The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Spiff's SotM Accessories

454 posts / 0 new
Last post
Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

I'd be happy to give you the Photoshop template I use.  I'm not sure I can give out the art without permission though.  I know there are tuckbox generators online too, which may get you what you're looking for.

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

Kingofsouls

I noticed your oversized Gloomweaver Skinwalker has a typo. On the front side he lacks the type box, which should say "villian, zombie"

Programming is like Life: Complicated and too many rules.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

That was pointed out to me previously by a sharp-eyed fan and I've fixed it.  The version that's on my site now has the correct info.

Amnachaidh
Playtester

Oh my goodness, that's a lot of Spiff Boxes

Hey - this is just a quick note of thanks to Spiff, using my SotM briefcase as the image. You can see every deck has been boxed, and there are all 3 generations of little dial counters in plastic bags.

Appreciate all the work, Spiff. Thanks.

Can I say somethin' about destiny? Screw destiny!.... 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable, and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say, "You're evitable!" Fred Burkle

Spiff
Spiff's picture

That's awesome.  You really use all three generations of the little hp trackers?  I thought for sure no one was using anything but the latest version (if anyone was using them at all besides me), so I took the others down from my site.

Amnachaidh
Playtester

I have all 3 generations in the ziplock (tm) bag of counters. For the most part, the first generation stay there. I haven't made any new first and second generation counters, but I actually sorta prefer the fussy second gens. I'm pretty sure I have the PDFs on my laptop so I can build more if I need to, but I find it unlikely since I have a baggie of counters.

I understand why the third gens were designed, but with the thin card stock I used the extra material in the seconds have held up well.

Can I say somethin' about destiny? Screw destiny!.... 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable, and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say, "You're evitable!" Fred Burkle

dclietz
Playtester

I LOVE these accessories. They are awesome, Spiff. The best game ever, now less fiddly. I especially love the heros that come with spinners, the tiny HP spinners, and the re-worded villians which are nice and easy to read. 

Only downside is that it takes a lot of time and money to produce, and I'm not particularly good at arts and crafts. Is there any chance your accessories might be professionally produced by >G someday? I would buy instantly...

Spiff
Spiff's picture

I have not yet been approached with a profit-sharing deal wherein I make millions of dollars from SotM accessory sales, so I can't say for sure. But my guess is probably not. :)

Kingofsouls

Amnachaidh wrote:

Oh my goodness, that's a lot of Spiff BoxesHey - this is just a quick note of thanks to Spiff, using my SotM briefcase as the image. You can see every deck has been boxed, and there are all 3 generations of little dial counters in plastic bags.Appreciate all the work, Spiff. Thanks.

A briefcase? Wow what a good idea...

krysskroz

For the record, the tuckboxes on BGG that say they fit Dragon Shield sleeved cards......they don't, not even close.  Glad I only printed one of each type of box as a test.  So my search continues for tuckboxes for Dragon Shielded cards.  Preferably with the hero complexity printed on the sides and top as well as a bio or just overview of the hero on the back for new players.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Thanks for the field report.  I'll take the link I have to them down from my site.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

krysskroz wrote:

For the record, the tuckboxes on BGG that say they fit Dragon Shield sleeved cards......they don't, not even close.  Glad I only printed one of each type of box as a test.  So my search continues for tuckboxes for Dragon Shielded cards.  Preferably with the hero complexity printed on the sides and top as well as a bio or just overview of the hero on the back for new players.

That would be awesome, the front could have the character card art, the back a short bio, like the "file" on the back of the old GI Joe figures that you cut out.

Something like:

Codename:  Absolute Zero         (3)  {just over in the corner signifying complexity}

Aliases: Ryan Frost

Powers:  Fire and Ice.

Power Source: Science

Group Affiliation: The Freedom Five

Just that much would give players a good start choosing a hero to play.

krysskroz

Or even the....oh I can't remember what they are called, but on BGG there is a file with the how far a certain carhacter leans to certain traits on a kite sort of grid....if that makes sense.  I just wish I was better at PS so I could just make them myself.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

We've talked about this.  No two people can agree about what what spot on a grid each character should occupy, so there's no consensus for what I would put on the back of a card box.

Kingofsouls

I think you should put the nemesis symbols for each hero/villian on thier box.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Why?

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Spiff wrote:

We've talked about this.  No two people can agree about what what spot on a grid each character should occupy, so there's no consensus for what I would put on the back of a card box.

That's why I'd do an abbreviated version of the official Bio, with maybe a Power category added, that would be very basic for characters where the other info gives no clue as to what powers they have.

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

I think I agree with Spiff here:  Why?  It seems like a lot of added work for very marginal benefit.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Kingofsouls

To me, the boxes feel naked without them.

I did add the symbols on my own though so if you desire against it I understand.  it's not hard though I might have gotten the scaling wrong.

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

krysskroz wrote:

I'm using empty Dragonshield sleeve boxes as the "tuck boxes" for the hero decks.  Just putting a label on the top and side to identify which hero deck is in the box.  The villains and environments are in the RC/IR expansion box since that box does fit Dragon Shield sleeved cards.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Let's please make sure that we keep the topic of discussion in this topic match the topic title.  If people have other solutions for tuckboxes, that's good info, but it should be in its own topic, not here.  Thanks.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Small update to the FAQ:

1) added note that Forced Deployment puts minions into play in the top-to-bottom order they are in the trash.

2) added note that you can't rearrange the order of a trash pile

3) added note about what happens if you use SST's "Experiment" on a deck that only has one card in it.

4) fixed an error where I'd said Final Wasteland was from Shattered Timelines rather than being a Promo deck.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Spiff wrote:

4) fixed an error where I'd said Final Wasteland was from Shattered Timelines rather than being a Promo deck.

Pretty sure The Final Wasteland is a mini-expansions, not a promo deck. As far as I am aware, there are no promo decks.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Sure, but "mini-expansion" is 14 characters and "promo" is only 5.  Fits better.

Killswitch
Killswitch's picture
Playtester

Do the hero decks fit in the individual boxes when sleeved, out of curiosity?

Steam Username: General Specific

You gotta know when to hold 'em,
Know when to fold 'em,
Know when to hold fast
And when to turn loose!

Spiff
Spiff's picture

There's a set of boxes for unsleeved cards and a set for penny sleeved cards.  I don't have any sets for others sizes of sleeves.

cmschex
Playtester

Spiff, have you gotten the proofs for the WCos deck boxes?  I love those things and it's soon going to be time to fire up the color printer.  Thanks in advance!

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

I caint wait for all the Trackers either, Spiff is gonna be busy for awhile

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Spiff is an old hand at this game by now and has been working on the WotC accessories a little bit at a time for the past couple of months.  Everything is ready to go at this point except the card list.  When I get my cards in the mail, I'll double-check that the info I've got on them matches the final production version, toss together a card list, and post everything all at once.  If my cards come on Wed. like FedEx is saying, I should be able to post that night or the following night at the latest.

cmschex
Playtester

Spiff wrote:

Spiff is an old hand at this game by now and has been working on the WotC accessories a little bit at a time for the past couple of months.  Everything is ready to go at this point except the card list.  When I get my cards in the mail, I'll double-check that the info I've got on them matches the final production version, toss together a card list, and post everything all at once.  If my cards come on Wed. like FedEx is saying, I should be able to post that night or the following night at the latest.

You're the best

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Spiff wrote:

There's a set of boxes for unsleeved cards and a set for penny sleeved cards.  I don't have any sets for others sizes of sleeves.

I saw a file link on BoardGameGeek for boxes for the base set and at least one of the expansions that were sized for premium sleeves. 

I'm using Dragonshields and found that those box dimensions were just a mite too tight for my sleeved cards.  So I'm still using re-purposed empty Dragonshield sleeve boxes for heroes and keeping most of the villains and environments in the RC/IR box - which fits premium sleeved cards well.

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Spiff wrote:

feel free to check the card list against the spoiler sheet.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

The randomizers empty spots (e.g. WCos Villain #2) can probably be filled now.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Spiff
Spiff's picture

done.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Not sure if this is just me or everyone, but every time I randomize, all of the WotC items get unchecked and I have to go back and check them again.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Not just you - I forgot to make WotC default to being checked.  Fixed now.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Thanks Spiff! Now I can continue to avoid having to make decisions.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Files have been updated. We've got the usual stuff:

• card boxes, both for penny-sleeved and unsleeved cards
  • environment mats
  • oversized hero and villains
  • card box-sized hp trackers

for all WotC heroes, villains, and environments, plus Guise, Wager Master, and Omnitron-IV, as well as oversized hero cards for the new alts - the Prime Wardens, KNYFE: Rogue Agent, and Argent Adept: Kvothe Sixstrings.

I'm excited to say that Sky-Scraper comes with three different sizes of oversized hero cards - one is about the size of a regular card, one is the normal 4"x6" oversized size, and one is a gigantic 8"x6"-ish.  I love the giant one especially.

I've also updated the quick-reference sheet (the sheet with all the heroes/villains/enviros to help you pick who you want to play) to include the new stuff, and have updated the Search Sheet (the pages you can look through when deciding what card to search for, like if you had an Impromptu Invention) to include Sky-Scraper's equipment cards.

I have not yet updated the Card List as it's getting late, but I'll do that tomorrow.

If you find any problems or errors with the files, please let me know so I can fix them.

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

Love the new quick reference Sheets

But none of the extra stuff is showing up in promos and alts or Wrath zip

No Guise, or any new Promos 

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Doh, you're right.  I made a last-minute change and it didn't make it into the .zip.  Fixing that now.  Thanks for catching that.

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

Looks great Spiff. I hope you don't mind me pointing stuff out, I just want to make you site the Best.

The only other thing I see (I don't use them but someone may) But you missing Mini HP Trackers for all the new hero promos/guise

Rabk
Rabk's picture
Playtester

dshields wrote:

Looks great Spiff. I hope you don't mind me pointing stuff out, I just want to make you site the Best. The only other thing I see (I don't use them but someone may) But you missing Mini HP Trackers for all the new hero promos/guise

If you're talking about the HP tokens to go on the HP tracker mat, I'll get them to Spiff today. Sorry, I've had the new ones for months and had forgotten all about them.

...yeah, me too.

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

Rabk wrote:

dshields wrote:
Looks great Spiff. I hope you don't mind me pointing stuff out, I just want to make you site the Best. The only other thing I see (I don't use them but someone may) But you missing Mini HP Trackers for all the new hero promos/guise

If you're talking about the HP tokens to go on the HP tracker mat, I'll get them to Spiff today. Sorry, I've had the new ones for months and had forgotten all about them.

No Spiffs actuall Hero mini trackers or Small HP trackers 

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

Smallt hp tracker

No Guise or new promos

Spiff
Spiff's picture

You can see in your screenshot that Guise is there (I stuck him with Unity and Scholar), but you're right that I didn't make one for each of the new promos.  I forgot that I needed to.  I'll try to get that done in the next couple of days.

And no, I don't mind you pointing out stuff I've missed or screwed up at all.  Somebody's got to check my work. Sorry it had to be you. :)

cmschex
Playtester

Hey, on the deck boxes, I printed the no sleeve boxes but they are bigger and seem like they are the ones made for the penny sleeves.  The measurements look the same on the sheet but I was wondering if they somehow got transposed

Spiff
Spiff's picture

cmschex wrote:

Hey, on the deck boxes, I printed the no sleeve boxes but they are bigger and seem like they are the ones made for the penny sleeves.  The measurements look the same on the sheet but I was wondering if they somehow got transposed

I just downloaded the new .zip file from my site (so I was sure I was looking at the same thing you would be looking at) and I compared the non-sleeved version against the sleeved version of the Captain Cosmic boxes.  The sleeved versions are definitely larger, so it's not that they've been transposed.  Then I downloaded the Rook City boxes (which haven't changed in years) and compared Expatriette's box with Captain Cosmic - they're the same size.  Lastly, I've printed each of the new boxes for my own use, and looking at them sitting there in my storage box next to all the other boxes, they look to be the same size as all the other non-sleeve boxes.

So, I've tested all the ways I know how, and it looks like they're right to me.  If you've got something specific I should be looking at that I didn't mention, please let me know so I can check things out further.

cmschex
Playtester

Hmm, I was just comparing my Enclave of the Endlings box vs my Silver Gulch box. The Endling box is definately taller by 1-1.5 cm or so, though the width seems comparable.  Not a ig deal, it was just something that I noticed.  As always, thank you so much for putting these together

Spiff
Spiff's picture

I just compared the Endlings and Silver Gulch box no-sleeve templates, and they're identical sizes.  So, I don't have an explanation for why yours are off by a whole centimeter or more, but as near as I can tell, the templates are the correct size.  Sorry.

cmschex
Playtester

Spiff wrote:

I just compared the Endlings and Silver Gulch box no-sleeve templates, and they're identical sizes.  So, I don't have an explanation for why yours are off by a whole centimeter or more, but as near as I can tell, the templates are the correct size.  Sorry.

Hmm, must have been something with my printer settings.  Thanks for checking

Pages