The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

State of GTG - October 2018

22 posts / 0 new
Last post
Paul
Paul's picture
Admin
State of GTG - October 2018

Hey everyone! We are still in the middle of a lot of chaos here at GTG HQ, but at least we can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Here's some stuff we worked on in the past month:

1. We launched, ran, and funded the Homebrewers Kickstarter!
  2. We laid out and planned the Spirit Island: Jagged Earth Kickstarter (coming on the 16th of October!)
  3. We starting getting in a ton of Spirit Island art.
  4. Maggie and I attend the Alliance Open House in Ft. Wayne, IN.
  5. We did a ton of work on operation "Move To a Bigger Building".
  6. I started running a season of Sentinel Comics: The Roleplaying Game on our Twitch channel.

Here is the status of all of our works in progress.

In Stock Since August
  • Some reprints
Shipping to Backers
  • SotM: OblivAeon
  • SotM: Stuntman, Benchmark, & Void Guard
  • SotM: Complete Hero Variant Collection
  • SotM: Ultimate Collector's Case
  • SotM: 5th Anniversary Foil Villain Collection
  • SotM: Promo Cards
In Transit; On a Boat
  • Spirit Island (even even more)
  • Spirit Island: Branch & Claw reprint
  • Spirit Island: errata pack
At Factory; Pre-Press Work
  • Legends of Sleepy Hollow
Current WIP Focus by GTG
  • Sentinel Comics: The Role Playing Game core rulebook (Christopher, Jenn, Critical Hits)
  • Prime War (Christopher, Chris Burton, Lore Forge)
  • Spirit Island: The Jagged Earth (Paul, Christopher, Jenn, Erik)
  • Sentinels of Freedom video game (Christopher, Adam, Underbite Studio)
  • The History of Sentinel Comics (Christopher, Adam)
  • Fate of the Elder Gods: Agents of Arkham (Chris Kirkman)
  • Homebrewers (Chris Kirkman, Chris Burton, SaRae)
  • Some other games (Chris Kirkman, Chris Burton)
  • A new and improved website (Jenn, Paul, Alex, Joel)
I'll see you next month!

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

So the Spirit Island errata pack... I just started playing Spirit Island, and when I looked up the errata, it looks like there are some mistakes in the 1st and 2nd printings and some different ones in the 4th and 5th (and the Branch & Claw 3rd printing, but I don't have that).  Is there a quick way to figure out which printing I have?  And if it's one of the affected ones, how do we get our hands on the corrections?

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

MindWanderer wrote:
Is there a quick way to figure out which printing I have?
This FAQ answer is your friend! 

You didn't ask, but here is the exact contents of the errata pack.

MindWanderer wrote:
And if it's one of the affected ones, how do we get our hands on the corrections?
This is a Paul question; I expect they'll make an announcement soon.
jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Would it be possible to request that future Spirit Island updates in the status start referring to actual printings instead of, for example, "even even more!" ?  It makes it a little easier when answering questions for folks away from the site.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

dpt wrote:

Looks like that answer is old.  I've heard there's a fifth printing at least, if not a sixth.  Also it seems that the 3rd and 4th printings look the same on the outside, but the 4th contains errors that the 3rd does not.

Submit your games here!

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

MindWanderer wrote:
Looks like that answer is old.  I've heard there's a fifth printing at least, if not a sixth.

I believe all printings from the third on say the printing number on the box; the only reason it isn't updated is that I haven't laid eyes on such a box myself. What does your box say?
TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Ooh, a Fate of the Elder Gods expansion? That's a game I'd like to see more of. :)

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

TakeWalker wrote:
Ooh, a Fate of the Elder Gods expansion? That's a game I'd like to see more of. :)
I think I saw somewhere that the plan is to let one player play the investigators.
Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

dpt wrote:

TakeWalker wrote:

I think I saw somewhere that the plan is to let one player play the investigators.

Yeah, they talked about it at Gen Con during the State of GTG session. 

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Omg Spirit Island Kickstarter is next week?! <starts throwing money at computer> Make it happen, yaaay! :D

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

dpt wrote:

I believe all printings from the third on say the printing number on the box; the only reason it isn't updated is that I haven't laid eyes on such a box myself. What does your box say?

Oops, you're right--it does say Fourth Printing.  I didn't have the box in front of me and I'm not used to publishers making it easy on us.  Guess I will need that errata pack.

Submit your games here!

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Looks like Christopher needs a clone and Adam is getting plenty of sleep. ;)

Infinite Jester 23

Is there any update regarding when the Sentinels RPG Kickstater will be going? Just want to make sure I definitely don't miss it!

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Pretty sure it's January some time - I've seen that somewhere very recently, either around here or on the Discord (or possibly both)...

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Infinite Jester 23 wrote:

Is there any update regarding when the Sentinels RPG Kickstater will be going? Just want to make sure I definitely don't miss it!

It's in January of next year, I believe. You've got some time to get ready for it.

morph147

Kinda wish I knew what the contents of this kickstarter for spirit island was already and the costs. I need to know so I know how much to beg my wife to let me order.

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

carnilius
Playtester

morph147 wrote:

Kinda wish I knew what the contents of this kickstarter for spirit island was already and the costs. I need to know so I know how much to beg my wife to let me order.

Beg your wife for a thousand dollars, and spend whatever's left on more board games. :-D

ThePhantom

dpt wrote:

MindWanderer wrote:

Is there a quick way to figure out which printing I have?

You didn't ask, but here is the exact contents of the errata pack.

MindWanderer wrote:

And if it's one of the affected ones, how do we get our hands on the corrections?

This is a Paul question; I expect they'll make an announcement soon.

Does this mean that if I have the first printing, I'm in the clear as far as the errata pack go? The errors were only introduced in later printings?

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

That's correct. First and second printings are in the clear. The errors crept in as a result of prepping the files for translation.

Mezike
Mezike's picture

Paul (or anyone else who can help) please can you advise on the status of the replacement product sent to Spiral in the UK? They have not been able to dispatch the group buy that I am hosting as they apparently had a shortfall in the initial consignment. They told me several weeks ago that replacement items were en route but there has been no further news so I would be very grateful to have some sort of timeframe around this in order to communicate back to the group buy members. I wouldn't normally chase after deliveries but there is a couple of grand invested by eighteen people here and it's now twelve weeks overdue.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

If you haven’t already I’d suggest filing this out https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdQthXd8-4puJA0ElfzzccGa-f6gSkFErVNByDwneLcaEU-0Q/viewform along with sending an email to and  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

fenchurch

Are the Spirit Island promo spirit packs likely to be available again? The September update said they were in transit on a train, and they're not mentioned in this update. They are showing out of stock at the moment. Did they come in and I've missed them?