The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

The Aftermath phase...or what I'll probably call the End or Enemy Phase

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tegre
Tegre's picture
The Aftermath phase...or what I'll probably call the End or Enemy Phase

So now that the kickstarter is alive and out there, I finally have a better idea of how Galactic Strike Force works gameplay wise and what it's all about.

However, I was wondering about the Aftermath phase.  Is it really only restricted to the enemies and them replenshing their supplies? If so why not refer to it as the end phase? or even the Enemy Phase.  I state this because looking at the five phases you have

Travel
Requition
Install
Battle
Aftermath

Which spells out...TRIBA!...err...um..yeah.  However if it were called the End Phase or Enemy Phase...It would than spell out TRIBE which in a way would be neat way to remember the order of the phases. Sort of how Dominion has it's ABC (Action, Buy, Cleanup) method of gameplay.

Corny I know...but I think that's what I'll be calling it - and it's little things like this that help me remember how a game is played.

Regardless...Great job Greater than Games,  I can't wait to see what the next few days/weeks updates will reveal and hopefully have it in my hands in October.yesyes

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Maybe you can add a final phase after you've just been beatn - the Loss phase, therefore spelling out the word "Tribal" ;).

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

more than just enemy stuff happens in the aftermath phase..... dun dun duuuuuuh

Lynkfox.
http://sentinelswiki.com/ The Sentinels of the Multiverse Wiki

http://mindwanderer.net/sotm/ - SoTM Statistics! Updated DAILY!

PM me if you're interested in playing with the Statistics Data!

Tegre
Tegre's picture

CURSE YOU LYNKFOX!!! *shakes fist angrily*

Well I guess I'll be calling it the End Phase.   I can't think of a better "E" word other than "Everything Else".

Also can't think of a good follow up for L to make it "TRIBAL"

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture

It's the Lull Phase. You stop what you are doing, take a deep breath and prepare for the next round.