The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

SotM Event #20: March Madness

124 posts / 0 new
Last post
phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I spotted Dawn advanced mode since she won and all, 0-2 so far, no luck with Mana or Eyepiece.

As for the Ennead, I just meant all nine in the same location, but working together really well?  Yeah, that challenge is rough.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Don't forget Challenge Mode. 

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I played this out in the app in Insula Primalis and won.  Got both Savage Mana and Infrared Eyepiece.  Never saw that card even with the Eyepiece.   Haka probably could've finished it off but I didn't think I had enough damage that round but AZ proved me wrong.   

Edit: I played on advanced in the app

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wy384361or3b5ks/photo%20apr%2006%2C%203%2043%2031%20pm.png?dl=0

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Still working out the details (ion other words, i have no idea how to score this. :P), but for the final match, here are the rules:

Heroes: Ra, AZ, Haka, Wraith in any order. These are the normal versions, no variants.

Environment: Your choice. Have fun!

Villain: Dawn. There are 4 levels: Normal, Advance, Challenge, Advance Challenge.

Now, I am debating about how to handle this, right now, I see two ways:

1) Each level has a point value, and we try to reach a certain point number, although I have no idea what that is.

2) I take a percentage of all games submitted on each level, to see who won. Unfortunately, I don't know how to decide that.

If anybody has any other ideas, please shout them out.

I will make a form that you can fill out later, after I figure out what it will do.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Weight points by type of game, with a loss in normal scoring the most points for Dawn, and a win on challenge advanced worth the most for heroes.

I'd set the environment to IP, since it is a pretty fair environment and her home turf.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

So something like this:

Victory/Defeat

Normal: 1/-4

Advance 2/-3

Challenge: 3/-2

Advance Challenge: 4/-1

Positive score heroes winning, negative villain, you can play as many games as you want. Althought a certain minimum overall should be included.

Powerhound_2000

Minimum 50 games perhaps?

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

jajd2c

Maybe keep track of which side wins each game separately, and then declare whoever hits 100 (or other appropriate total) points first the winner?

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

That can work too. Do the numbers make sense?

jajd2c

Those numbers look good to me. With those point totals, it's even more vital for the heroes to win each game. Can't make things too easy for the heroes, can we?

Also, those values give the heroes incentive to try the advanced & challenge modes. 

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

we have a submission form?

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

If this is what we want to do, I will get it up and running in a few minutes.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

For the final match (round 6), you will play the game at Insula Primas (Dawn's home turf), and select a difficulty:

Normal

Advance

Challenge

Advance Challenge

The difficulty determines the number of points either the heroes or Dawn gets based on the outcome. The first side to 100 points, wins.

Challenge Mode for Citizen Dawn:

“Solar Retribution” Citizen Dawn retaliates when her Citizens are defeated. • Whenever a Citizen card is destroyed, Citizen Dawn deals the hero target with the highest HP 3 fire damage.

You can find the other Challenge Modes here.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Note: Still working on the formula. In the meantime, you can still submit a game.

EDIT: Ok, everything should be working.

Also, you can play and submit as many games as you want, just be honest. If you can, report it here too.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Congrats on the Advance Challenge win.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I have a normal win and 2 advanced losses so far, and the win was close, Haka threw down a suicide Rampage to set up the win.  App Dawn is on a tear.

OMG, normal loss.  Had Mana and Eyepiece, double aurora puts citizens in trash, Dawn flips and never flips back, saw 3 blinding blasts, channel, Dare, Winter, and the last turn pulled Truth, Anvil, Hammer and flipped her back, but it was far too late for the heroes.

redlife0006
Playtester

So, after an advanced game win, I decided to jump right into advanced challenge.  Which didn't go over so well.  I took a loos on that one pretty quickly, espeically when the environment (particularly nasty raptors this time) decided to finish off citizens early, leading to some extra damage I wasn't completely prepared for.

I toned it back down, and won one on just challenge mode, bringing my contribution to two wins and a loss so far.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

100 points seem like a lot, now, first side to 60 wins.

Powerhound_2000

Pretty much the keys in winning the advanced mode games against Dawn seem to be the initial Citizens in play and then getting the Infrared Eyepiece.  Starting a game with with Truth and Hammer in play is rough if they get teamed up with Anvil, Summer, or Winter.   

Getting Savage Mana helps in the matchup but I haven't found it necessary to win.   One game I actually got through her flipping and pull out a win but normally a flip on advanced is a loss. 

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

I had a game once that started with Blood, Sweat, and Tears. I died horribly in that one. For me, the hardest games with Dawn are when Tears comes out early and then refuses to stay dead because of Return with the Dawn. Combine tears with Blinding Blast, and nobody has any cards. I actually hate Tears more than Truth.

Good ideas are usually just bad ideas a stubborn person eventually fixed.

Powerhound_2000

Yeah that can be doom quite easily too.   Truth or Hammer by themselves aren't bad it's just when I get them together I cring.   For some reason I don't often see Tears early.   Normally I see Blood and Sweat a lot in the beginning. 

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

I don't see Sweat very often, but Blood more or less always shows up.

Good ideas are usually just bad ideas a stubborn person eventually fixed.

Powerhound_2000

With my last victory I believe Ra is the winner.  

Pages