The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Thank you Dawn, very cool!

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
The Mariner
The Mariner's picture
Thank you Dawn, very cool!

Playing at Madame Mittermeier’s with Grandpa Legacy (no environment removal), FV AZ (no environment removal), and Omnitron (only the one beamy thing, 2x).  Not only did Hall of Mirrors (with help from Legacy sacrifices) keep us safe from a nasty set of citizens while whittling down Truth, but after we had knocked him out Dawn came in with Devastating Aurora and prevented 4-ish damage per turn on all the heroes!  Eventually the environment got crazy again, until the dramatic climax, when Legacy threw away his ring, the only card in his hand, in a last-ditch attempt to make Dawn the lowest HP character... and got a Thokk.

Does anyone else have any stories of nastier environments and villains cancelling each other out?

starkenburg_ale...
starkenburg_alexander's picture

I will often times let the environment eat Matriach's birdies if there is an AoE damage card ala Fire in the Biosphere. Just let it sit out and focus fire on her.

Final Wasteland is a good place for the Chairman as a lot of the stuff hits everything or second lowest hp. Combined with Unforgiving Wasteland, you can whittle down minions pretty quickly.

Several times I have been saved from defeat by Rook City, of all places. Either Toxic Sludge plinks away at the boss while leaving my low hp heroes alone, or the occasional Falling Statuary will KO something important.

Damage boosts from the environment (Explosives Wagon, Obsidian Field) can also be really useful depending on the villain.

There have been several times where the villains target the highest non-villain and the environment targets the highest non-environment and I just sit there with my heroes at 3 hp and let them beat on each other :D

~Komori

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

You would have to be careful going up against the Chairman in the Final Wasteland, lest you inadvertently end up with an unwinnable game if too many Underbosses get perma-eaten before the Chairman flips...

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

WalkingTarget
WalkingTarget's picture

I’ve won a game against Akash’Bhuta on Dok’Thorath that came down to Mist Forming until the ongoing civil war took her out. Took some shenanigans from Incap Abilities to offset Ongoing destruction, but it worked.

Trajector
Trajector's picture

I always find it entertaining when a nasty environment card appears, followed immediately by Devastating Aurora. I can imagine Dawn being motivated not by the heroes' power, but by the environmental threat.

"Lost in the Past? Heck no!"

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

I've had similar happen with Akash'Bhuta chucking out a Disrupt the Field just when we're trying to figure out how to get rid of some horrible Environment card that's just come out. Of course, Akash'Bhuta being Akash'Bhuta, she normally follows that up with a Primeval Eruption or two as well... :P

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)