The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Tachyon Card Help

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
much0gust0
much0gust0's picture
Playtester
Tachyon Card Help

Man, this board has come alive with questions! I'm sure more are to come up as we go along, but one came up today that I wasn't sure how to 'resolve.' 

On Synaptic Interruption, after blocking the attack and sending those blocked attacks back to your attacker, does the attacker then get a chance to roll defenses against what is essentially their own attack? We had been playing that those are freebie hits on the attacker, but that seems overly powerful from an already powerful character.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Yeah, you always defend against an attack. You reassign the dice that you blocked as an attack from tachyon, so you pretend like Tachyon was attacking them and happened to roll the same numbers on the dice.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

One important thing to note on "re-assigned" attacks is that you cannot add dice to it with attack+1 tokens, nor will it trigger using an attack-1 token.  You also can't use aim to affect it.  Those exact dice will be reassigned, you can't affect them otherwise.

much0gust0
much0gust0's picture
Playtester

phantaskippy wrote:

One important thing to note on "re-assigned" attacks is that you cannot add dice to it with attack+1 tokens, nor will it trigger using an attack-1 token.  You also can't use aim to affect it.  Those exact dice will be reassigned, you can't affect them otherwise.

There's no doubt in my mind that you are correct, as you are a Playtester and I'm sure needed to have these discussions, so is this spelled out somewhere in the rule book? I'm glad this whole community is here to clarify things, but it's a shame the rulebook is so lacking in specifications for many situations. I'm sure that when the "Cards" section of the website is updated, things will be clearer, but for now we are just kind of randomly deciding things at home, hahaha.