The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Super Sentai Idealist Unlock Discussion

262 posts / 0 new
Last post
Velvetisis
Playtester

I posted this on steam, but I figure I'll cover my bases.

Two things: Form the body before the head brings to mind the line from Voltron "And I'll form the head!" so looking at the Voltron assembly it goes "form feet and legs" - Yellow Lion, Blue Lion change shape "Form Arms and Body" Red Lion, Green Lion, attach to body, Blue Lion, Yellow Lion attach to Body, "And I'll form the head!" Black Lion shows the human head. Might be a clue for a specific order of actions?

Can anyone post any and all text on the mission card? And or theories on who would be which lion?

Edit: Found the text.

At the end of your turn, each player may reveal the top card of their deck. They may discard or draw that card. If H cards are discarded this way, flip this card.

Art: Closeups of Tempest, Idealist, Visionary, Argent Adept, and Captain Cosmic posing in a Super-Sentai-style 5-in-1 image;

Flavor-text: "Ready?" The young shard-bearer asks. Your companions nod. Your planning has led to this moment. "Let's do it! Come on, Mecha-Knight!" Summon your strength, heroes. This will take all your might.

Maybe the body before the head indicates order of winning the mission.  First each character has to discard a card somehow?  Maybe with Visionary's base power?

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Glad you said that, because my first thought was using Unity somehow, and that would've been a wild goose chase.

That said, getting the mecha mission just requires discarding cards from the top of hero decks. <.< If we're sticking with that team, I suppose using Dark Dynamics to discard the top card of hero decks (and play non-hero cards?) could have something to do with it...

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Or we're over thinking it, and it's something to do with playing Karate Robot, and THEN Giant Floaty Head

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

McBehrer wrote:

Or we're over thinking it, and it's something to do with playing Karate Robot, and THEN Giant Floaty Head

i hate you because you thought of this before I did. Jealousy intensifies.

i really don’t hate you.

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

TheRebelYell

I just did a game where I played the mecha knight team against choke point in the tribunal and loaded a mecha knight- bored now- giant floaty head. No Unlock. Maybe they both needed to be in play ? Gonna keep trying but I'm quickly stumping myself again even with hints and new ideas. 

Log

https://pastebin.com/ijxJtraK

Mark Adler

Velvetisis
Playtester

I looked at the wiki and while there isn't art on the idealist page for Super Sentai, there is text that pops up and shows her base power:

Form the Head: - Move a Concept from in Play and any cards under it to under this card. The Idealist deals 1 Target X Energy damage, where X = the number of cards under this card. Destroy a card under this card.

So if that's forming the head, maybe we just need to focus on forming the body ... whatever that entails.

TheRebelYell

Aaaaannnd nothing

Log

https://pastebin.com/QidQUL3b

Mark Adler

JohnduBois

Velvetisis wrote:

Two things: Form the body before the head brings to mind the line from Voltron "And I'll form the head!" so looking at the Voltron assembly it goes "form feet and legs" - Yellow Lion, Blue Lion change shape "Form Arms and Body" Red Lion, Green Lion, attach to body, Blue Lion, Yellow Lion attach to Body, "And I'll form the head!" Black Lion shows the human head. Might be a clue for a specific order of actions?

Can anyone post any and all text on the mission card? And or theories on who would be which lion?

At the end of your turn, each player may reveal the top card of their deck. They may discard or draw that card. If H cards are discarded this way, flip this card.

Art: Closeups of Tempest, Idealist, Visionary, Argent Adept, and Captain Cosmic posing in a Super-Sentai-style 5-in-1 image;

Flavor-text: "Ready?" The young shard-bearer asks. Your companions nod. Your planning has led to this moment. "Let's do it! Come on, Mecha-Knight!" Summon your strength, heroes. This will take all your might.

Maybe the body before the head indicates order of winning the mission.  First each character has to discard a card somehow?  Maybe with Visionary's base power?

This mission text is exactly the same as the Perform text on Inventive Preparation. The cards are being discarded from the decks, not hands.

Award-winning podcast listener

Escher

I don't think that hint does much more than confirm that we were on the right track originally with trying to recreate the Mecha Knight team construction project.

For what it's worth, MigrantP pointed out in the stream yesterday that all previous Weekly One-Shots that were unlock hints had randomized start, so the fact that the Chokepoint/Tribunal one didn't suggests that it's not a hint at all and can be safely ignored.

Edit: Over in the Steam thread, MigrantP outright said there has been no hint for this game other than what he gave at the end of the stream, which was the "you must form the body" thing.

bishop083

Velvetisis wrote:

This is helpful, but can someone please confirm the exact order/positions each person has on that card? Also, can we confirm that the variants everyone is in? Pretty sure it was dark conductor argent, requiem cosmic, visionary unleashed, and prime wardens tempest, but that is running from memory. It kind of feels like it might be important.

As an added thought, is it possible that “forming the body” has any connection to cosmic and his energy armor?

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

It's Dark Conductor AA in the lower left, Tempest (impossible to say which variant) in the upper left, VG Idealist in the top center, Visionary Unleashed in the top right, and Requital CC in the lower right.  Tempest is probably PW since it seems to be everyone's "final" variant here (and we know he busts out the sword shortly thereafter).

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

That's the ting, not everybody has access to OblivAeon yet, including the digital version. :/

How would one 'naturally' come across that particular bit of info right now if all they had was the digital game?

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

What if it just means Idealist has to go last in turn order? Maybe each character has to have a certain card in play before Robot comes out?

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

-- Trajector

Velvetisis
Playtester

I tried a few things with the Mecha-Knight team in their variants.

1) Play cards featuring animals (since the mecha-knight is a play off Voltron the the Power Rangers forming the body would consist of animals coming together).  These were Aquatic Correspondence from Tempest (eel), Vernal Sonata from AA (dog), Augmented Ally from CC (Hippo), and Suggestion from Visionary (Bugbear?).  Then play Floating Cat Head and use it's power.  This did not work.

2) then I tried playing cards with teams on them.  Cleansing Downpour from Tempest, Rhapsode of Vigor and/or Silver Shadow from AA, Unflagging Animation from CC and Mass Levitation from Visionary, then Floating Cat Head and used it's power.  This did not work either.

TheRebelYell

Welp I just played a sloooogggg of a game with the mecha knight team. Tried to have everyone get 5 ongoings in play and have an even number of cards under all constructs. No Unlock :(

Log

https://pastebin.com/KcDJe6XF

Mark Adler

Bp3500

Hi GTG forums, first time posting because I wanted to try getting in on the creative processes of unlocking stuff.

I haven't been doing any testing myself, but I wanted to try and throw out some ideas to maybe help with getting the creative juices flowing for other people as well, as I myself have been puzzling over the concepts and clues for the better part of today.

I can't help but feel that the Mecha-Knight team as depicted in the mission card I cannot view is important- and as such, I feel that for this unlock, the order in which the team is arranged is important, with Idealist either in front, or in my opinion more likely, in the very last position.

So I've come up with a few ideas as to how this could work. If we must first "form the body," then I feel it is a reasonable conclusion that at its simplest, "the idealist must be the target of one or more effects from each hero target, then do X" X being something I am unsure of, which I will provide a theory about a little later.

This is my idea at its simplest- something like cleansing downpour from tempest, a construct from cosmic, some effect from visionary, mass levitation or twist the ether, perhaps? and any beneficial effect from argent adept. But is it that simple? It could be, but I have other ideas.

Going with the theme of a replication of the mission card, it could be "arrange these 5 in the correct order and cause them to discard cards from the top of their deck in a specific order," or "then idealist does X." Or much more complicatedly, a certain set of cards might be needed before Idealist does X. And I have an idea where to start with this.

In Letters Page 46, Captain Cosmic and Infinitor which I was just listening to before getting inspired to start getting my ideas out here, Adam and Christopher are addressing situations in which he blends his own energy and the energy he attained from the death of Infinitor, and Adam drops a very quick, passing mention of Cosmic "Helping Idealist with a Project", Christopher following up with "He also makes a very big sword." [Edit: Timestamp is 1:20:43] This, I feel, could be extrapolated to give the assumption that as a part of my proposed sequence, Cosmic has to use the Cosmic Weapon card on Idealist. 

Now, what do I think X is? I have 2 ideas. Either Idealist defeats the enemy with the Karate Robot concept, or activates Floating Head when it has 4 or 5 cards underneath it. The former could also require specifically 4 or 5 fragments underneath, as it could be representative of the completed mecha-knight being made up of 5 parts, or 4 parts from other cards.

Minor but very related tangent, I've also come up with another idea for the unlock that instead has nothing to do with using the mecha-knight team but instead involves a reference to her power. The wiki states that SSVG Idealists's power, "Form the Head"'s mechanic is "Move a Concept from in Play and any cards under it to under this card. The Idealist deals 1 Target X Energy damage, where X = the number of cards under this card. Destroy a card under this card." Replicating this idea might also be a key to unlocking the variant- VG Idealist could also have to be given from 4 other allies that can ongoing cards that move next to her hero card, to simulate the idea of SSVG idealist's power pulling cards under her hero card. For the record, I'm fixated on the numbers 4 and 5, and individual allies and not, say, slapping a million constructs from cosmic on her, because that's not the "point" of the Giant Robot Sentai stuff; the whole team contributes to form the giant robot. 

I'm sorry if this leakage of several hours of me puzzling is either ultimately pointless or considered unwanted or a waste of precious screen-space real-estate, but I'm at least happy to try providing my thoughts on the matter.

NyxFSSD

Usually more of a poster on Steam and a lurker here, but here's a copy/paste from my post on Steam.

" https://puu.sh/BQFJc/cc778d60bf.png https://pastebin.com/htPAA9LK Partial log since I was in and out of the game all night. Based on Migrant's hint (form the body, then form the head), I threw all of the constructs out, got something under them each, then started siphoning cards into the first Karate Robot. Used Bored Now when it had 30 cards under it (because overkill is best kill), got the unlock once everything was returned to my hand. "

Reverend Pete

What if “forming the body” means getting at least one of each fragment under a Karate Robot and then using Bored Now on it?

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

I can confirm there is more to it than get 30 cards under Karate Robot and all other concepts in play and then use Bored Now on Katate Robot.

FearLord

Dandolo wrote:

I can confirm there is more to it than get 30 cards under Karate Robot and all other concepts in play and then use Bored Now on Katate Robot.

I had all concepts in play, at least 1 card under each at one point and at least 20 under a Karate Robot (including at least 1 of each type of Fragment) and played Bored now - no unlock...

Velvetisis
Playtester

Faiure.  I put every card I could under her - total of 37.  Only things that weren't were 1 bored now and her tiara.  Went 38 rounds (thought maybe it was as many rounds as cards under karate robot with a minimum of 30 or something)

https://pastebin.com/bHAuG3Aw

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

It's also not have all concepts in play with at least 1 card under it at once, later play Bored Now to return 30 cards to your hand from under a Karate Robot.

waedens
Playtester

Ha! Just did that too and you beat me to the post.

JohnduBois

NyxFSSD wrote:

Usually more of a poster on Steam and a lurker here, but here's a copy/paste from my post on Steam.

" https://puu.sh/BQFJc/cc778d60bf.png https://pastebin.com/htPAA9LK Partial log since I was in and out of the game all night. Based on Migrant's hint (form the body, then form the head), I threw all of the constructs out, got something under them each, then started siphoning cards into the first Karate Robot. Used Bored Now when it had 30 cards under it (because overkill is best kill), got the unlock once everything was returned to my hand. "

I can't tell from your screenshot, did you have Monster of Id or Focusing Tiara in play? And did any Concepts have cards under them after Bored Now went off?

NyxFSSD

Monster of Id entered play during Bored Now (it was stored under the Karate Robot that I used Bored Now on, so it returned to my hand to immediately be played). Tiara was in play. No other concepts had cards under them.

NyxFSSD
JohnduBois

Well, I had a theory that getting Monster of Id into play via Bore Now might be the condition

It wasn't, at least not with 17 cards under Karate Robot when I did it.

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

JohnduBois wrote:

Well, I had a theory that getting Monster of Id into play via Bore Now might be the condition

It wasn't, at least not with 17 cards under Karate Robot when I did it.

Yeah, tried that with 31 cards no unlock.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Has ANYONE unlocked it yet?

-- Trajector

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

McBehrer wrote:

Has ANYONE unlocked it yet?

Yep

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

bolnerap

Yeah, Nyx and I both have it, and there's at least one other person on Discord who got it as well.

So far all I can see is that a relatively large Bored Now is the final trigger, but what leads up to it is kind of a mystery. I know in my game, the big Bored Now didn't work until (a) the game had gone on long enough for Gloomweaver to shuffle his deck, and (b) I had used the powers on each of the other Concepts at least once each. At Nyx's suggestion, I also tried putting two cards under each Concept (other than Id) - I don't know if that actually made a difference or not, but it helped me clean up environment targets.

My strategy for stalling the game was "Legacy vs. Gloomweaver in MDP, come at me, bro". My third hero was Omni-X, who kept us fully healed from environment splash damage.

Here's my screenshot

UXM266
UXM266's picture

Unlocked it!

I used every power at least once. Used BORED now when there was fragments under any concepts except for one karate robot. I used HEAD, then KNIVES, then KARATE ROBOT. Monster of ID ended up under Robot. Every time I had used BORED NOW. I thing happened. Only once I had ONE concept with fragments under it did it work.

I returned 30 fragments to my hand.

no log since iPad, but imugr link https://imgur.com/gallery/tLRde9A

Entchen

I played with Nyx's setup (F6 Tachyon, F5 Legacy, Dr. Medico, and Idealist v. Ambuscade in Temple of Zhu Long).  I put every concept into play, each with 3 cards under it.  I then got every card other than one tiara and one strained superego (both in play) and one bored now (in my hand) under a karate robot, then played the bored now and got 36 cards back.  It took forever.  No unlock.

I definitely used GFH at least once (to get Monster of Id into my trash, so I could tiara it under Karate Robot), but I don't think I ever used FSK.  So if the condition requires Monster of Id to be in play when using the Bored Now or all powers to be used as some point, I would have failed on either of those counts.

No log because I have no idea how to find it on a mac.  

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Maybe Id just has to have been in play, then use Bored Now to throw the Karate Robot for the final hit?

-- Trajector

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Failed doing that, but unlocked Writhe.

I used every power in her deck, and finished Chairman off with a Bored Now. Didn't work. I'm a bit stumped, tbh.

-- Trajector

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Another failure at Idealist and Writhe. I had all concepts in play except ID with 2+ cards under each, then consolidated down to 20 cards under Stabby Knives and no cards under other concepts and playing bored now.

UXM266
UXM266's picture

Tried to unlock Writhe and Idealist same game.

Idealist was unlocked.

Writhe wasn't unlocked.

FF Legacy, Writhe, Idealist, Tempest, PW AA against Ambuscade in Freedom Tower.

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/Yd3mKSBR

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/M5Xc6LQ

FallenPrime826
FallenPrime826's picture

I haven't taken a real swing at Idealist yet, but I have a theory based on the setups used in the three logged unlocks here.

Form the Mecha-Knight is definitely a collaborative effort flavor-wise. Common threads seem to be trickle-feeding cards from other Concepts into Mecha-Knight until it's the only loaded Concept, unloading it with a massive Bored Now, and Monster of Id popping up underneath it to be auto-played...and I'm noticing the heroes and/or environments Idealist is playing with are partly support-based and allow her to take extra actions. F5 Legacy, Temple of Zhu Long, and PW Argent Adept are REALLY good extra-play engines. Maybe a certain number of Fragments need to be put under Karate Robot (or a Concept in general) outside of Idealist's turn? That might be straw-grasping, but it seems thematically appropriate that she can't pull this stunt off alone.

If not that, maybe just a certain number of cards need to be moved from other Concepts to Karate Robot throughout the game. Or maybe both, who can tell at this point.

Escher

Okay, I'm forming a theory.  Based on Nyx getting it with only 15 cards under the concept, I think it may be

Idealist must first have all her Concepts in play with two Fragments under each, then have 12 fragments under a single Concept with no fragments under any other concept, and return all the Fragments to her hand using Bored Now.

For what it's worth, the unlock happens as soon as the fragments return to your hand, before damage is dealt or the concept is destroyed.

TheRebelYell

Got a double unock. No contributions for idealist. Got writhe too but I'll put my observations about him in his post.

Mark Adler

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Got a double fail for Writhe and Idealist, but take it with a grain of salt since I was playing with both variants (they got unlocked due to a short-lived bug).  Might need their default versions to unlock the variants.

Edit:  I did also try it while all concepts were out and 15 cards were under Karate Bot, and no unlock of course.

Attachment(s): 

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Entchen

Entchen wrote:

I played with Nyx's setup (F6 Tachyon, F5 Legacy, Dr. Medico, and Idealist v. Ambuscade in Temple of Zhu Long).  I put every concept into play, each with 3 cards under it.  I then got every card other than one tiara and one strained superego (both in play) and one bored now (in my hand) under a karate robot, then played the bored now and got 36 cards back.  It took forever.  No unlock.

I definitely used GFH at least once (to get Monster of Id into my trash, so I could tiara it under Karate Robot), but I don't think I ever used FSK.  So if the condition requires Monster of Id to be in play when using the Bored Now or all powers to be used as some point, I would have failed on either of those counts.

No log because I have no idea how to find it on a mac.  

Got it this time.  Someone in the discord suggested having the other concepts out at the time Bored Now is used, so I did that.  Earlier in the game, they'd each had 3 cards under them.  I also made sure to use every one of her powers earlier in the game.  Also, if it's relevant, I used Bored Now two other times during the game, to empty out Monster of Id.  I also used Strained Superego to get Monster of Id into the trash the turn before I did the unlock.  Then had F5 Tachyon cause Idealist to draw a card.  Deck was empty, Monster of Id was the only thing in the trash, so Idealist reshuffled, draw Monster of Id, and it played itself, so I was able to have it in play but with 0 cards under it at the time of my play phase.

No log but immediately before and immediately after.

FallenPrime826
FallenPrime826's picture

Just unlocked her. Every Concept out, three cards minimum under each before the consolidation started (though we've already seen it can be as few as two), 30 cards total piled under Monster of Id, popped it with Bored Now, unlock screen the moment the last card hit my hand.

Setup was F5 Legacy, TLT, PW AA, Idealist, and Omni-X vs. Ambuscade at Temple of Zhu Long. I quickly learned from looking at Steam that I was way off base with the extra-play requirement, but it sure made it a quicker process to converge all her cards towards the one Concept.

I think we have a good general feel for how it works now, but in order to narrow it down to the specifics, I want to pose a question to everyone else who unlocked her. Did anyone do this without every Concept in play? (We'll count bounce-back autoplayed Monster of Id as being in play by the time Bored Now resolves.)

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

I was right then? Bored Now is the key?

Now I guess it's just filing down how many you need...

-- Trajector

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Well, I just did:

One of each Concept in play. 2 fragments under each.

Put 30 under the Robot, realized my mistake, and put 36 under Id. 

Used Bored Now with all but 3 possible cards under it.

No unlock.

Something is definitely missing here...

-- Trajector

waedens
Playtester

I got it in a long random game so I am out of the testing. I thought that I would summarise what we know.

Known 

1. Bored now blowing up a concept with at least 15 cards under it seems to be the trigger.

2. No other concepts can have fragments when the trigger goes off.

3 Concepts can be destroyed as long as they are all in play at the time of the trigger.

4. It doesn't matter which concept is used for the trigger (not sure this is verified for ID)

Suspected 

1 All concepts must be in play (including ID) and have 2 cards under them at some point.(Maybe at the same time).

2. Powers on all concepts must be ised  at leadt once..

Unknown

1 Do the Tiara and/or Super ego need to be in play?

2 Is there a specific combination of cards that must be under the trigger concept when it is blown up (one of each)?

UXM266
UXM266's picture

With my unlocks, here's what i did.

I put knives added 2, then ehad added 2, then added to the robot last. 

Escher

Big twist from Haribo over on the Steam board: Bored Now is not required.  He got the unlock by using a giant robot punch.

I'm thinking there's three requirements:

In a game with Void Guard Idealist,

1) Have all 6 ongoing concept cards in play with two cards (fragments?) under each.

2) Then, use Superego to move a card from under one concept to another at least 10 times. (Not sure about this one, I'm guessing)

3) Then, remove at least 12 cards from under a concept at once, leaving no cards under any concepts.

Tyrsis
Playtester

Got a double unlock trying similar to the above. At once point had all concepts in play with 2+ cards under them. Used each power at least once. Had no cards under any concept after. Superego only moved 8 cards based on my log though. 

Attachment(s): 
Missingno
Missingno's picture

So uh, I got it by blowing up Monster of Id with all the fragments (and a tiara) using Argent Adept instead of anything the Idealist had. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1549690630

https://pastebin.com/Y4MutH4D

I'll put things in here later.

Pages