The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

The Dauntless Kick starter

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
oddthomas
Playtester
The Dauntless Kick starter

Hello everybody. Im looking for help in finishing off my kick starter campaign. It didnt start off that great, but has recently picked up. I was hoping the fans of Sentinels of the Multiverse could help! The campaign has less then 2 days left and trying to make a comeback. You guys can check it out here https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1695965173/the-dauntless/posts/1392311 and thanks for looking. Feel free to message me on here on a PM or on my email. 

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

I guess it's a comic book? It doesn't really say that anywhere on the top of the campaign page or even here in your message to us. Maybe the KS video says it, but I wasn't hooked quickly enough to want to click "play". Waaaay at the bottom of the campaign page it mentions books. You may be able to improve the response you're getting by focusing the info you're sharing on Kickstarter. Might need to "sell" it better. 

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

I'd also suggest keeping the updates on the 'Updates' page. The first real information on the Campaign page is the post about Silhouette, which entirely fails to introduce your premise or setting, and makes a bunch of references to things we don't know yet, because we've just got here and have no idea what's going on. It is unreasonably difficult to find what your books are actually about, and why we should care about them. That info needs to be front and centre.

EDIT: I just watched some of your campaign video; you don't even really introduce the comics until two minutes in. The campaign video is your hard sell, and you need to take advantage of that. To compare to another comics project: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sonson/kuruz-volume-2-one-by-one?re... - I watched 30 seconds of this campaign video and I now know what the premise of the guy's comic is and have seen some of the art to boot. People have short attention spans, and you need to hook them sharpish.

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

No international shipping? That's me gone then. If I have to email you to find out if you'll ship to the UK and how much it will cost, I'm out. Don't make me have to work to buy your product.

It hardly inspires confidence if you can't figure out international shipping. How can I trust you'll manage a project properly if you can't be bothered to work that out?

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

oddthomas
Playtester

Hey guys! Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it. Even though this kick starter may fail its okay. I learned alot and thanks to you guys I learned even more. Sometimes you have to fail to succeed, but the only way to do that is find how why and how you failed. You guys helped with that. If I do another kick start campaign I'll take what you guys said and apply it to the next one. 

Spiff I think you were spot on when you said I need to sell it better, and I think that goes in to what meerkat was saying as well. The video should have been done alot  better. It was probably the weakest part of the kick start, when it should have been the strongest. Silver Leaf you are right about the shipping and the confidence of the costumer. Just because I think Ia have a great product diesnt mean people wknow that and back it. They need to have confidence in me managing the project. Really good feedback. Thank you.