The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Tracking Card Plays and Powers Left? Detailed source of effects? Checking decks from selection screen?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
WarrenAC
Tracking Card Plays and Powers Left? Detailed source of effects? Checking decks from selection screen?

It's been a while so don't know if these are old features or just a wishlist.  I finally worked up the nerve to punch Oblivaeon.  Followed up that lucky break (yeah, he showed up!) with grabbing the Lifeline variant.  Is there a way to see the number of card plays or powers left?  I remember looking at the lightning bolt,  which has some things,  but I haven't even figured out what effects turn up there.  Still doing the old finger counting since I had Lifeline giving himself the "1 card play giving you two card plays" but wondered if I'm just missing an indicator somewhere.

More wishful thinking is getting more detailed "why" reasons - turned up in Oblivaeon tons of stuff was always happening and I wouldn't always know why.  Heroes moving from battlezone, getting extra plays,  getting hit by damage...  It would be great to know why - kind of like the detailed breakdown you see during damage,  I often to know "why is Oblivaeon hitting us again?!" "why is he flipping another card?" "why did he move?" "why did I move" - is it the end of turn effect?  a card flip?  the shield?

More a UI issue - how do we look a deck in the selection screen? I figured out how to look at the character card and flip that,  but where/how do we get to the rest of the cards in the deck?

--Warren

gossamerica2

You can't look at the decks in the selection screen (other than variants) -- you have to go to "The Multiverse" to do that.

doppelgangerung
doppelgangerung's picture

I was today years old when I learned that I could view decks from the Multiverse page; all this time I've been starting and abandoning games just to look up cards I wanted to see...

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I'm with you, Warren. it would be great to know how many power uses/card plays are left, and I'd love to have some explanation as to _why_ things happen. That second one seems like it would be pretty hard, but the counts seem reasonably doable.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

You can see the number of card plays and power uses left in your play a card and use a power phases at the top of the screen. That feature has been there for many years.

With everything that happens, we endeavour to have the card causing it appear on screen. If that's not occuring in some instance, please let us know.

You can look at all the decks in the Multiverse screen accessible from the main menu.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island