The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Supply and Demand Benchmark Unlock Discussion

150 posts / 0 new
Last post
MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester
Supply and Demand Benchmark Unlock Discussion

Based on S&D B's incap art, I tried a game against Baron Blade, the Operative, Fright Train, and Friction (for Highbrow).  I did defeat Highbrow.  Other heroes got some of the killing blows on other villains.  All other heroes were incapped.  No unlock.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

TeensiesKing

Did 2 attempts at unlocking.

First, I tried Benchmark, Omnitron-X and Setting Sun Ra against Baron Blade in Megalopolis.  Benchmark played all Hardware and Software cards and all other heroes were incapacitated.

https://pastebin.com/65wJkMV6

Second was Benchmark, Argent Adept, Super Scientific Tachyon and Prime Wardens Fanatic against Ambuscade in Freedom Tower.  Benchmark used the effects of every Software card at least once, had all Hardware and Software cards in play at once, all other heroes were incapacitated and only Benchmark did damage to Ambuscade aside from Frost's Cyrochamber.

https://pastebin.com/xV8BKDY5

No unlock for either.

The Girl With N...

I got nothing yet, but it might be worth listing villains with RevoCorp ties? Baron Blade, Ambuscade, Plague Rat, Vengeance BB and Plague Rat, maybe Friction for Revenant?

Alternatively, it could be a play on "supply and demand". Like, I dunno, "lose all Software cards and win".

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Tried winning with all hardware and one copy of each software in play. Benchmark at full HP. Both allies incapped, and neither destroyed any targets or damaged the villain. No dice.

Submit your games here!

FearLord

The power is called ‘Desperate Measures’ and involves healing so perhaps it requires him to go down to 1 hp and then recover to full?

The Girl With N...

It's not "Use every Software power in 1 turn and win." Which is a shame because that took forever to do. 

Ensign53
Ensign53's picture
Playtester

It's also not as simple as win with Benchmark doing the final damage with at least one of every hardware and software in play.

Blackfang108
Playtester

Perhaps he needs to be incapped?

bluedarky
bluedarky's picture

Perhaps he needs to be the last hero standing since he comes from a world with apparently no other heroes.

Dosnish

Defeated Blade with benchmark as the last hero standing, no unlock.

FearLord

bluedarky wrote:

Perhaps he needs to be the last hero standing since he comes from a world with apparently no other heroes.

thats a good thought - what about it having to be a team game and him having to be the last hero standing before any of the villains go down to represent him being out numbered?

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

I can't seem to find the Stuntman Unlock thread. What happened to it? 

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

FearLord

UXM266 wrote:

not sure anyone has started one yet?

UXM266
UXM266's picture

FearLord wrote:

UXM266 wrote:

not sure anyone has started one yet?

There was one yesterday, and somone unlocked him! I swear I saw a thread here, on reddit, and steam. Now I can't find it. Am I dreaming? I'm sorry to derail this thread.

But anywho, I tried having everything out on benchmark and no unlock. 

The Girl With N...

Unless the heroes have to be incapped by villain targets, it's not "Win a team villain game with Benchmark as the only surviving hero on full health".

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

@UXM266 - you're not crazy, someone unlocked it using an unsporting method. They deleted their posts/screenshots when we asked.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

tedprodromou

Based on the Benchmark/RevoCorp episode of The Letters Page, here are some of Benchmarks adventures. Maybe this will help give lines of inquiry?

- While fighting against scions, betrays (sorta) Setback and Parse and incapacitates them, with Revenant watching. Then fights against and defeats Revenant.
- Saves Bunker from Chokepooint
- Saves Tachyon from Progeny
- Tracked down Plague Rat
- In alternate supply and demand world, defeated by Baron Blade, Fright Train, Operative, and Highbrow

I'm going to try fighting alongside Setback and Parse, having Benchmark incapacitate both while Revenant is in play, then defeating Revenant. I'm not great with log files but I'll try and will report back.

UXM266
UXM266's picture

@MigrantP 

thank you for the update. I missed this comment somehow. Long story short I’m going on very little sleep and stress.

i tried not having any hardware out. And playing software cards. No unlock. 

TheRebelYell

Took a run at a villans game where benchmark deleted parse and setback with revenant in play and also defeated fright train, Baron blade, operative, and highbrow. No Unlock here's the log

https://pastebin.com/9dE86xjZ

Mark Adler

artificemaryam
Playtester

Two games down-given the incap art I had two games-both of them where he lead the team, and one where he was the only person KO'd, and a second where he was the only hero not KO'd. No unlock on either. 

FearLord

I think it must have something to do with being the last man standing, but there must be other conditions as well... I can’t remember the story too well though - did Supply and Demand Benchmark operate in either Megalopolis or Rook City? Was that mentioned?

Basketkeep
Basketkeep's picture

I tried playing a game where he ended at 1 HP, both of his allies incapped (Parse and Setback), and he dealt the final blow to Baron Blade.

Played a game where he went from 1 HP back to 31 HP.

Played a game where he had all 40 cards in hand.

No Unlock.

TheRebelYell

It'd be a pain to pull off but has anyone tried a villans game with BB, FT, Friction, and Operative in the final wasteland. Remove all Ally's and win the game ? That's my next attempt and I really hope it works

Mark Adler

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

I thought this week's one-shot might be a clue: Enduring Intercession with a target-rich environment can draw a lot of attention to Haka, and if he's lowest HP, that can all be redirected to Benchmark with Intervening Path Calculator.  Plus, Prime Wardens Haka is an expert at healing other heroes, both keeping Benchmark alive (not that he needs it) and raising the others' HP above Haka's.  At first I thought Unity was also a clue via Stealth Bot, but IPC only works on heroes, not hero targets.  And I thought Bunker's presence might suggest Benchmark unnecessarily "rescuing" everyone else, since that was one of his defining moments in the comic books that really annoyed readers.

So I set out to get a ton of use out of Countermeasures and Subcutaneous Cybernetics.  Benchmark healed constantly and killed a whole lot of targets preemptively.  I didn't count, but it was a lot of both.  No unlock.

I also set up a similar game, in which I finished with everyone at full health.  Ambuscade died to Countermeasures while he was cloaked.  Not quite as many Countermeasures otherwise, and not as much healing (but still a fair amount of both).  Also no unlock.

Submit your games here!

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Worth noting the one-shot is randomized.

I feel like, as a clue, it's more for Stuntman, and probably a starting "defeat Ambuscade" game for the unlock.

Reverend Pete

Or “lose to Ambuscade?”

The Girl With N...

I tried redirecting damage from Chokepoint that would incapacitate Termi-Nation Bunker using the Intervening Path Calculator, in reference to how Benchmark swoops in and saves him. 

No dice. 

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

After losing this week's one-shot, I challenged the same set of villains with FS Parse and Setback again, but also Legacy, Setting Sun Ra, and Benchmark.  I was thinking a revenge thing.  Setback was incapped, but not Parse, perhaps I should have tried that.  Revenant did not make an appearance.  No unlock.

Submit your games here!

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Nyx over on the RoD Discord server managed to actually get a sighting!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/176317014682501121/477129855973064706/unknown.png

He discovered there's a prerequisite of some sort. Here's his prerequisite log: https://pastebin.com/KzWnyNEy

And the log for the actual unlock: https://pastebin.com/2TiYSpM7

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

scifantasy
scifantasy's picture

So the prerequisite game is a similar setup to this most recent hell of a One-Shot, but with Benchmark in the mix, and both Parse and Setback incapacitated at game end. Then, in the actual game, it was Parse, Setback, and Benchmark, and it unlocked as soon as Benchmark played a Hardware.

Interesting. Worth some stress testing.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

I've tried a few other games with Benchmark winning and Parse and Setback incapped.  I tried fighting Baron Blade in Megalopolis twice, once all the way through with both of them incapped and once just to get to roughly the same state as Nyx's unlock.  No unlock.

I'm guessing there's some subset of that awful Vengeance game that's required.  Probably not that exact lineup, that would be tough to randomly achieve through normal play.

I wonder where the prereqs are recorded on Android?  It doesn't have a registry, so it must be in the filespace somewhere.

Submit your games here!

scifantasy
scifantasy's picture

Right--I would guess Plague Rat, Baron Blade, and whoever has Revenant in their deck have to be the villains, and I wouldn't be shocked if Revenant had to enter play.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Revenant didn't enter play in Nyx's unlock.

Submit your games here!

UXM266
UXM266's picture

UNLOCKED!

1) Won the previous 2 weekly one-shots

1.5) In Double Jeopardy I had some incapped.

2) Beat a game with same enemies as Double Jeopardy with Benchmark in first, Expatriette, Setback, Fugue Parse, Setting Sun Ra in Enclave. Benchmark was ONLY one left. 

3) Played a game in metropolis with Baron Blade, vx Setback, Fugue Parse, and Benchmark. Moment I played a Hardwre I unlocked. 

scifantasy
scifantasy's picture

MindWanderer wrote:

Revenant didn't enter play in Nyx's unlock.

Oh, I missed that. OK.

I'm going to stress test this a bit; it looks like the key is figuring out what the prerequisite game is, the one where Benchmark is Last Hero Standing.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Again, I'm not confident Benchmark has to be the last hero standing.  We know that this week's one-shot was a clue, and Benchmark wasn't in it at all.

I did try Baron Blade, Plague Rat, and three other villains (Proletariat, Miss Information, and La Capitan) against FS Parse, Setback, and three other heroes (Legacy, Tempest, SS Ra).  That didn't seem to do it, unless I'm missing something in the unlock game itself.

Submit your games here!

scifantasy
scifantasy's picture

MindWanderer wrote:

We know that this week's one-shot was a clue, and Benchmark wasn't in it at all.

The clue could have been "RevoCorp Connected Characters Matter," not "This is the necessary prerequisite game setup," though.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Well, I tried those villains, incapped Parse and Setback, everyone else OK, then tried to replicate the unlock game.  No luck.  I just wish I knew what one of the two games needed to be so I could test the other one.  I really should just wait until a Windows user figures out the first game.

Edit: ...but, I'm a masochist.  Same set of villains.  Incapped Parse and Setback, and Ra.  Legacy and Benchmark survived.  Benchmark was basically useless, did a tiny bit of damage, I think he finished off one of Friction's gadgets.  Then, in the unlock game, it took me 3 rounds to get out any of Benchmark's hardware (and even then I had to Deploy it), but I did, and no unlock.

Submit your games here!

UXM266
UXM266's picture

Unlocked on Ipad. 

Game 1: Ambuscade, Baron Blade, Fright Train, Friction, Plague Rat. In Block. vs Benchmark, Expatriette, Fugue Parse, Setback, Setting Sun Ra. In The Block

I won, Benchmark last one left. Benchmark took down Baron Blade last. 

Game 2: Vanilla Baron Blade, Megalopolis. I used Fugue Parse, Setback, Benchmark. 

Once I played Deployment Actuation, I got the unlock.

Theory:

Benchmark must be last one left in a villains game with Revcorp villains. Then play against Baron Blade with Parse Setback and Benchmark. A Hardware card must come into play. 

UNLOCK

---------------------------

I played a game without Plague Rat, and all heroes were alive. Then repeated game 2. No Unlock. 

I think it might be based on Benchmark last one alive. Can somone play a team game where Benchmark is the last one left, then do the second game without Baron balde in a different Environment?

NyxFSSD

In my game (which Jeysie posted a log of), both Expatriette and Benchmark were alive at the end.

Dr. Kaylo Epsilon
Dr. Kaylo Epsilon's picture

No unlock

UXM266 wrote:

Unlocked on Ipad. Game 1: Ambuscade, Baron Blade, Fright Train, Friction, Plague Rat. In Block. vs Benchmark, Expatriette, Fugue Parse, Setback, Setting Sun Ra. In The BlockI won, Benchmark last one left. Benchmark took down Baron Blade last. 

I used Fright Train, Baron Blade, Ambuscade, Plague Rat, and Friction
In Time Cataclysm
Vs Benchmark. Parse (Fugue state), Setback, Omnitron-X, and Legacy (Freedom Five)

Benchmark was last one standing, I took out plague rat last.

Game 2: Baron Blade in Megalopolis vs Benchmark, Parse, and Setback. Played the secondary cannon, no unlock.

Ponderances: order of villains? Order they are taken out? Expatriette and/or/Ra have to be around?

Let R be the set containing of all sets which do not contain themselves. Is R contained in R?

UXM266
UXM266's picture

Hmmm.... maybe the previous one shots are also required.

NyxFSSD

There was only one condition for Benchmark, and I personally haven't completed the current one-shot yet, just tried it once and jumped into a similar setup with the knowledge that it was a hint. I did complete the previous one, but that was stated to only be a hint for one of them, which seems to have been for Stuntman (for whom the first two conditions were confirmed, beating solo Ambuscade with no incaps and beating team Ambuscade with no incaps).

SandyStriker

Won the Oneshot with Fine ranking but all heroes still standing

Testing if Benchmark must be the only hero left standing (could have easily made it happen) in the Revocorp set-up (I know Mindwander basically tried but I did slightly different lineup to verify).

Victory against Fright, Friction, BaronBlade, Plague, "Ambuscade" in Mobile Defense

Benchmark (2hp), Legacy(incap), Stunt 3(hp), Setting Sun RA (disapeared),Termi Bunker(1hp)

Benchmark finished off 2 villians with a multi power turn that included some stuntman off turn shooting.

Ra had previously removed all the slaugther house six from the game I say this because it is possible to win with them in play still.

Loaded: Benchmark, Fugue Parse, Setback, Akash (not blade) Final wasteland (not Mega) got some hardware out-- No unlock

Loaded: Benchmark, Fugue Parse, Setback, Akash (not blade), Megaopolis got some hardware out-- No unlock

Loaded: Benchmark, Fugue Parse, Setback, Blade, Megaopolis got some hardware out-- No unlock

Next I will go through the pain of setting up a win with Benchmark as last Hero standing vs that RevoCorp meatgrinder and see if Blade/Mega is required (it might take a while)

NyxFSSD

Again, Benchmark *does not have to be the last one standing*. Save yourself some pain in that regard, at least.

SandyStriker

oops, I didn't see the updates yet when I hit post so new angle, my set-up didn't include a darkwatch member and didn't include Parse. I will setup now with Benchmark surviving, Parse and a darkwatch member in the lineup(I'll go dark watch fixer for a new one)

Basketkeep
Basketkeep's picture

I played with Benchmark, Fugue Parse, Setback, Visionary Unleahsed, and Tempest. Defeated all Villains in the Enclave with Benchmark only one left standing. Then played against Baron Blade in Mega with Fugue Parse, Setback, and Benchmark, and played a hardware card. No unlock.

I have not completed this week's one-shot either.

Any advice on what I may be doing wrong?

SandyStriker

Won the Oneshot with Fine ranking but all heroes still standing

Tested if Benchmark, parse and a dark watch member is necessary against the Revocorp set-up 
Victory against Fright, Friction, BaronBlade, Plague, "Ambuscade" in Mobile Defense

Benchmark, Legacy, Setting Sun Ra, DW Fixer, Fugue Parse (incap)

Fairly easy Ambuscade was the last one finished so the entire Slauter house six did not make it into play

Loaded: Benchmark, Fugue Parse, Setback, Akash (not blade) Final wasteland (not Mega) got some hardware out-- No unlock
Loaded: Benchmark, Fugue Parse, Setback, Akash (not blade), Megaopolis got some hardware out-- No unlock
Loaded: Benchmark, Fugue Parse, Setback, Blade, Megaopolis got some hardware out-- No unlock

Next I will simply go for the unlock with Benchmark,Setback,Parse,Expat and someone other than setting sun ra (althoug he is so good against this matchup)
I suspect this will work now and I will slowly work up to the Blade Mega combination again.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

The current theory is that Benchmark needs to defeat either a certain number of villains, or one or more specific villains, himself.  It's tough since Vengance games go so quickly and he needs so much setup time.

What do we know about the second game?  Baron Blade in Megalopolis seems very specific and I don't know what it might be based on.

Submit your games here!

scifantasy
scifantasy's picture

It looks like we're playing out a version of Benchmark's break away from RevoCorp, which makes some sense--it's his big story. We can't really do "alternate universe Benchmark appears out of a mistgate," that's not only complicated but also the backstory of any number of Oblivaeon variants, and there would be no other way to play out the big Benchmark story without having it be this. (Similarly, the Stuntman variant unlock does seem to be playing out a version of Ambuscade's...not quite redemption arc.)

It's been confirmed that in the prerequisite game, Benchmark does not have to be Last Hero Standing...but I would bet that Setback and Parse need to be incapacitated. (Wonder if it needs to be Fugue State Parse?)

NyxFSSD

MindWanderer wrote:

The current theory is that Benchmark needs to defeat either a certain number of villains, or one or more specific villains, himself.  It's tough since Vengance games go so quickly and he needs so much setup time.What do we know about the second game?  Baron Blade in Megalopolis seems very specific and I don't know what it might be based on.

It might not have to be Blade in Megalopolis. I mainly just did that because of potential RevoCorp connections and got the unlock, so I'm guessing that was just mimicked to reduce variables. It'll be hard to tell until we can get others who get the prerequisite *and* play the second game elsewhere, though.

Pages