The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Thanks! That's how we played

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
MigrantP
MigrantP's picture
Thanks! That's how we played

Thanks! That's how we played it.

I thought it was really interesting that you are allowed to play Boost cards at the end of phases, before the start of the next phase. For example, playing a card you just drew in Aftermath before the Travel phase begins. That can be very useful, and definitely is not apparent from the regular rulebook.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

If you do that you sacrifice buying power next round, but ships like Vigilance and Wrath can minimize that with how frequently they draw and how deep they can cycle

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

I've forgotten on a couple of occasions when spending Boosts in the first part of a round - I need to remember to wait until at least the "Get Credits" bit has been done so I have my money, then I can use them before the "Requisition Stuff" bit or wait a bit longer in the round.

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Ameena wrote:

I've forgotten on a couple of occasions when spending Boosts in the first part of a round - I need to remember to wait until at least the "Get Credits" bit has been done so I have my money, then I can use them before the "Requisition Stuff" bit or wait a bit longer in the round.

There have been times I needed to Strike Force Tactics a ship during [T] so it didn't activate during [R]. Looking at you Smugglers!

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Foote wrote:

Ameena wrote:

There have been times I needed to Strike Force Tactics a ship during [T] so it didn't activate during [R]. Looking at you Smugglers!

Or during the Aftermath after drawing to stop a [T] icon.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

This topic is for discussing Pydro's FAQ.  We should try to keep things focused.

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

I love the thread title =)

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island