The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

State of GTG - March 2018

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
Paul
Paul's picture
Admin
State of GTG - March 2018

First off, I would like to apologize for missing February! I've been so busy that it completely slipped my mind, and I only realized that I had missed it last week. It is defnitely my intention and plan to do these every month, and I hope to avoid any more missed months this year. Anyhow! Here are the projects that we've been up to in the past two months!

1. We approved the OblivAeon proofs.
  2. We sent over the pre-packing list for OblivAeon to the factory so that the ship out goes faster.
  3. We launched a Patreon to (hopefully) let us keep recording and releasing episodes of The Letters Page indefinitely!
  4. Alex fixed another set of bugs and inefficiencies with the web store.
  5. We started having Gen Con meetings. So, so many Gen Con meetings.
  6. We completed huge sections of the Core Rulebook for Sentinel Comics: The Roleplaying Game.
  7. Christopher and Adam moved all of the sticky notes from their office to another, larger room. They then covered every wall and table in that room with sticky notes, and then removed them all.
  8. Craig and Maggie attended and ran our booth at PAX South.
  9. Mara attended New York Toy Fair.
  10. Matt and Jodie filled our warehouse to 150% capacity, but then got it down to 105%.
  11. Matt and Jodie devised an algorithm to determine the number of pallet bays they could reasonably construct in a room of arbitrary dimensions with support pillars of various sizes spaced at various intervals.
  12. Christopher, Jodie, Matt, and I walked through the majority of the giant old warehouses currently for sale in the City of St. Louis.

Here is the status of all of our works in progress! Some of the production hasn't moved along as much as you might expect because all of the factories in China were closed for the month of February for the CNY.

In Stock Since January

1. Spirit Island reprint (yes, another one)
  2. Spirit Island: Branch & Claw reprint
  3. Various SotM expansion reprints
  4. Bottom of the 9th reprint
  5. Compounded reprint
  6. Compounded: Geiger reprint

Shipping to Backers

1. Nothing!

In Transit; On A Boat

1. Nothing!

Completed Mass Production; In China

1. SotM: Stuntman, Benchmark, & Void Guard
  2. SotM: Complete Hero Variant Collection
  3. SotM: Ultimate Collector's Case

In Mass Production

1. SotM: 5th Anniversary Foil Villain Collection
  2. Spirit Island (even more)
  3. Spirit Island: Branch & Claw reprint
  4. Spirit Island: Promo Spirit Pack reprint
  5. SotM: OblivAeon
  6. The giant OblivAeon KS shipping cartons.
  7. New Bedford reprint
  8. SotM: Core Game reprint
  9. SotM: Shattered Timelines & Wrath of the Cosmos reprint
  10. Various SotM mini-expansion reprints

At Factory; Pre-Press Work

1. Nothing!

Current WIP Focus by GTG

1. Sentinel Comics: The Role Playing Game core rulebook (Christopher, Jenn, Critical Hits)
  2. Prime War (Christopher)
  3. Sentinels of Earth Prime (Christopher)
  4. Legend of Sleepy Hollow (Chris Kirkman + Jenn)
  5. Spirit Island expansion (Paul + Christopher + Jenn)
  6. Sentinels of Freedom video game (Christopher + Adam)
  7. A new and improved website (Jenn, Paul, Joel, etc)
  8. A cool Sentinel Comics related thing for 2018

I'll see you next month!

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Thanks for the post Paul.   For some reason I thought I had read a February post but obviously not.   I hope we hear the cool Sentinels thing sooner rather than later.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@Powerhound

I expect that we'll announce what that is before the middle of the year!

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Cool to see Sentinels of Earth-Prime on there even though it isn't a >G product.  I'll be keeping my eye on updates for that!

So the "cool Sentinel Comics related thing for 2018" isn't the Sentinels of Freedom video game?  If it is, you don't have to be cagey anymore.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Based on Paul’s reply it doesn’t sound like it.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

What's the count on number of printings of Spirit Island now?

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@Dpt

The 4th print run is currently being worked on, and we are shortly going to order a 5th print run to make sure we have copies at Gen Con and immediately after.

@everyone

I have updated that bottom section with a few more WIP items that I forgot to add!

rjc917
rjc917's picture
Playtester

I'm intrigued and excited that the cool Sentinel Comics thing isn't Sentinels of Freedom.  I'm certainly excited for that too, but two cool things are better than one!

bobbertoriley
bobbertoriley's picture

Wonder if it's that "History of Sentinel Comics" thing that they've teased as a lore book to go with the RPG core book.

At least that's what I recall hearing a while back.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Pretty sure it's Dark Watch themed scented candles.

bobbertoriley
bobbertoriley's picture

Tag line: When there's smoke, there's NightMist?

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Paul wrote:
Matt and Jodie devised an algorithm to determine the number of pallet bays they could reasonably construct in a room of arbitrary dimensions with support pillars of various sizes spaced at various intervals.

Sounds to me like Matt and Jodie devised a new game for the Dice Hate Me line.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Hey, so long as you catch us up, I don't mind missing a month now and then. :) Sometimes, they just aren't that eventful.

Gotta love that warehouse story though.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

So. Many. Things!

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

TakeWalker wrote:

Gotta love that warehouse story though.

It makes me think the comments about plotting of world domination on the live KS stream may have some merit. You have the maps, the timetable, and now the ability to plan out the organization of a "warehouse" of any size...

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Does looking at the warehouses mean that GtG is contemplating moving into a new HQ?

Demiher0
Demiher0's picture
Playtester

In both live streams yesterday it was alluded to that there would be live stream stuff coming our way soon. Do we have any more information on that or am I just not looking in the right place? 

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

IIRC they said something about keeping an eye out on their Twitch channel for some game streaming this afternoon.

Edit: Yep: https://twitter.com/GTGamesLLC/status/971137108286017536 3CT/4ET.

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

Blackfang108
Playtester

Trajector wrote:

Paul wrote:
Matt and Jodie devised an algorithm to determine the number of pallet bays they could reasonably construct in a room of arbitrary dimensions with support pillars of various sizes spaced at various intervals.

Sounds to me like Matt and Jodie devised a new game for the Dice Hate Me line.

I'd buy it. 
morph147

mmmmm so many good things coming up being worked on. My thoughts:

Sentinels RPG core book: looks good but dont have a group to play rpgs. May get just for lore and pictures.

Prime War - gag I just want news on this and what is actually happening behind the scenes. just being patient I guess. 

Sentinels of Earth Prime - People on the kickstarter really want a statement on what is going on from Christopher and the locals are getting restless. Hopefully he finds time soon.

Legend of Sleepy Hollow - I will have to get a demo of this. Looks fun and a bit like mice and mystics a bit so will have to see.

Spirit Island expansion - Need this sooner than later.

Sentinels of Freedom video game - scared since I do not do PC games, I will not get to play this. Hopefully we will see console as well.

website - What is wrong with the current one.

cool sentinel comics thing for 2018 - I want more detail. Figured it wouldnt happen until after Oblivaeon starts to ship to boost interest in what they want to announce.

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it