The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

State of GTG - October 2017

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
Paul
Paul's picture
Admin
State of GTG - October 2017

Everything is moving along well here at GTG in spite of a few hiccups and annoying developments. Here is a quick summary of things we accomplished in the past month:

1. We finished fulfilling every outstanding Kickstarter except for OblivAeon!
  2. We got the starter kit for Sentinel Comics: The Role Playing Game to the printer!
  3. We planned out all of the Sentinel Comics RPG line of books and story!
  4. We got Christopher and Adam 2 more 4'x6' whiteboards for a total of 4 (this is related to #3)
  5. We set up the Inventory Management System in the warehouse!
  6. We nearly completed work for the Legends of Sleepy Hollow Kickstarter, coming October 17!
  7. Mara and I attended the Alliance Distribution and GTG Distribution business conferences.
  8. We had a bunch of in-depth meetings and progress on the new website!
  9. We began planning for PAX Unplugged in November.

Here is the status of all of our works in progress!

In Stock Since September

1. Bottom of the 9th: Clubhouse
  2. Lazer Ryderz playmats

Shipping to Backers

1. Nothing!

In Transit; On A Boat

1. Spirit Island reprint
  2. Lazer Ryderz reprint
  3. SotM: The Scholar reprint

Completed Mass Production; In China

1. SotM: Stuntman, Benchmark, & Void Guard
  2. SotM: Complete Hero Variant Collection

In Mass Production

1. SotM: Ultimate Collector's Case
  2. SotM: 5th Anniversary Foil Villain Collection
  3. Various SotM expansion reprints
  4. Sentinel Comics: The Role Playing Game: Starter Kit
  5. Spirit Island: Branch & Claw reprint

At Factory; Pre-Press Work

1. SotM: OblivAeon
  2. New Bedford reprint

Current WIP Focus by GTG

1. Sentinel Comics: The Role Playing Game core rulebook (Christopher, Jenn, Critical Hits)
  2. Prime War (Christopher)
  3. Legend of Sleepy Hollow (Chris Kirkman + Jenn)
  4. A new and improved website (Jenn, Paul, Joel, etc)
  5. A cool Sentinel Comics related thing for 2018

I'll see you next month!

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Thanks for the update Paul

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Ooooh, does this mean we'll finally get to see the foil villains stuff soon?

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

dprcooke
dprcooke's picture
Playtester

Thanks for the update!  Always enjoy reading these, and it's good to know that things are coming along smiley

Re: item #5 on your WIP... it seems to be neither the Prime War nor the RPG, so something new?  Are you going to give us any hints at the moment or would that be telling?

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Christopher's teased at times the concept of a compendium that goes into detail about the history of the Sentinel Comics Publishing Universe specifically; maybe it's related to that somehow?

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Can someone clarify what "pre-press work" means?  OblivAeon was at that phase last month, too.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@dprcooke

That would be telling :) I'll update that entry to the actual thing once the actual thing is public.

@Jeysie

We are working on that! It is one part of the massive RPG project.

@MindWanderer

It means that the factory has the bulk of the files and is working on laying them out and getting ready to print. We are still going back and forth on proofs and making sure that everything works / is getting made the way we want. Generally for more complex things (like OblivAeon, the giant box, and Spirit Island, etc.) this process takes a long time, especially the first time they are printed, whereas printing a mini-expansion (even if it is new) is something that we have down pat. Books (for the RPG, etc) are currently time consuming in this phase, but I suspect will become quite quick as we get more experience.

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Thanks, Paul!  I thought OblivAeon was just cards and a couple of booklets, which doesn't seem like it would be complicated, but I guess I'll see what's so weird about it soon.  Hope it's worth it, as it seems like OblivAeon is falling behind the Collector's Box in the timeframe now (which would frustrating, given that Christopher deliberately took extra QA time on OblivAeon with the understanding that it would have to wait for the box anyway).

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

As I understood it, the box was acclerated on the timetable because printing and assembling them would take a lot longer than printing and assembling the OblivAeon sets, which are primarily cards (as opposed to lots of boxes and drawers and pull ribbons and wraparound art). I don't think it's falling behind yet.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

So, um, are you going to be at Essen? I just saw that Fate of the Elder Gods was added to the Essen preview, with a booth location.

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

Woohoo on updates that move the schedule.

I'm really excited, but I'm not sure what to say that actually adds to the conversation.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

I'm still excited about the foil villains being in the production stage. New artwork, gimme. :D

Powerhound_2000

Jeysie wrote:

I'm still excited about the foil villains being in the production stage. New artwork, gimme. :D

Keep in mind it would only be new artwork for Vengeance/VotM villains.  The main solo villains will have the same artwork as the current Oversized villains pack.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Are you sure? In the pic on the store page for the preorder, the artwork for Iron Legacy looks very different from the existing Iron Legacy artwork.

(Unless you're saying the Oversized Villains Pack already has different artwork from the normal cards, to which I say, I play digitally, so it'll still all be new to me!)

Powerhound_2000

The current Oversized Pack for sale has new artwork for the solo villains not in the video game currently.  So if you haven't seen those then it would be new artwork for you. 

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Yeah, I haven't seen those, so I'm still getting a big bonus (since I preordered the foil villain DLC yonks ago).

I'm really excited about the new arts for the Team villains too, I want to see what new takes Adam had for everyone and what new story bits we get on the incaps.

dprcooke
dprcooke's picture
Playtester

@Paul

One more question for you if I may: what's the estimated arrival date for the RPG Starter Kit?

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

dprcooke wrote:

@PaulOne more question for you if I may: what's the estimated arrival date for the RPG Starter Kit?

Seconed. My game store is a mite confused when it's coming in as well...

dprcooke
dprcooke's picture
Playtester

Phantom5613 wrote:

dprcooke wrote:

@PaulOne more question for you if I may: what's the estimated arrival date for the RPG Starter Kit?

Seconed. My game store is a mite confused when it's coming in as well...

Paul did answer this question on the OblivAeon KS comments page.  December is apparently the estimate.

GreaterThanGames wrote:
The RPG Starter Kit is at the printer! It is a new printer, so I'm not sure the exact turnaround time, but I anticipate Dec being roughly accurate still. ~Paul

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

My current guestimate about the RPG Starter Kit is December! I'll keep you updated every month until it arrives.

I will be at Essen! GTG does not have a booth, but I'll be there having meetings, along with Mara and Jenn. If anyone wants to meet up and play Spirit Island in the middle of the night, let me know. That was a fun highlight of my Gen Con :)