Must not have been looking hard enough.