The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

The Sentinels and H number

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
lfbn
The Sentinels and H number

I've run games of SotM at local game stores a few times and gotten good response from people in-store, but recently I had an encounter with another player who absolutely insisted that The Sentinels should add four to the H value of any game in which they are used, since there are a total of four character cards with that deck. This had never occurred to me. I've always operated under the assumption that one deck = 1 H, but this guy loudly insisted otherwise.

I can't find my printed rulesets anyplace, so for the sake of my sanity: The Sentinels still have an H value of 1, right?

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

The Sentinels totally only count as 1 for determining the value of (H). While they have four Character Cards that are targets, the hero deck belongs to The Sentinels, which would be the "Hero". 

bluedarky
bluedarky's picture

H is the number of hero decks in play, not hero characters.

If H=4 for the Sentinels then no one would ever play them.

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Wow, that would be ridiculous if they counted as H=4 all by themselves. If they did, apart from the difficulty of the game in general going through the roof, it would break some stuff - for example, Plague Rat would never be able to flip (unless you just had the Sentinels and one other hero).

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)