The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

State of GTG - March 2019

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Paul
Paul's picture
Admin
State of GTG - March 2019

An on time State of GTG post! Unprecedented in 2019! Things are going very well as we gear up for the summer/fall convention and release season. We've also ironed out a number of internal processes that will really help us going forward. Here's some stuff we did:

1. Funded and concluded the Kickstarter for the Sentinel Comics RPG!
  2. Seriously, we unlocked so many books! Wow!
  3. Created a production schedule for the next three years; that's right, we know roughly what we'll be working on every month through 2021.
  4. Commissioned writing for all of the unlocked SC:RPG books.
  5. Moved most of the core SC:RPG rulebook chapters into final editing.
  6. Met with the creators of Medium, a very fun party game we'll be publishing this year.
  7. Commissioned a ton of Jagged Earth art and began layout on the bulk of the expansion.
  8. Organized our warehouse and got caught up on freight orders for the first time since May.

Here is the status of all of our works in progress.

In Stock Since mid-January

• Bottom of the 9th reprint
  • Spirit Island (7th printing)
  • Spirit Island: Branch & Claw reprint
  • SotM: Omnitron-IV reprint

Shipping to Backers

• Nothing

In Transit; On a Boat

• Villains of the Multiverse reprint
  • Spirit Island: Promo Spirit Pack 1 reprint

At Factory; Pre-Press Work

• Legends of Sleepy Hollow
  • Homebrewers
  • Microbrewers

Current WIP Focus by GTG

• Sentinel Comics: The Role Playing Game core rulebook (Christopher, Jenn, Critical Hits)
  • Prime War (Christopher, Chris Burton, Lore Forge)
  • Spirit Island: The Jagged Earth (Paul, Christopher, Jenn, Erik)
  • Sentinels of Freedom video game (Christopher, Adam, Underbite Studio)
  • The History of Sentinel Comics (Christopher, Adam)
  • Medium (Jenn, Chris Burton, Christopher)
  • Untitled Cheapass Games Project (Jenn, Chris Burton, James Ernest)
  • Milkman (Chris Kirkman, Chris Burton)
  • Fate of the Elder Gods: Agents of Arkham (Chris Kirkman)
  • Some other games (Chris Kirkman, Chris Burton)
  • A new and improved website (Jenn, Paul, Alex, Joel)

I'll see you next month!

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

What about the Spirit Island errata pack? Is that coming back in stock with the Promo Pack 1 reprint?

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@dpt

No, that will not be back in stock at the same time. We may have it available again in the summer, but we have already sold as many copies of the errata pack as we sold of editions of the game that require it, so some people definitely picked it up unnecessarilly.

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Thanks for the update 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

I don't suppose you're still looking for freelancers on all those books...?

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@PlatinumWarlock

We are definitely looking for freelance artists! The freelance writer portion of the project is solidly in Christopher's wheelhouse, and I'm not sure of his current status except to say that all of the currently unlocked books currently have a main writing team in place.

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

I can't draw to save my life, but perhaps another forumite might put in for it. 

That said, if there's a need for writers at any point, I'd certainly *make* myself available. 

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Yay, updates!

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Ugh, I had been waiting for the SI Errata Pack and never noticed that it had become available (and promptly disappeared, apparently).  I definitely have a 4th/5th edition printing, which I didn't noticed until I tried a game with "Shadow's Flicker Like Flame."  Looks like Dissolve the Bonds of Kinship is the only substantial error, though.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Eric R
Game DesignerPlaytester

Paul wrote:

@dpt

No, that will not be back in stock at the same time. We may have it available again in the summer, but we have already sold as many copies of the errata pack as we sold of editions of the game that require it, so some people definitely picked it up unnecessarilly.

I suspect that may be in large part because 6th printing says "5th printing" on the back - I'd be very surprised if there weren't a fair number of people who ordered it in good faith but didn't actually need it.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

That's our suspicion as well. We'll have another wave of them in the late summer.