The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

SotM Event #21: Gray's Anatomy

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
SotM Event #21: Gray's Anatomy

We have had villain beatdown's before, but this one is based on Gray's fantastic analysis of the stats. For this match, if you win a game, put all the info in this form. Based on the villain, heroes, and environment you will be given a score based on the difficulty of the macthup, a higher score, the more difficult the match. The goal of this event is to score as many points as possible. If you need help figuring out how many points your match will give, you can use this spreadsheet. Just select the info from the drop down menu, and it will get you toyr score. I don't mind if you use my sheet, but you can also copy it for yourself.

If you submit a game that passes a checkpoint, please tell me the row number of that game. I will keep track of how long ti takes to get to each checkpoint.

Links

Gray's Analysis

Submission Form

Points and Leaderboard

Match Point Determination

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

felith8293

I just submitted a game, and I want to say sorry for the score it gave (if the negative scores remove points?). My roommate just told me this was a thing, so I just grabbed decks, and then submitted them. I didn't even look at the determiner thing.  So I'm sorry if that negatively affects the overall score.  I'll make sure to use it next time.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Don't worry, easily fix. I will delete that game.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

felith8293

Thank you very much.  I'll make sure I use the Point Determination sheet next time.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Hmmmm...I am thinking this might be too restrictive. Not that it is hard, but there aren't a real lot of combinations that give a good score, especially if you don't like some heroes/villains. So, to make things a bit easier, I am adding 50 points to each score. This should give some more choices, and still give a high number for the really difficult games.

DerpTheBugbear
DerpTheBugbear's picture

I'll be attempting Advanced Iron Legacy  vs Rogue Agent KNYFE, DW Setback, and DW Nightmist sometime soon... here's hoping I can do it, lol... might take a few (or a LOT more than a few) attempts.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

A bunch of games came in with negatives. Since I am on my phone, the quickest fix was to add another 50 points to each game. Now, most games will score at least some points, but could be a more for harder games.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Yeah it didn't like some of the games I submitted.  I flipped from almost 200 down to 70 something at one point.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Gray updated his numbers, so I did too.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I got past a little better threshold.  I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who has submitted games for a while too.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Yay, this event didn't catch on. Oh, well, there will be another soon!