The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

The Next Poster Story...

73 posts / 0 new
Last post
Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester
The Next Poster Story...

It's been a few days since anything happened here, so I'm bumping, and giving a fist bump to whoever wants it.

Good ideas are usually just bad ideas a stubborn person eventually fixed.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I'll claim the fist bump, and give the next poster a hearty thumbs up.

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

I claim the hearty thumbs up and give the next poster an enthusiastic high five

"A delayed game is eventually good. A rushed game is bad forever"

-Shigeru Miyamoto

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

I accept the enthusiastic high five and offer the next poster a hug that lasts about a second too long and leaves us both feeling slightly uncomfortable but like we share a bond now.

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

I'll take the hug, but I love hugs, and so I'll get really into it and make you confused even though you're the one that started it.

Next poster gets a manly headbutt of respect.

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

I'll stagger from the headbutt of respect and dazidly give the next poster a grudging nod of approval.

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

I will grudgingly accept the head nod and will give a passionate fist bump to the next poster.

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

I'll take the fist bump and move my hand upward slowly whilst going "Bada-lada-lada-la" in a slightly bemused fashion :D.

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

I'll stare at Ameena without quite comprehending what she's doing, and launch myself at the next poster in an attempt to catch them in a tackly bear-hug. 

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

I stagger from the bear hug, and provide the next poster with a super secret and exclusive handshake

-Shigeru Miyamoto

Comrade Bubbles
Comrade Bubbles's picture

I fluff the handshake and go for an awkward high five with the next poster.

The space/time continuum was broken when I got here. Honest.

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

I miss the high five and awkwardly bump elbows instead.  I wink knowingly at the next poster.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

I see the wink, and blanch. Does Arcanist Lupus know my secret? I can't take the chance. I turn away suddenly and stick out my hand to shake which ever poster's hand is next.

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I hold your handshake for far too long and then bow at the next poster

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

I accept your solemn bow and then walk around playing air guitar hoping someone will join me.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I jump in and start wailing on air guitar so hard that the scene fades into us air guitar-rocking a giant audience of screaming fans as we double solo and rock the entire known universe into a peaceful utopia.

It then fades back to us awkwardly air guitaring back to back by the fountain at the mall while everyone stares.

I sheepishly walk away, waving slightly to the next poster.

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

I half wave back, not sure if you're waving at me or the poster behind me. Then I trip and awkwardly fall over the next poster.

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

Little did you know that was me tabletopping you. I was pushing you backwards to trip over the next poster. I then hightail it, hollering at said next poster

-Shigeru Miyamoto

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

I hear your holler as I wonder how I can get a forum badge for starting chain reactions on threads.

I express these thoughts as a breakdance of greeting to the next poster.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

I am moved to tears by the beauty of your breakdance of greeting and drag over the next poster to join me in witnessing this magnificent expression of welcoming acknowlegment, but inexplicably get distracted before you've finished and challenge them to a thumb-wrestling competition instead.

Damn it, Ronway!

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

I thumb-wrestle long and hard with Silverleaf. The match features deceit, treachery, every trick and gambit in the thumb-wrestling book. In the end though, Silverleaf triumphs, and slinking away I grudgingly pass £20 to the next poster, who had bet on my opponent.

-Reckless

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture

I refuse to accept the £20.  Your struggle against the unrelenting power of your opponent, as she slowly but surely counters your every trick has moved me to new heights of emotion.  I compose a new symphony in your honor, with solos for the bassoon, celeste, and accordion.  I bow solemnly towards you, then turn and yellow rock the next poster.

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

I am blown away by your yellow rock and decide to compose a symphony of my own. Unfortunately, I lack real musical talent and just pay the next poster twenty bucks to do it for me.

Powerhound_2000

I grab the money and make a dash to the concession stand.  I buy a funnel cake for the next poster. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

I try to eat the funnel cake through a funnel, leading to all sorts of messy fun!

I hand my pants over to the next poster to dry clean.

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

I take your pants and keep them to make up for the money that Powerhound took. I will contract the next poster to hunt down Powerhound to get my money for him in a dramatic fashion.

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture

I am alarmed at this Sudden Contract.  But I pull out my trusty Compound Bow and start hunting for The Ultimate Target.  I find him quitely sitting quitely by a little brook a'gurglin', and listening to a little village chime.

My feelings I with difficulty smother, and I take careful aim at Powerhound.  But before I fire I suddenly remember - I'm not here to kill him, I'm just supposed to get the money he stole.  Feeling a bit sheepish, I put down my bow and take out my Neuro-Toxin Dart Thrower.  I take aim again, and fire.  But Powerhound senses his danger and dodges - right into the path of my second dart!  This one hits him squarely on the arm.  He staggers backwards and falls into the little brook, where he starts floating away.  Fortunately, it is a very little brook, and he doesn't get very far before I grab him and haul him onto the bank.  As I search his pockets for the money, I find a particularly interesting object.  I return the money to Nielzabub, and leave the object for the next poster to find.

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

Well, I decide to take the object as well as the money. It is a magical zipper that fit perfectly on the pants I took from Matchstickman and didn't dry clean. I attach the zipper, and try to put on the pants to see what powers they now have, but they do not fit me. I decide to give Matchstickman his pants back, but I cannot find him, so I just leave the magically augmented pants in the dry cleaner for the next poster to find.

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture

I find the pants, but they do not fit me either, so I leave them for the next poster and continue on my way.

Powerhound_2000

Feeling groggy I find the pants and put them on over my current pants foolishly thinking they fit alright.  Jumping with glee the button comes off and launches at the next poster.  

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

The pants button lands in my mug of delicious decaf earl grey, thus infecting it with pants cooties and rendering it completely undrinkable. In a thirsty rage I smash the mug to the ground and the cootie-infested tea makes the floor perilously slippery for the next poster.

Damn it, Ronway!

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

On my daily casual stroll, I don't notice the slippery floor, and procede to slide, and eventually fall. I rage slightly before I get over it and carry on my way. However, being too lazy to actualy clean it, I just leave a warning and a mop bucket for the next poster

-Shigeru Miyamoto

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

I come across the warning and mop bucket completely unaware of how my actions have led to this moment. Still, for some reason, I'm contemplating karma. Maybe I should do this random good thing to make the world a better place. Screw that! I hide the sign and take the mop, but I end up slipping on the puddle and fall unconscious. The next poster will find my unconscious self with the mop laying on top of me.

Comrade Bubbles

I remove the handle of the mop and create a nice wig for your unconscious body. I skip merrily away after leaving a sign instructing the next poster to take a picture.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

I take a picture of slaaneshi611 merrily skipping away.

I ask the next poster to help me search Nielzabub's body for my pants

Powerhound_2000

Still a bit groggy I see Matchstickman searching a body.  Since the  2nd set of pants aren't staying up because of the missing button I slip in the puddle as well and decide to take the pants off figuring I'm better off without them. I ask Matchstickman if he would like these pants instead.   Covered in this slime now I ask the next poster to help me find a new set of clean clothes. 

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

I wake up and shake with fear as I think Powerhound is here for revenge, but alas, he does not recognize me in this mop wig that I guess I put on at some point. Go me. I help Powerhound find a second pair of clothes and then temporarily leave the story allowing the next poster to tie up any loose plot threads that are hanging or to create more complications.

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

I decide to enter in order to narrate the last part, but accidentally end up breaking the fourth wall. Embarassed, I decided to look around and find somebody to help me repair it. Dragging the next poster against his will to assist me in my quest

-Shigeru Miyamoto

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

I get dragged in to fix the fourth wall. I start working, but when VisforYoshi's back is turned I realise that the fourth wall is, like, connected up to everything. Oh man, oh man oh man oh man.

"One, two, three, four." I release Silverleaf's thumb, which was pinned beneath my own, graciously thanking my very worthy opponent as I turn to shoot a winning smile at my banks of cheering fans. Powerhound and Nielzabub's pants-stealing antics fade into the background, as I stroll away from Silverleaf, Arcanist Lupus' "Symphony for Awesome for Bassoon, Celeste and Accordion" swelling in the background.

Next poster gets to be my plucky comic relief sidekick.

-Reckless

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

That's definitely me.

Next poster gets to be on the wall, as an actual poster (See, I can be funny, please let me be your sidekick. I'll dye my hair blue and wear a meerkat costume and everything).

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

Thanks to Meerkat's fourthwall breaking, this entire thread got rebooted. Meerkat and Matchstickman live together and I'm a magical poster that comes to life to help them out every so often. The next poster gets to decide the premise of the show Meerkat and Matchstickman have rebooted/spun off into.

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

I decide to make it a buddy cop show where Meerkat is an anthropomorphic meerkat and Matchstickman is a guy dressed up as a blue meerkat. I'll leave it to the next poster to tell of the grisly murder that took place to bring them together.

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture

The murder was gruesome indeed.  A young woman was thrown from the top of the Empire State Building.  A rope was tied around each of her limbs.  Very long ropes indeed - they were almost, but not quite, long enough to reach the ground.  The next poster shall decide who was murdered.

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

Ronway was murdered. The primary suspect is Pydro. The next poster gets to insert themselves into the story.

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

Unfortunatley I was there to witness the even. I did my best to avoid being seen but couldn't stifle my last gasp in time. As the dark figure turned his too blurry to see face in my direction (it was too rainy to make out who it was), I knew I had a problem. Running through my life, I tried to do whatever I could to escape the pursuer. I tipped trash cans, hurled cinderblocks, and lept over a brick wall in an otherwise dead end alley. Unfortunatley, all in vein, however a lucky blackout helped me sneak away, desperate for a hiding place I quickly pounded the door of the next poster, asking them to help me hide from the killer, who's crosshairs were now on me.

-Shigeru Miyamoto

Powerhound_2000

Awoken from a nap I angrily open the door with the thought of hitting whomever disturbed my slumber.   I launch myself at VisForYoshi and completely miss.   Out in the open I'm shot by the dark figure.   I tell the next poster something with my last few breaths.  

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

Between this show's pilot and first episode, they decided to ditch the magic poster idea, and I've been brought back on as a series regular. I hold Powerhound's body and cry in anguish. In his last few breaths, he tells me that his killer was probably a dude. I use this incident to live my long deferred dream of being a superhero and take to the streets to find this dude that killed some mook I didn't know very well. The next poster is the first person I try to save.

Comrade Bubbles

I am grateful for the rescue attempt. My initial forays into unicycling end badly and I would have careened into the next poster were it not for the rescue.

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

Deeply focused on the trail of the killer, I don't see the unicycle coming until it's almost upon me. It certainly would have hit me if it wasn't for Nielzabub.

"Thanks, kid," I say, brushing myself off. "Say, haven't I seen you around before?"

Before he can answer, another gunshot rings out through the night. I swivel, keen meerkat senses zeroing in on the direction from which the sound came, then sprinting after it, Matchstickman and Nielzabub hot on my heels. The dark and the rain make it hard to see where we're going, and we barely keep our footing on the treacherous ground, but eventually we find the spot where the gun was fired... and the next poster.

-Reckless

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

As we see my dead body on the street, I am filled with a lot of confusion. Something's not right here. The next poster is the therapist I see to work out my existential crisis.

Powerhound_2000

I explain to Nielzabub how all of his issues are caused by his Oedipus complex.  After Nielzabub walks out yelling that I'm a charalatan, I close my doors and open a therapist style lemonade stand.  I offer advice for a nickel to the next poster along with a nice ice cold lemonade.  

Pages