The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Super Sentai Idealist Unlock Discussion

262 posts / 0 new
Last post
McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester
Super Sentai Idealist Unlock Discussion

Welp, it's that time again, everyone! Time to figure out how to unlock Super Sentai Idealist! 

It's been a while since we've had an unlock to discuss. It's nice to get back into it.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I'm still all about shouting "Henshin!" <.< It's gotta work eventually...

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

Have all her Constructs out?

Have all her Constructs out and charged with cards under them??

Destroy a construct with Giant Floaty Head to replicate the new base power?

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

Roger the Alien

pwatson1974 wrote:

Captain Cosmic has constructs. 

Idealist has concepts and puts fragments under them. 

The Mariner
The Mariner's picture

I’m thinking it has something to do with the four other heroes from the [Spoilers I Guess?] Voltron mission card in OblivAeon [\spoilers].  And probably dealing a lot of damage.  Or using both karate robots in one turn.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Roger the Alien wrote:

pwatson1974 wrote:

Captain Cosmic has constructs. 

Idealist has concepts and puts fragments under them. 

Even with the wrong word you knew what he meant.   Just a mistype.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Basketkeep
Basketkeep's picture

The Mariner wrote:

I’m thinking it has something to do with the four other heroes from the [Spoilers I Guess?] Voltron mission card in OblivAeon [\spoilers].  And probably dealing a lot of damage.  Or using both karate robots in one turn.

I thought we might need to play with the other four heroes (Captain Cosmic, Tempest, Visionary, Argent Adept), just haven't figured out what to do with them.

I also tried playing all fragments under Karate Robots, but in a game without any of the listed heroes. (Sidenote: Idealist was first in order, and dealt the final blow the villain on a later turn.)

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

I would guess it involves using a big "bored now" attack, as that's pretty evocative of her Sentai power

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

FearLord

Basketkeep wrote:

The Mariner wrote:

I thought we might need to play with the other four heroes (Captain Cosmic, Tempest, Visionary, Argent Adept), just haven't figured out what to do with them.

I also tried playing all fragments under Karate Robots, but in a game without any of the listed heroes. (Sidenote: Idealist was first in order, and dealt the final blow the villain on a later turn.)

Yes, I was also theorising about playing with those other 4 heroes as well - presumably with Idealist in the lead position?

Studoku

Apparently it isn't getting the final blow with a Karate Robot made out of Shinobi Assassins.

Which is a shame, because it's a karate robot made of ninjas.

Blackfang108
Playtester

Could this be a multi-step unlock using the Sentinels or the Adamant Sentinels?

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Here's the Steam discussion: https://steamcommunity.com/app/337150/discussions/0/1732090362038263694/

Usually they're really good about immediately checking the Windows registry to see if there's a prereq game.  They haven't said anything about it either way so far.  I don't play on Windows so I can't check.  Of course, there's always the possibility that MigrantP got fed up with our hackery and hid the prereq trigger more carefully this time.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Missingno
Missingno's picture

Has anyone have the Monster of Id knock out Idealist?  That might be a condition you might have to do at some point.

I'll put things in here later.

Basketkeep
Basketkeep's picture

I played a game with Idealist, Tempest, Captain Cosmic, Visionary, and Argent Adept versus Baron Blade in Mobile Defense Platform. Idealist had 38 cards under Karate Robot, then hit Baron Blade with it, and destroyed him on the first set of damage. (Also no characters were incapped, and I think they all had 20+ HP.)

No Unlock.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

I'm wondering if there's any way the other heroes can "help" Idealist somehow?  AA and CC have lots of options (including making her activate her Karate Bot).  Visionary could put Twist the Ether on her.  Not sure what Tempest could do other than heal her.

Submit your games here!

ogseamus
ogseamus's picture
Playtester

MindWanderer wrote:

I'm wondering if there's any way the other heroes can "help" Idealist somehow?  AA and CC have lots of options (including making her activate her Karate Bot).  Visionary could put Twist the Ether on her.  Not sure what Tempest could do other than heal her.

Tempest could also let her get some cards back from the discard pile.

Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."

FearLord

In the reward card it clearly looks like Tempest is contributing Lightning so perhaps he needs to have his ongoing lightning plink card in play? Perhaps Visionary needs to use her telekinetic platform power? Captain Cosmic could have to give Idealist a blade? Not quite sure what Argent Adept would need to do...

The Mariner
The Mariner's picture

Argent Adept is in his Dark Conductor form, so maybe he needs to discard the Id with his power?

Basketkeep
Basketkeep's picture

Played a game, where in one round Idealist dealt melee damage, Tempest dealt lightning, Captain Cosmic dealt energy, Visionary dealt physic, and Argent Adept dealt sonic. Also at one point, Idealist dealt all five types of damage in one turn (thanks to Twist the Ether). No Unlock.

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

So, I was trying for the unlock for Idealist. I thought just keeping Monster of Id in play for as long as possible. I went to Temple of Zhu Long, against Ambuscade.

i brought XPW AA, Tempest,  Doctor Medico, and of Idealist. 

I had ID, Superego, and the Tiara our. No other concepts.

She never died. There was much healing. Even with 12 cards and more she also gained enough to get back to full.

Played this game twice

defeated Ambuscade with a bored now, and once with a fragment. 

No unlock either way

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

Studoku

Basketkeep wrote:

Played a game, where in one round Idealist dealt melee damage, Tempest dealt lightning, Captain Cosmic dealt energy, Visionary dealt physic, and Argent Adept dealt sonic. Also at one point, Idealist dealt all five types of damage in one turn (thanks to Twist the Ether). No Unlock.

I tried the same thing, using the card powers of unleashed visionary and xtreme cosmic, aa, and Tempest. That was the final hit too. Also nothing. 

Basketkeep
Basketkeep's picture

Most recent try, with the five heroes (all variants, except Idealist) I went up against Ambuscade in the Temple of Zhu Long. I tried not playing a single fragment, or playing any cards under concepts. No luck.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Tried a game in which the Mecha-Knight team tried to help Idealist in every way possible.  Put every construct on her, let her draw cards, play cards, use powers, healed her (in two different ways), let her recover cards from her trash (in 3 different ways), protected her with Shielding Winds, let her deal every damage type with Twist the Ether.  Never did use Syncopated Onslaught or Counterpoint Bulwark on her, though.  Won with a too-big Karate Bot.  No unlock.

Submit your games here!

The Mariner
The Mariner's picture

What if we're looking at this all wrong?  Maybe all we need to do is get the Idealist thinking about karate robots.  How about Mr. Fixer and Omnitron-X?

wrhyme29
Playtester

I tried playing Idealist, Requiem CC, DC AA, Visionary Unleashed, and PW Tempest against Voss in the Time Cataclysm. I had Idealist deal the final blow to Voss with an I'm Bored on a Monster of Id with 27 cards under it. No unlock.

UXM266
UXM266's picture

Apparently they go to space. Maybe it’s Wagner Mars Base? Has anyone thought of losing? Or having her What about not putting her on the team? 

Sorry I’m not being helpful. But are we getting a hint next week?

waedens
Playtester

Tried a game against Akash with OX, grandpa Legs, Rogue Knyfe and idealist. I setup this way so Idealist could do all the things, and she did. Had a karate robot that did 20 damage per strike. Drew 20 cards with the head. Didn't damage 20 things with the knives, only 7, but I could have. I had everything in play that could be in play at the same time. Blew up the id and brought it back. 

Unfortunately, no unlock. 

JohnduBois

I wonder if there's a sequence of events from multiple heroes this time?

The prerequisite for the giant robot mission seems to closely resemble the Perform ability on Argent Adept's Inventive Preparation. Maybe there's something specific each hero in the giant robot needs to contribute? Cosmic Weapon? 

No idea what from Tempest or Visionary, though.

Award-winning podcast listener

TheRebelYell

I could roll with that idea ^ maybe twist the ether and electrical storm. Energy and binding forces ?

Mark Adler

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

In just experimenting, I tried DC Argent Adept, Requital CC, PW Tempest, Visionary Unleashed, and Idealist (feet, arms, head) vs. Advanced Ennead.  I've actually lost 3 times in a row in progressively easier environments.  It's surprisingly challenging.  Idealist, and Vis Unleashed to a lesser extent, aren't strong against multiple targets, this version of AA isn't the best, PW Tempest isn't strong without extra card draw, and the Ennead has a lot of mass damage that makes CC unhappy.  I just had a rather humiliating loss where the Ennead played The Grave Beckons when AA was down and all my other heroes (and a construct) were at 3 HP or less.

Needless to say, this has not resulted in an unlock.

Submit your games here!

Escher

I'm trying to figure out if it's something like chaining those five together so that they all use a power or all play a card, or both, in the same turn, or maybe use a specific combination of powers and cards.  I tried it with the base version of each, and also with Requital Cosmic, Prime Wardens Tempest, Visionary Unleashed, and Dark Adept.  It didn't work.

Along the way there I had Idealist use Making Things Up to play all her concepts in one turn (including Id via the drawing), put a huge number of cards into play during one turn, and had each hero play a card and use a power within the same turn.  No luck.

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

I think a pre-requisite game could be possible, but maybe go a little further back in the story.

Has anyone tried losing to Chokepoint as the Adamant Sentinels, and then doing all the plays, powers, assists, w/e?

Just thought I'd put the idea out there.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Yeah, that was the first thing I did. Just to be safe, I took the Adamant Sentinels and Void Guard together. I don't play on Windows, though, so I can't check for registry entries.

Submit your games here!

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

You did both teams on seperate ocasions, correct? If this is indeed part of a prerequisite, then I'm gonna guess not having the Void Guard and Adamant Sentinels in the same game is part of it.

Escher

JohnduBois wrote:

The prerequisite for the giant robot mission seems to closely resemble the Perform ability on Argent Adept's Inventive Preparation. Maybe there's something specific each hero in the giant robot needs to contribute? Cosmic Weapon? 

No idea what from Tempest or Visionary, though.

Well... if I had to guess...

Idealist would obviously contribute her karate robot.

Since it's a Mecha-Knight, Captain Cosmic would probably contribute his Cosmic Crest.

If I look at the mission card, there's a crackling lightning effect on the sword-stroke, so Tempest should contribute his Lightning Slash.

Visionary might contribute her Cocoon, which is the most physical object in her deck -- the only other thing I can think of is Mass Levitation.

I'm guessing Argent Adept is just there to pull it all together (i.e. provide powers to use the necessary cards).

Missingno
Missingno's picture

Steam guys already tested losing to chokepoint and didn't even get anything in the registry.

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Missingno wrote:

Steam guys already tested losing to chokepoint and didn't even get anything in the registry.

Ah, alright then. Didn't see anything for it here, so just making sure.

TheRebelYell

Alright kids we've got a hint shot now. Let's get back to work I feel like it's a pre-req hint maybe have the adamant sentinels lose to choke point in the tribunal ? I minted the one shot and jammed out a mecha knight team game against BB in WMB. No Unlock. Here's the log.

https://pastebin.com/5KJFq7DB

Mark Adler

JohnduBois

This week's one-shot is Adamant Sentinels vs Chokepoint in the Celestial Tribunal. May be a prerequisite with the Tribunal being the missing piece?

(Oh, ninja'd)

Award-winning podcast listener

Missingno
Missingno's picture

So Dark Watch Fixer's presense in the one-shot's got me wondering.  What if you need a lot of equipment and ongoeings blown up for this?  It's just a hunch but it's something both Choke and Fixer are good at.

UXM266
UXM266's picture

I thought something similar, except the other way around. Look at the title “Less is More”. Like what if it’s not having much at all instead of blowing stuff up?

The Mariner
The Mariner's picture

Perhaps, never playing a concept but dealing the finishing blow?

Basketkeep
Basketkeep's picture

The Mariner wrote:

Perhaps, never playing a concept but dealing the finishing blow?

I tried playing a game where Idealist didn’t play any concepts, but I’m not sure if she dealt the Final Blow.

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Hmm...

Perhapse winning/losing against Chokepoint after losing all their ongoings/equipment to her? Or maybe never playing them at all?

Velvetisis
Playtester

So I'm looking at the One Shot.  I think part of it may be Chokepoint destroys x number of cards.  They start Legacy and Tempest out with both of their healing powers and some good defence stuff to help survive her flipped form.  Gonna try going for destroy 10 or 15 cards.

Velvetisis
Playtester

This may be a stupid question: does anyone know if it is possible to trigger unlock conditions IN a one shot?  or do they only trigger in the regular game set up?  Doing the one shot where Chokepoint destroyed 11 cards after flipping did not seem to do anything.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Yes, one-shots just load a specific setup and random seed.  You can get both prereqs and unlocks in them.

Submit your games here!

UXM266
UXM266's picture

Hopefully tonight’s stream will be helpful for the unlock

Escher

I've got a few theories... in the Letters Page, they described some of the Void Guard's Adventures In Spaaaaace before they returned to Earth:

• Fight with Chokepoint in the Celestial Tribunal with Captain Cosmic's help
  • Visit to Dok Thorath
  • Captured by the Colosseum.
  • Escaped with the help of Lifeline

So I'm thinking maybe it's not just Chokepoint, maybe there's a whole series of prerequisite games, but the Chokepoint fight needs to be with the Void Guard, not the Sentinels.

Does anyone know how the fight against Chokepoint went? Somebody said 'not well' but I couldn't find a reference in the Letters Page that said so. So maybe the fight is the Void Guard they have to win, or lose, or win with all Void Guard incapacitated (but Captain Cosmic saves the day).  Maybe the have to have Chokepoint steal lots of cards, or only a few (or none?  That'd be rough.)

After that fight, possibly winning a fight at Dok Thorath, and then losing at the Colosseum?  (The lifeline thing isn't possible yet, of course.)

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

New hint on the stream: "Before you can form the head, you must form the body."

I'm... not sure what this means.  The Mecha-knight doesn't seem to have a "body" hero, just arms, legs, and a head.

Submit your games here!

UXM266
UXM266's picture

SPOILER

Check the mission cards in OblivAeon.

Pages