The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Station card red icons

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities
Station card red icons

Station cards, on their blue sides, have one of two red icons on them, either a targeting symbol or a kind of a three-pointed ninja star symbol. I haven't been able to figure out what information these icons are trying to give me. It's not that one is for Techs and the other for Boosts (which would have made sense, if true). Does anyone else know what these icons are for?

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

It's a hint at the opposition side. The circle means Opp boost. The star means Opp ship. I think I saw only one card where the symbol is switched due to typo

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

No kidding. Is that mentioned anywhere?

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Spiff wrote:

No kidding. Is that mentioned anywhere?

On page 5, Fig. 7. It points to it saying "Opposition Side Icon." I don't recall seeing it expanded upon in the rulebook though.

DerpTheBugbear
DerpTheBugbear's picture

Foote wrote:

I think I saw only one card where the symbol is switched due to typo

Yup, "Xushin Cannon" has the red ship symbol, but the Opp side is "Fleet Wide Upgrade," a boost.

I've been coming up with a list of typos and possible misprints, and that was one of the first ones I caught.

Koga
Koga's picture
Playtester

Hopefully they can release an errata pack like they did with SotM, though it might not be till the 2nd printing. It's mistakes like this that were easy to miss when looking at proofs as you didn't know what was on the other side unless you looked it up from playtest copies and believe most were looking for spelling/grammar errors or things like symbols missing something but they were only looking at each card, not both together. They tend to list the cards in aplabetical order so you couldn't easily match up what each card's back was unless you were specifically looking for it.

Card Templates
Champions Online: Koga_Wolfe