The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

stacking tokens

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
payprplayn
stacking tokens

sorry if this question is a duplicate, I couldn't find any others like it.

I was wondering about how aim/dodge tokens stack with attack/defense+1 tokens.  Basically, I want to know whether results are increased before or after +1 tokens are applied. If, say, I roll a six with my base dice, can I then spend +1's as auto-6's (assuming they don't auto-miss)? If my highest die on the base roll was a 4 and I spend a +1 and get a 5, do all my base dice improve? 

I also have a question regarding tokens and multitarget attacks. I get that tokens only apply to one target, but can I distribute multiple tokens among muliple targets? Say I have three attack+1 tokens, and my attack has three targets.  Can I spend all my tokens to roll two extra dice against the first target, one against the second, and use only base dice aginst the third? if I have two Aim tokens, can I spend them both on one to improve the dice against two different targets?

lutherbellhendricksv
lutherbellhendricksv's picture
Game Designer

payprplayn wrote:

sorry if this question is a duplicate, I couldn't find any others like it. I was wondering about how aim/dodge tokens stack with attack/defense+1 tokens.  Basically, I want to know whether results are increased before or after +1 tokens are applied. If, say, I roll a six with my base dice, can I then spend +1's as auto-6's (assuming they don't auto-miss)? If my highest die on the base roll was a 4 and I spend a +1 and get a 5, do all my base dice improve?  I also have a question regarding tokens and multitarget attacks. I get that tokens only apply to one target, but can I distribute multiple tokens among muliple targets? Say I have three attack+1 tokens, and my attack has three targets.  Can I spend all my tokens to roll two extra dice against the first target, one against the second, and use only base dice aginst the third? if I have two Aim tokens, can I spend them both on one to improve the dice against two different targets?

Extra dice go into the pool to be affected by Aim or Dodge, just like they were part of the original roll.

You can divide up Attack tokens between the targets, as you described. You can use multiple Aim tokens to affect multiple targets, if you have a way of getting multiple Aim tokens. (The Aim action is normally Limited, so you'd need a power to give you an Aim token, or something to make the Aim action Unlimited.)