The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

SotM Event #27: Play With Me!

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
SotM Event #27: Play With Me!

Time for a new event! For this one, the goal is to play with each person that signs up (mostly the video game, but it can be in person). Simply put you name in the first column of this sheet. If your GtG username is different than your Video Game user name, put both down with the Video Game username in parantheses. Then, a random villain will be assigned for you to play against with each other person that signs up. If you lose the game, fill the box in with red . If you win in normal mode, fill it in with green . If you win on adance, fill it in with gold . All you need to do is play a game once, but you can always try again for a better result. Good luck everyone, and have fun!

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

I get permission denied.

Bowie
Bowie's picture
Playtester

I requested access myself. Sounds fun!

Bowie S, pronounced like David, not like Knife, can be found in Minneapolis and has Monomaniacal Reverse Engineer d10
Death and the dice level all distinctions. -Samuel Foote

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Yeah, I'm just not sure whether the access denied was intentional or not.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Fixed!

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

In order to use a more Sentinely term than "GG", after playing one of these games, everyone should say:

All shall bow before the Citizens of the Sun!

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

OK... I'm on the sheet, but not in a position to play super soon. work will beckon much for a while.

Bowie
Bowie's picture
Playtester

Sounds good.

Bowie S, pronounced like David, not like Knife, can be found in Minneapolis and has Monomaniacal Reverse Engineer d10

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

I'm interested, but my playing hours are limited, so I might wait till I know more people are signed up before signing up myself.

Good ideas are usually just bad ideas a stubborn person eventually fixed.

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

I'm down. I'm usually availible between 11 and 1:30 PM (!:30 being the latest I'm willing to start a game) and after 4:00 PM MDT. Apparently the randomizer doesn't have faith in me, since I got both Baron Blades. It also wants me dead, because I saw spite in my column twice... *sigh* Anyway, feel free to add me on steam to make it easier: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198105661939

"A delayed game is eventually good. A rushed game is bad forever"

-Shigeru Miyamoto

Bowie
Bowie's picture
Playtester

Getting the Ennead out of the way with Frog!

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

It took three tries, and was down to the wire, but Voss goes down

Attachment(s): 

-Shigeru Miyamoto

afgncaap
afgncaap's picture

It took several tries, but the third time's the charm and Advanced Voss went down to VisforYoshi and myself.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

So, we do TWO games with each person?

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Bowie
Bowie's picture
Playtester

Well, as I can tell from the sheet, _we_ do one game with each person, but _they_ also need a game with us. So if you're very competitive, you can try not to reciprocate...

But it'd be rude.

Bowie
Bowie's picture
Playtester

Got together with VisforYoshi and went four rounds.

We tried Advanced Spite w/3 heroes and it was not working out. We could not hurt him faster than he healed with our heroes, and it was not going well at all.

We realized it'd take forever to lose, though, so we just restarted. No screencap.

We tried Regular Spite w/ 5 heroes and burned him down very easily, with Ra turning all heroes immune to fire and Visionary Twisting the Ether to make all of Spite's damage fire. Beautifully simple and direct and he was down in no time.  

We tried Advanced Baron Blade! And... he kept himself Mobile Fortressed so long, with little damage downrange from the Freedom Four, that he managed to pull the Moon into the Earth! I have never actually seen this failure art, and I think it's pretty cool. I like it. Almost as much as I hate losing!

We hit Try Again and off we went! This time, we burned through every defense of his JUST in time, beating him down to flip when he would have otherwise pulled the moon down again. Surprisingly tough to outrace his Advanced discarding both times! But once he flipped, we just laid siege. It was glorious! ALL SHALL BOW BEFORE THE CITIZENS OF THE SUN! 

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

The fact that we had the same profile color was a pure coincidence

also, after seeing that Ronway and Powerhound have added themselves, I realize i have to defeat spite even MORE now

-Shigeru Miyamoto

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Good thing I do not have a game against Spite. I'd not do it and say I did!

Also, Pydro and I have defeated Citizen Dawn!!! Huzzah!

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Not just Dawn, Advance Dawn!

Bowie
Bowie's picture
Playtester

VisforYoshi wrote:

The fact that we had the same profile color was a pure coincidence also, after seeing that Ronway and Powerhound have added themselves, I realize i have to defeat spite even MORE now

I specifically chose puke green because I thought, "Who would use puke green? It'll always set my text apart!"

angry

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

One of these days when my household isn't sick I'll get on to play.   Sorry for adding more Spite plays.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

eviltoon wrote:

VisforYoshi wrote:
The fact that we had the same profile color was a pure coincidence also, after seeing that Ronway and Powerhound have added themselves, I realize i have to defeat spite even MORE now

I specifically chose puke green because I thought, "Who would use puke green? It'll always set my text apart!"angry

Funnily enough, that was the exact same reasoning I used

-Shigeru Miyamoto

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

it is clear you are the same person from different unvierses in the multiverse structure (the forums must be some sort of hub that makes communication possible).

Never agree to meet or the whole multiverse will be destroyed!

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!