The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

start of game order of operations

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
payprplayn
start of game order of operations

So I feel like I saw the answer to this somewhere, but I looked through the rules and FAQ and couldn't find it.  What is the standard order of operations for choosing starting hex, rolling starting movement, and choosing starting powers?

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

When we demo it we have a coin toss to see who places first and the other goes first.  If you go first, you place second. 

For the tournament the starting locations are set up already and you do a coin flip for place first or go first, where place first gets first ban (I think).

For starting powers you get to choose two of them and put them into play.  During "Power Up" you can swap out one of your power cards in play for one in hand or if you aren't at your max you can put a power card into play.  (Main reasons for not being at max are:  Playing AZ, Playing Omnitron-V, or you were incapacitated recently).

At the start of the game, after you place, you roll your movement.  Then, during the "To Be Continued" phase you re-roll your movement.  If you are incapped, you re-roll your movement when your turn begins.

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

payprplayn

I wasn't so much wondering who chose first as whether you get to know your starting movement before choosing your starting powers (and starting hex, but you answered that).