The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Strange Eons

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gnipp
Playtester
Strange Eons

So, I'm guessing someone out there has the abilities to use this nice program to create a SOTM plugin right?

I downloaded the LOTR TCG plugin for it and it was pretty neat.  I could see some fun fan made content with this.

Anyone?

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

Looks like we're talking about this: http://cgjennings.ca/eons/

I downloaded it and poked around a bit (it's java, so works on Macs, which is refreshing).  Looks like it's a program that has templates for game items like cards which lets you customize them using the app's interface.  For example, you could make a new Investigator for the Arkham Horror game, and it has buttons to increase/decrease his stats or change his name/title, all of which updates right on the artwork, which you would then presumably print out.  Seems pretty nice, especially if you don't have access to a program like Photoshop, which should be able to do all the same things this app can do.

I guess if someone were to make a SotM plugin for the app, they'd create templates for the card types and then the app would let you fill in a character or villain's hp and rules, or a card's type ("minion", "device") rules and flavor text.  Could be tough to get satisfactory results without new art for the custom cards.  I suppose you could draw your own or use comic book art found on the Internet.

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

Gnipp
Playtester

Thanks for posting the link.  I "copied" it, but evidently forgot to to "paste" it in my post  >:(

Yes, I would basically imagine one would make templates for the Hero Card(both sides), the Hero Cards, The Villain Card(both sides), The Villain Info Card(both Sides), Villain Cards, and Environment Cards.

This way you would have the layout for the cards, would already have it preset for the Comic Sans(I'm guessing) font and you could then add the information you want.  And yes as for the art I would think you have the internet to draw from.  Or scanning if you are a pen/pencil artist.