The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

The Sentinels of the Multiverse TV Tropes Page Help

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
X-metal
X-metal's picture
The Sentinels of the Multiverse TV Tropes Page Help

Hello lovely people of the GTG forums.

As you may know, Sentinels of the Multiverse has a page on TVTropes that can be found here.

But what you might not know (yet) is that there are now also Funny, Heartwarming, Nightmare Fuel, and Tearjerker pages.

Now, as an editor of TVTropes and an avid Sentinels fan, I (and others such as RonnieArmitage who, until told otherwise, I'm assuming is Ronway) have editing the pages and adding stuff to them (in fact, I created the Funny, Heartwarming, Nightmare Fuel, and Tearjerker pages and hopefully I will soon also create an Awesome page). 

As such, I shall ask for your opinion. What you think are Funny, Heartwarming, Tearjerker, and Nightmare Fuel (and Awesome) moments in Sentinel Comics?

I thank you for your ideas,

X-metal (Also known as BackSet1 on TVTropes)

His name is Sephiroth but his friends call him Sephie.

TheBazaarClerk
TheBazaarClerk's picture

For nightmare fuel I think this forum topic may be useful: https://greaterthangames.com/forum/topic/since-its-october-lets-discuss-.... This one might also be interesting (https://greaterthangames.com/forum/topic/favorite-moment-in-sentinel-comics-11394)... But since you were the one who started that topic it may be a bit redundant. 

Anyways, some moments from the top of my head:

Awesome: 

-Basically everything to do with the Oblivaeon event could be included: Commodora sacrificing herself by crashing her ship into Oblivaeon, Nightmist becoming the gate and allowing heroes from all over the multiverse to join the fight, Akash'Hero turning into Akash flora and giving a boost of energy to the heroes Captain Cosmic fusing with his brother (or something similar) and using all their combined power to stop an Oblivaeon blast, the colloseum being summoned in the middle of the battle and the gladiators joining the fight, Citizen Dawn saving the day with that friggin aurora thing, Unity building a huge t-rex bot, Argent Adept holding off Progeny by himself and later summoning the ghosts past Virtuosos to the battle, Con rewinding time to fix the destruction to Rook City, Knyfe stopping F.I.L.T.E.R. from invading earth by fighting her alternate dimension selves and blowing up the base, the entire egyptian pantheon fighting Oblivaeon directly (and while they all died in the process, they were the first to wound him), Lifeline absorving the Aeon men into himself and latter using that energy to land some big hits on Oblivaeon, Darkwatch fighting and defeating Faultless even while being at one of their lowest points (without nightmist and both Mr. Fixer and Setback being mystically messed up) and many that I definitely forgot. 

It's the ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny. 

-From the animated show: Legacy managing to escape Miss Information's illusion and then breaking her hold on the team, before they work in unison to fight her (my favorite moment being Absolute Zero breaking the armor on his hands to use more power). The final battle of the Vengeance ark also fits, with every "guest hero" from the season coming to help and the Freedom Five "switching partners" to get an advantage against the villains. 

-Voss returning from the realm of Discord (which is itself a great feat, not only surviving but using the portal beasts to escape), only to be banished by Nightmist before he can start another invasion. 

-Tempest wrecking havoc inside Voss' ship during his invasion. 

-Most of the Cosmic Contest, including: Absolute Zero getting his armor broken (again) but having learned to deal with it by creating an ice armor, Baron Blade's entire run of the competition, Nightmist winning the contest, 

-Argent Adept getting the "Death Caller" title in the Bloodsworn colloseum, where he manages to avoid any direct fight so much that Kaargra puts a prize on his head and the gladiators try rushing at him, which he responds by summoning huge hands from the void to grabs his attackers and take them away. 

-Sky-Scrapper defeating Kaargra in a one-on-one battle by using all her sizes to her advantage.  

-Nightmist defeating the Magic Eater, who was immune to all her powers and usual tools, by baiting it into a Gas station with an artifact and blowing it up. 

-Mainstay and Ambuscade fighting the gang in a bar in the most action movie way possible. 

-Miss Information managing to repeatedly tricking the heroes and generally make their lives hell without any special powers. Also Parse managing to immediately discover MI identity simply by walking into the room, later outsmarting and defeating the villain with her own traps. 

-Harpy answering Gloomweaver invitation to the evil side by throwing a lot of birds at his face. 

Tearjerker: 

-Daybreak:The backstories of Muerto, Muse and Headlong. 

-From the inverse world: Biomancer losing his homunculus companion, Josiah, and then latter telling his stories to Eustace. 

-The Iron Legacy universe, where every hero who opposes him ends up defeated. 

-Tony Taurus snapping after the events of the Bloodsworn colosseum, falling into villainy and latter killing Doctor Tremata.

-Both the Scholar's backstory (being forgotten by his own family) and his sacrifice to save Guise. 

-Tactics Ambuscade giving up on his redemption and going back to his hero-hunter ways. 

-Most things relating to the tactics universe could fit. 

Funny:

-From the animated series: "We have to stop Gloomweaver from getting a hold on earth at all costs" "what if he already did?" "Oh, then we are certainly dead".

-Does the page already has Unity's Platform Bot? Blade's reaction to the bot is literally the funniest thing to me on the entire game.   

-Nightmist training Harpy, letting her apprentice deal with angry spirits in a haunted house while she waits in a corner reading a book. 

-Darkwatch Tempest (I forgot his name) constantly insulting earth while seeking refuge there. 

-Wager Master and Guise's apartment shenanigans. Also, Absolute Zero winning WM's poetry challenge ("You weren't supposed to be good at poetry. Nobody's good at poetry.").

-Baron Blade comes back from the realm of Discord after being lost there for a good time, and the first thing he does is give Miss Information a "you used to be cool" speech.

-From the cosmic contest: Bugbear being brought back from another dimension, but being so surprised by existing again that he quickly loses and is rebanished. 

-Tachyon informing Sky-scrapper that only a mad man would do the modifications the latter wanted. Cue Luminary coming out of the door.  

Heartwarming: 

-Harpy choosing to go back to prison, when Tachyon decides that her cousin reedemed herself enough and uses the F5's resources to get her out. Also, Darkwatch defending Harpy on the Celestial Tribunal. 

-Absolute Zero refusing to fall for Wager Master's scheme to betray the Freedom 5. Another AZ example: Him finding the man who accidentaly killed his fiance, only to have a peaceful conversation and make peace with him.

-Scholar taking the time and effort to defend the Dreamer, remembering that even though there was a huge battle against the nightmares going on, it's still the heroes job to defend the innocent. 

-From the animated show: Both The Chirstmas special (with Absolute Zero and Hippo giving presents to orphans) and the Life of a Hero episode (where we get to see the heroes just chill and enjoy time with their family and friends). 

-Main universe Ambuscade, who was left deeply scarred and without a job (right when he was making his big return to the screen), but still decides to remain on the side of good by becoming both a private investigator and crime fighter. 

-Almost anything involving Haka. 

Nightmare: 

-Can we add everything from Nightmist's Black Book of Monsters? Specially that Doppelganger in the mirror. 

Escher

Y'know, I read this topic as "There's a SotM TVTropes page and I'm trapped there, send help" and that seems pretty accurate.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Yo, fun fact: I made that page. I never got around to fleshing it out, but I was the one who created it.

So it's cool to see people filling it out and generally showing interest in it!

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

McBehrer wrote:

Yo, fun fact: I made that page. I never got around to fleshing it out, but I was the one who created it.

So it's cool to see people filling it out and generally showing interest in it!

It has a whole ecosystem at this point. Main page, multiple character sheets, funny/nightmare/tearjerker/etc. moments, trivia, etc.

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

X-metal
X-metal's picture

Jeysie wrote:

McBehrer wrote:
Yo, fun fact: I made that page. I never got around to fleshing it out, but I was the one who created it.So it's cool to see people filling it out and generally showing interest in it!

It has a whole ecosystem at this point. Main page, multiple character sheets, funny/nightmare/tearjerker/etc. moments, trivia, etc.

I blame myself. Because I did make the funny, night,are fuel, tearjerker, heartwarming, and awesome pages. I also made a disparation character sheet.

His name is Sephiroth but his friends call him Sephie.

The Mariner
The Mariner's picture

Nigtmare Fuel: "Smiling is overrated."