The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

(SW Ohio) Boonshoft Museum GeekFest

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture
(SW Ohio) Boonshoft Museum GeekFest

Hey, guys!

My wife started a job at the Boonshoft Museum of Discovery in Dayton this past November and has been assisting with their educational programs (including the Museum's "Harry Potter" science camp, which just ended last week).  This month, Boonshoft is hosting their first ever GeekFest, held at the museum itself, on Friday, July 17th, from 6pm-11pm.

Events will include an open board gaming room (being run by my wife and I), a Super Smash Brothers tournament, a costume contest, Geek Jeopardy, planetarium shows (and open retro gaming on the planetarium dome!), and several other events.  I'll actually be demoing a new board game prototype that I just finished drafting.  Vendors will include several notable Dayton-area game/comics stores, who have also offered prize support for the various events.

Admission is $10 at the door, which benefits the museum's astronomy programs and educational outreach.

More information is available here:  Boonshoft Museum of Discovery--Geekfest 2015

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Sounds fun. hope it goes great.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel