The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

State of GTG - April 2019

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
Paul
Paul's picture
Admin
State of GTG - April 2019

Our busiest travel time of year is coming to a middle! Here's some stuff from the past month!

1. We assisted with the launch of a Cheapass Games product! Our purchase/merger is nearly completed, and in the mean time, you can check out this cool project: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cheapassgames/cheapass-games-in-bla...
  2. Christopher, Chris Burton, Craig, Jodie, Matt, Katie, and I all attended the JoCo Cruise, where we were a sponsor and helped out with logistics!
  3. Maggie and Jenn attended the GAMA trade show in Reno!
  4. Maggie, Christopher, Matt, Katie, and Chris all attended PAX East in Boston!
  5. I visited Seattle to meet with Amazon, Cheapass Games, and a few other companies.
  6. This month was full of so much travel. It is kinda off the... chain? hook? one of those.
  7. Lots of production work happened on Sleepy Hollow, Medium, Jagged Earth, and RPG books.
  8. We got pretty close to finalizing a move to a larger facility, which will actually take place next year if it happens. We're really excited about the possabilities!

Here is the status of all of our works in progress.

In Stock Since March

• Villains of the Multiverse reprint
  • Spirit Island: Promo Spirit Pack 1 reprint

Shipping to Backers

• Nothing

In Transit; On a Boat

• Nothing

At Factory; Pre-Press Work

• Legends of Sleepy Hollow
  • Homebrewers
  • Microbrewers

Current WIP Focus by GTG

• Sentinel Comics: The Role Playing Game core rulebook (Christopher, Jenn, Critical Hits)
  • Prime War (Christopher, Chris Burton, Lore Forge)
  • Spirit Island: The Jagged Earth (Paul, Christopher, Jenn, Erik)
  • Sentinels of Freedom video game (Christopher, Adam, Underbite Studio)
  • The History of Sentinel Comics (Christopher, Adam)
  • Medium (Jenn, Chris Burton, Christopher)
  • Untitled Cheapass Games Project (Jenn, Chris Burton, James Ernest)
  • Milkman (Chris Kirkman, Chris Burton)
  • Fate of the Elder Gods: Agents of Arkham (Chris Kirkman)
  • Some other games (Chris Kirkman, Chris Burton)
  • A new and improved website (Jenn, Paul, Alex, Joel)

I'll see you next month!

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Thanks for the information as always.  Any idea when we might get that new and improved site?   Does the building piece mean GtG will move their location altogether or is this just for more warehouse space?

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Did Christopher finally make it back from Boston? :B

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

In case anyone hasn't seen it, here's a news bit related to the building. :-D 

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Powerhound_2000

I think you’re underselling the possible move Paul.   I certainly hope the new building works out.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

Technically, we'd be moving into 1920 N. Broadway, not 2000 N. Broadway (which is two blocks away). The same developer owns both buildings and is interested in renovating them and helping to bring jobs and investment to an area that has experienced a lot of disinvestment over the past 60 years. The 1920 building is abandoned, whereas 2000 is technically occupied by very inexpensive overflow warehouse space (it is actually where we store things like excess Galactic Strike Force and Sentinel Tactics :P).

Our plan, if this all works out, is to move all of our office and warehousing into the 1920 building some time in mid-2020. That depends on us finalizing the lease in the next few weeks, the developer getting historic tax credits, and then the construction process, which will involve replacing the roof, tuckpointing the brick, replacing and repairing missing and damanged windows, putting in new electrical, pluming, fire suppression, and HVAC, repaving the parking lot, and building out the offices, among other things. We'd be the first company to move into one of their buildings in the area, but if this goes forward I'm hoping to encourage other game developers and other companies or individuals in the creative space to move to the area!

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Powerhound_2000

I realize which spot you are moving to and they point it out in the article.   Regardless, I hope it all goes well.  

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

To save folks a link, here's the blurb:

"As the Business Journal reported, 1920 North Broadway will be renovated and turned into office and warehouse space for Greater than Games. That company is moving from the suburbs to this area. The cost of renovation of 1920 North Broadway is projected to be $5 Million and is also being done by Blackline."

The Business Journal article is paywalled, though.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Missouri cop cars are really tiny!

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Cool. And now I know what tuckpointing bricks is!

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

(After dealing with my foundation issues, I wish I didn't... :-\ )

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Cult of Gloom
Cult of Gloom's picture
Playtester

Do you guys ever have months where you aren't crazy busy?

Remember, don't turn that frown upside down! Turn it into Eldritch Power to summon our Dark Master to Spite a world that has wronged you.

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

Kudos to you guys for being a part of such a big urban renovation project.  It's a huge issue for so many cities right now, so hopefully it'll be part of a bigger wave in St. Louis.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@Cult of Gloom  

Nope, not really. Actually March & April are generally are least busy months of the year!

@PlatinumWarlock

I hope so too!

morph147

I miss Paul’s monthly updates. Always full of valuable information on what is going on at GTG. Especially prime war

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Powerhound_2000

He always comes back to it just give him some time. 

GTGAlex
GTGAlex's picture
Admin

Paul will do an update next week! He spent the last month and a half on a series of whirlwind convention and meeting trips more or less all over the globe, but he'll get you all an update for this month! :)

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I hope he talks about those some, too. :D