The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

The unofficial fanon pokedex project

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
X-metal
X-metal's picture
The unofficial fanon pokedex project

Okay so long story short I don't really like how vague and void of information the game pokedexes are. In the anime and movies the pokedex has been known to supply useful info on moves and Pokemon (when people like Brock aren't doing it for the pokedex) but in the games: none! Nada! So I decided to make a fanon online pokedex containing actual info on the Pokemon based on info collected from the anime, manga, games, and all other forms of Pokemon media. And the Pokedex wouldn't be censored either. It would actually talk about how Pokemon prey on each other and could definitely kill you. This dex would also contain information that can be assumed and isn't found in any games or stories and false accounts from fictional non-canon people. Now here's the catch. I need help (I also don't know where to put the site so I need suggestions for platforms that can host the site (that don't cost anything. Unless someone else wants to host the site for me i guess.)) doing this because there are over 800 Pokemon so I can't do it alone. I can take care of some articles but definitely not all. And that's not even covering the info on regions and items and organizations and the like I plan on adding. So... Anyone want to help?

*----------+----------*

To clarify a few things: this is very much a "patchwork fic" in that it uses fanon to fill in the holes where canon doesn't make sense. it is taken from a very realistic stand point in that Pokemon can very much maul you to death and Pokemon very much prey on each other. It also features details on stuff such as items, towns, organizations, regions and the like. And the answer is yes: sonic the hedgehog is now sonic the sandslash in this universe but for the love of god don't mention the actual name of any existing franchise or a parody name of any franchise because I don't like getting sued. Also it looks professional.

Oh and this is based off of this: The Pokédex - Extended Fanon Edition / Just For Fun - TV Tropes

----------------------

Okay I've decided to use a dibs system so everything is first come first serve to work on.

My dibs: arceus, mewtwo, team rocket, team aqua and Magma, Interpol (international police), Torchic line, mudkip line, Treeco line. (I think it would be easier to tackle things by line so that we don't have to have a long list of 800 something Pokemon and instead the list is compressed because each entry has one to three Pokemon with similar physiologists covered.)

Thanks. Here's a link to a conversation doc I made because I'm doing this across two forums and I want everybody to be able to chat about it: The Unofficial Fanon Pokedex Project - discussion doc

So. Any Pokemon fans. And I apologize for how messy this is.

His name is Sephiroth but his friends call him Sephie.

Lord Flash Fire
Lord Flash Fire's picture

This is a thing of beauty. 

Kinda like if the forumites here got together and made our own Letters Page (of course assuming C&A we'rent already doing one)

" Ever had those days where you have amazing luck,
everything goes right, and you feel like the king of the world...
....And then you wake up?"
-Someone special, 2012