The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

The Only OblivAeon Question that Matters

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
The Mariner
The Mariner's picture
The Only OblivAeon Question that Matters

Are the quotes for heroes entering the game midway the same as heroes starting the game, or are quote-hunters like me going to go completely insane looking for all the possibilities?  Thanks.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Quote-hunters are going to go completely insane. :D Here's a preview of what the entries look like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9emkEFT0nTw&t=4405

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Does OblivAeon say something different to every character/variant?!

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

At least to every character from what I’ve seen.  Not as certain about variants.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Hankroyd

In the mobile preview, Obliv' said the same thing to Guise and Santa Guise.

But maybe future preview will give a more complete answer to that.

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

My guess is that OblivAeon will have a unique phrase to say to each hero, but not to each variant.

Braithwhite
Braithwhite's picture
AdminPlaytester

I’m so happy that the digital version is out, because I’ve been waiting to see the dialog threads for a while!  Here is what you’ve got in store:

1. Oblivaeon says a unique phrase to each hero, though it is the same across all variants of that hero. 

2. EACH variant says something different in response. Have fun with that!  DW Setback, Extreme AA, and The Harpy are my favorites!

But wait, there’s more!

3. Villains with heroic alternates  (and their heroic counterparts) have unique dialog (which changes with the variants for either villain or hero).  This also includes V5 style villains where appropriate (baron blade/bomber blade/Vengeance Blade, for instance, each have unique lines for every Legacy Variant as well as for Luminary and Heroic Luminary)

4.  the Matriarch/Harpy interactions are my favorites.  Not so much an added thing, really. Not sure it deserved a separate number. 

Hope you all have fun finding them all!

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Cool! Looking forward to checking out these interactions!

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel