The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Stage 3 OblivAeon’s card plays

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
The Girl With N...
Stage 3 OblivAeon’s card plays

Is my group just terrible at this game, or are OblivAeon stage 3’s extra card plays really not fun? 

I apologise for the venting, but we just got out of a game where the Countdown was on 3 and that stupid intergalatic butthead played both copies of Temporal Fractures. It’s like, good game, y’all, you don’t get a single chance to actually win. It’s not the first time the extra plays have screwed us over like that, either. It’s like, “Oh, you don’t have one of the four extremely specific cards that stops the villain deck from playing? Well okay hope you like losing.”

Gah, excuse my salt. I’m just really fed up with the way OblivAeon keeps doing this. Assuming you don’t have Legacy, Akash’Thriya, Nightmist or Writhe out, like... what are you even supposed to do? Any advice? 

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

I'm still working on getting better at this myself, but something I've found in the last couple of days is it's: sometimes important to flee to the other battle zone unless that hero can do massive damage to OblivAeon. However, nothing is really going to protect against double Temporal Fractures... that's just cruel!

Cult of Gloom
Cult of Gloom's picture
Playtester

I spent several nights trying really, really hard to have fun with OblivAeon. Then i stopped and fought a bunch of regular villains using birds and doomsday devices. Most fun evening i've had with SotM.

Remember, don't turn that frown upside down! Turn it into Eldritch Power to summon our Dark Master to Spite a world that has wronged you.