The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

State of GTG - February 2019

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Paul
Paul's picture
Admin
State of GTG - February 2019

This update will be really short since my last was so recent! Also, this is the slowest time of year for a game publisher - it is the Chinese New Year, so no production is happening, and sales are slow after the holiday rush. In the past few weeks, we:

1. Launched the Kickstarter for the Sentinel Comics RPG!
  2. I wrote a long post about OblivAeon.
  3. We commissioned a ton of art for Sentinel Comics: The Roleplaying Game and Spirit Island: Jagged Earth!
  4. We wrote and edited a ton of RPG stuff.
  5. We got Homebrewers and Legends of Sleepy Hollow *incredibly* close to complete. Printing should start once the CNY ends and the factories reopen.

Here is the status of all of our works in progress.

In Stock Since mid-January

• Nothing

Shipping to Backers

• Nothing

In Transit; On a Boat

• Bottom of the 9th reprint
  • Villains of the Multiverse reprint
  • Spirit Island (7th printing)
  • Spirit Island: Branch & Claw reprint
  • Spirit Island: Promo Spirit Pack 1 reprint

At Factory; Pre-Press Work

• Legends of Sleepy Hollow
  • Homebrewers
  • Microbrewers

Current WIP Focus by GTG

• Sentinel Comics: The Role Playing Game core rulebook (Christopher, Jenn, Critical Hits)
  • Prime War (Christopher, Chris Burton, Lore Forge)
  • Spirit Island: The Jagged Earth (Paul, Christopher, Jenn, Erik)
  • Sentinels of Freedom video game (Christopher, Adam, Underbite Studio)
  • The History of Sentinel Comics (Christopher, Adam)
  • Homebrewers (Chris Kirkman, Chris Burton, SaRae)
  • Medium (Jenn, Chris Burton, Christopher)
  • Untitled Cheapass Games Project (Jenn, Chris Burton, James Ernest)
  • Milkman (Chris Kirkman, Chris Burton)
  • Fate of the Elder Gods: Agents of Arkham (Chris Kirkman)
  • Some other games (Chris Kirkman, Chris Burton)
  • A new and improved website (Jenn, Paul, Alex, Joel)

I'll see you next month!

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I'm intrigued to see what you guys end up doing with Cheapass. :)

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Thanks for the update here and on the OblivAeon KS

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

fenianb

The background on the production issues was enlightening. Each time a new issue cropped up with factory or shipping or costs it must have been disheartening. I am sure GTG did the best that could be done to deliver a quality game in as timely a manner as possible.

Regarding Prime War in July last year you advised that by the fall the updates should be monthly just like a Kickstarter. What are your plans for more detailed updates on Prime War in the future?

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

fenianb wrote:

Regarding Prime War in July last year you advised that by the fall the updates should be monthly just like a Kickstarter. What are your plans for more detailed updates on Prime War in the future?

Lore Forge Games is the ones doing the majority of the work on it, so their blog is the place to look at for updates.

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

fenianb

Is that correct, Paul, that Lore Forge is the one who will be handling the lion's share of news?

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

Lore Forge will be handling the lion's share of development news until Prime War becomes our main spotlight focus. The reason for that is that, if GTG starts posting updates for a Sentinel Comics property, it will be Christopher posting those updates. Right now, development is wrapping up on the core rulebook for the RPG while we run the Kickstarter, and Christopher's "post excitedly about SC stuff" time is taken up by those. Once the core rulebook development wraps up, and especially once it is sent out to backers, Prime War will be at the absolute top of his list of projects, and you'll also start getting Christopher updates as well as Lore Forge updates. Right now, our "realistic if everything goes well" Prime War release date is Gen Con 2020.

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Trajector
Trajector's picture

That was an interesting peek behind the curtain, Paul. One thing that stood out to me is your comment that the OblivAeon fulfillment could/would have bankrupted a smaller company.

One way to look at that statement: You guys sure made it, huh? Not only do you have a game company, but you have a robust game company!

ViolentSilence

Wow - the box problems were pretty brutal! It's amazing just how many problems boxes cause, so I can see why Chris Kirkman was so vehement about having box sizes that fit the game in a pretty snug fashion. As someone who sleeves, I find the DHM boxes a bit too small, but I can't complain about the company not wanting to ship and store air, especially in light of the change in shipping policies. Just glad I've got my monster box for sentinels, even if the weight of it terrifies my shelves...