The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

SotM Event #13: Villain Beatdown - Part 3

63 posts / 0 new
Last post
Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Woohoo! 300!

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Azqa
Azqa's picture
Playtester

Since I still had the table set up, I stuck with Fixer, Chrono-Ranger, KNYFE, and the Naturalist in Insula Primalis and just had a new villain pop up.  The Ennead in their regular form brought Nuit, Tefnut, Osiris, and Geb out to play.  The environment brought two T-Rex's, a Pterodactyl Thief, a River of Lava, and a Velociraptor pack.  The T-Rex's did chomp on the heroes a few times, but also chomped on the villains a couple times so I figured it was a wash.  None of the other Ennead came out, so it was a pretty straightforward beatdown even if three out of four heroes ended the game with single-digit health.

I grabbed the Ennead mainly because there were 3 points to go when I looked at the sheet.  When I finished, we were already past the goal.  Clearly I need to learn to play faster!

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

After two failed attempts against the (advanced) Ennead, Grand Warlord Voss was obliterated by the team of Fanatic, KNYFE, Haka, and Setback as he was attempting to break into The Block! It was a struggle to overcome the initial play of two Gene-Bound Guards (providing an effective DR of 3 since we were playing advanced), but once that was done, we rolled over Voss. Fanatic struggled with the damage reduction affecting her power, but did manage to pull out a Wrathful Retribution for net 20 damage. KNYFE was a solid powerhouse all game, and Setback burned through 1 and almost 2 Silver Linings with his High-Risk Behaviour; but MVP goes to Haka, who got out all 3 Dominions, letting him draw his Ground Pound at the crucial moment (when Forced Deployment came out), and used Savage Mana to eat the minions. The game ended when Haka went on a Rampage and then unleashed his Savage Mana, which did a total of 36 damage at the end to win the game.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Wish I could've helped more but a team of TLT, KNYFE, and CR met up in Silver Gulch to take down Plague Rat, Ambuscade, Iron Legacy, and Skinwalker Gloomweaver.  Gloomweaver was the longest match as for a while the Cactus in Silver Gulch somehow ended up being the most consistent damage for a while.   With Iron Legacy it got much better with the Sheriff Pratt shooting him as it caused him to a turn sooner and at least let the heroes get a breather on damage.   

Overall, I liked the team but Skinwalker Gloomweaver took a lot longer then I expected though that was due to probably the worst draws I've seen from KNYFE even with TLT  draws.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Good job with the challenges, everyone! The Cosmos grow nigh!

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Rabk
Rabk's picture
Playtester

So the wife had Friday afternoon off and when I got home from work she was waiting for me  with The Organization all set up and ready to go, drinks on ice, and the TV moved into the dining room propped up at one end of the table. We turned on Stargate Atlantis halfway through season 3 (we've seen it before so we could divide our attention without too much trouble), and just steamrolled on through the weekend from there. It was a glorious and epic weekend.

We tried to keep things simple to minimize AP and let us finish games as quickly as possible. Most of the time we played with  =3, usually with TLT and Tempest under m'lady's control and a third hero that I chose to fit the circumstances. She switched TLT out for one of the Legacies whenever there was too much DR to easily overcome and (reluctantly) for Dark Visionary when we needed to keep advanced Dawn from playing That Card or flipping. The only fight we didn’t finish on advanced was Mad Bomber Blade, who obliterated us twice before we said “screw it” and knocked him down to normal difficulty.

We quickly resigned games whenever they became clearly unwinnable or were obviously going to take forever to win (i.e., our first attempt at Dawn when she had wiped us twice right after we finally got set up – that’s when the missus decided that DVis was a good idea). We were chumps and laid traps for the villains in our home base every time, just knocking out a Forced Entry here and there when necessary.

We did carry a fourth hero into the fight with advanced Iron Legs for the extra early-game damage, but TLT, Tempest, Chrono-Ranger, and KNYFE still got slaughtered four times before they finally got a good flop and wiped him off the board in three short rounds. Voss, Mad Bomber, The Chairman, and two fan-made difficulty 3 villain each got a fourth opponent as well. (BTW, The Sentinels were absolute beasts against the advanced Chairman - all those extra damage instances, redirects, and heals seriously hamstrung his henchmen.)

We beat (in no particular order): Voss, Dawn, Gloomy, (non-advanced) Mad Bomber Blade, Iron Legs, Cosmic Omnitron, Chairman, Ennead, a fan-made difficulty 2, and three different fan-made difficulty 3's.

That was truly great fun. Thanks for setting it up, Pydro!

...yeah, me too.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Wow, nice job!

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

I expected my game against Iron Legacy to be a challenge with three heroes.  However, Nightmist's Planar Banishment card can be murderous on an Iron Legacy start-up if she flips a high value next card.  And beyond that Tempest and Tachyon were able to take out later on-goings that came out.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

So 300 points got us 3 pictures, can the next event have 22200 points please?

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Be careful what you wish for...

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

We might need a couple of weekends for that.

Rabk
Rabk's picture
Playtester

grysqrl wrote:

We might need a couple of weekends for that.

Nooo... not another two-month event! blush

...yeah, me too.

Pages