The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

State of GTG - June 2019

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Paul
Paul's picture
Admin
State of GTG - June 2019

I really apologize for missing May! Back in April I mentioned that I was coming up on the busiest travel time of the month, and that really did me in! The update list below will involve a bunch of notes about that :)

1. We completed our purchase of the Cheapass Games product line!! I am so excited about this!! I'm planning on doing a separate post just about that, either later today or later this week.
  2. We completed funding for the Cheapass Games in Black & White book, and it succeeded beyond my expectations. I'm really thrilled to have another group of such enthusiastic fans to interact with :)
  3. Jenn, SaRae, Sarah, and I all visited China and toured a number of factories, including the factories where they make all of the Sentinels of the Multiverse and Spirit Island stuff.
  4. Maggie, Christopher, and I visited Alliance Game Distribution and GTM (Game Trade Media) in Baltimore. While there, we filmed playthroughs of Homebrewers, Medium, and Sentinel Comics: RPG! Maggie even created the ideal character for me to cosplay :D
  5. Maggie, Twuana, Sarah, and I visited ACD Distribution in Madison for ACD Games Day, their annual retailer summit.
  6. Christopher, Maggie, Matt, Katie, and I visited the UK to attend UK Games Expo. We were a sponsor again, and it was our best one yet, both in terms of booth presence and in terms of sales and demo attendance.
  7. While in Europe for UKGE, Maggie and I also attended the Asmodee UK retailer summit in Birmingham, and the Asmodee Nordics retailer summit in Copenhagen.
  8. Meanwhile, back at HQ, we dealt with some frustrating production delays from several factories that impacted both Homebrewers and Medium. Fortunately, those seem resolved.
  9. We did a lot of editing and pre-press work on our two most time-consuming in-progress projects, Legends of Sleepy Hollow and Sentinel Comics: RPG core rule book. Both now seem on track to actually start mass production some time this summer.
  10. We did a massive amount of Gen Con planning and work, including acquiring all new booth fixtures and creating a detailed schedule.
  11. If you are at all interested in attending Gen Con without having to buy a badge, and getting paid $15/hour to demo games, send me an email (paul@greaterthangames.com)!
  12. The warehouse received a massive amount of pre-Gen Con inventory for other publishers via GTG Operations.
  13. The warehouse received a massive amount of Cheapass Games inventory.
  14. Jodie spent a ton of time driving trucks back and forth among our several warehouse location in the St. Louis area.
  15. We put more work into our new building plans. I just want that to be *done* at this point.
  16. We did a fair amount of work on several unannounced upcoming business deals/projects that may or may not develop into something.
  17. We got a ton of new art in for Spirit Island: Jagged Earth and Sentinel Comics: RPG
  18. We celebrated the 1 year anniversaries of Twuana, Sarah, and Chris Burton!

Here is the status of all of our works in progress.

In Stock Since March

• Nothing

Shipping to Backers

• Nothing

In Transit; On a Boat

• Nothing

At Factory; Pre-Press Work

• Legends of Sleepy Hollow
  • Homebrewers
  • Microbrewers
  • Medium

Current WIP Focus by GTG

• Sentinel Comics: The Role Playing Game core rulebook (Christopher, Jenn, Critical Hits)
  • Prime War (Christopher, Chris Burton, Lore Forge)
  • Spirit Island: The Jagged Earth (Paul, Christopher, Jenn, Erik)
  • Sentinels of Freedom video game (Christopher, Adam, Underbite Studio)
  • The History of Sentinel Comics (Christopher, Adam)
  • Untitled Cheapass Games Project (Jenn, Chris Burton, James Ernest)
  • Milkman (Chris Kirkman, Chris Burton)
  • Fate of the Elder Gods: Agents of Arkham (Chris Kirkman)
  • Some other games (Chris Kirkman, Chris Burton)
  • A new and improved website (Jenn, Paul, Alex, Joel)

I'll see you next month!

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Thanks for updates as always Paul.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Whoo! :D

Question: Was there more than one RPG session with GTM? Because it seemed like that game could have a sequel...

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@TakeWalker

There hasn't been a second session..... yet!

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

When will that session happen as the tweets on it implied it already happened.  Also speaking of sessions when will we see Adam’s campaign that has Christopher as a player?

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Yeah, it sounded like it had already happened, which is why I asked. :B Well, I don't mind following GTM I guess, they don't post much.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Appreciate the update

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Cult of Gloom
Cult of Gloom's picture
Playtester

So i'm actually curious if you can say a little more about the factories in China and what they were like.

Remember, don't turn that frown upside down! Turn it into Eldritch Power to summon our Dark Master to Spite a world that has wronged you.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@Cult of Gloom

The factory visit was great! I could definitely answer any specific questions you have. In general, I think that seeing the processes for production is very helpful when it comes to planning out products. The big cardboard factory I visited in Jiangmen was very impressive - huge and very modern/spacious. It is definitely the kind of place I could work - a lot of cool stuff going on, and most of the factory is air conditioned :)

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Paul wrote:
@Cult of Gloom
The factory visit was great! I could definitely answer any specific questions you have. In general, I think that seeing the processes for production is very helpful when it comes to planning out products. The big cardboard factory I visited in Jiangmen was very impressive - huge and very modern/spacious. It is definitely the kind of place I could work - a lot of cool stuff going on, and most of the factory is air conditioned :)

Very cool

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Did they have robots?

How many robots?

Are the robots taking over?

Are you now a robot?

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

dprcooke
dprcooke's picture
Playtester

MigrantP wrote:
Are you now a robot?

Either that, or a fleshchild.

Trajector
Trajector's picture

MigrantP wrote:
Are you now a robot?

Quick, Paul, you see a turtle on its back in the desert - what do you do?

(P.S. Thanks for the update - great stuff going on.)