The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Thu night board games at Arsenal

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
Thu night board games at Arsenal

I was really impressed last weekend at home many people were at Arsenal Game & Cafe at once -- I think there were 50 people in the store. That suggested that their Thu night board game night would have a fair number of people, so I gave it a shot. Walked in to find about a dozen people -- not too bad.

I didn't really know how anyone decided what game to play and with whom, so I sat back and watched for a bit, but I also took out some of the Sentinels cards. Someone asked what they were for. I said Sentinels of the Multiverse and then like three different people all said, "Cool -- I've been wanting to play that".

I ended up showing five people how to play. They took on Voss and got creamed, but most of them seemed to like the game anyhow. A couple of them pointedly said that they were happy to find a cooperative game that wasn't too easy.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

A friend of mine told me that there was going to be something this weekend as well at Arsenal.  Is there truth to this?

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

TheJayMann wrote:
A friend of mine told me that there was going to be something this weekend as well at Arsenal.  Is there truth to this?

I haven't heard anything. What did they tell you?

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Just looked at their schedule and it says board gaming starts today/Sat at 2pm