The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

SotM Event #11: My Turn!

284 posts / 0 new
Last post
Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

OK, time for a SotM event where you actually play SotM. The goal of this event is to have every hero beat every villain (normal of advance). If you play a game and win, just put your name down in the column. Then post comments about the game in this thread. That's it.

Instead of having a time limit, the goal here is to finish as fast as possible. I am thinking we need about two weeks.

I decided to display the information based on expansion with mini-expansions and promos at the end. If anyone has a better idea, please speak up.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

I see you have a section for promo villains, but what about promo heroes?

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Wow! I completely forgot about those. They should be in there too. Anyone know offhand all the promos and there names?

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

I sure do!

Young Legacy

Rook City Wraith

Ra: Horus of Two Horizens

Redeemer Fanatic

Dark Visionary

Eternal Haka

Engine of War Bunker

Team Leader Tachyon

Elemental Wrath Absolute Zero

Price of Freedom Wraith

Freedom Tempest

Golem Unity

Dark Watch Setback

Dark Watch Expatriette

Dark Watch Mr. Fixer

Dark Watch NightMist

Greatest Legacy

G.I. Bunker

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Thanks, put those in.....Hmmmm.....this might take longer than I thought.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

That'll take no time at all!

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Just to be clear, a single game can count for multiple heroes, right? With 5 heroes per game, we need a minimum of 9 matches against each non-Vengeance villain. That makes a total of at least 207 matches. Get on it!

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

dpt wrote:

Just to be clear, a single game can count for multiple heroes, right? 

You got it!

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I tbought there would be something by now.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Pydro wrote:

I tbought there would be something by now.

Thursday night, probably!

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Initial game entered!

Voss vs Argent Adept, Wraith, and Freedom Tempest in The Final Wasteland.

Things started fairly poorly for the heroes, but turned around as Wraith built up equipment.  Infrared Eyepiece buried both Forced Deployments and it became a battle of attrition to whittle Voss down and take out minions and both ships.  The Adept contributed with plays for other heroes and single-handedly destroying a space dreadnought.  Tempest took a lot of damage early, but took out monsters and minions galore with Grevious Hailstorm and Localized Hurricane. 

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Played a teaching game against advanced Blade in Megalopolis. Tachyon, Bunker, Wraith, and Scholar took him down fairly easily. Rooftop combat helped out quite a bit for getting through his DR after he flipped.

Azqa
Azqa's picture
Playtester

After getting outpaced by limbs in a game last night, tonight's match up of industry vs. nature (Omnitron-X, Unity, and Bunker vs. Akash'bhuta) fared much better when the force of elemental destruction dared to attack the Freedom tower instead of turning the lush Insula Primalis against the heroes.

Even getting two Primeval Eruptions in a single turn and going from 0 limbs to 5, whittling the environment deck down to a single card left, wasn't enough to save her.  It helped that she never got to destroy hero equipment this time, unlike the previous beatdown she delivered.

Edited to ask - if multiple people use the same hero, do you just want them to put multiple names into the cells or leave the first entries alone?

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

EdgeDS wrote:

Edited to ask - if multiple people use the same hero, do you just want them to put multiple names into the cells or leave the first entries alone?

I am thinking to just leave them alone. It will keep the spreedsheet the cleanest and easiest to read. If wrap text is on, we will have a bunch of cells with different sizes, if it is off, the text can easily flow into other cells. If someone has a nice way to do this, please speack up.

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Vengeance Combat!

Proleteriat, Friction, and Fright Train vs. Wraith, Unity, and Greatest Legacy on the Mobile Defense Platform.

Wraith had an off game and mainly did Stealth and rolled out minor equipment that Unity converted to bots.  Unity rolled out a half dozen bots and then started steamrolling villains.  First bot was Cyrobot and Radioactivist hitting low HP hero for 1 was essentially not a good play for the villains in the first couple of turns.  Greatest Legacy tanked for the heroes by playing Take Down twice and Heroic Interception before finishing off Friction.  Otherwise it was Gung-ho on Wraith to help her HP and allow her to Stealth or use Infra-red Eyepiece to tweak villain decks.

Proleteriat got a good 1-2 by playing Recoup and Recover immediately followed by an Everyman's Strength to clobber Wraith.

The MDF did not do much at all.  Power Generators and Skydeck. 

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Put in a couple games from a week ago. Could not use last night's games because custom heroes were used. 

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

arenson9 wrote:

Could not use last night's games because custom heroes were used. 

Hopefully, you still had fun.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Game 1 for me:

DW Nightmist

Visionary

EOW Bunker

Golem Unity

vs.  Mad Bomber Blade on Advanced.  In the Tomb.  (bad move)

I had run Bomber normal not that long ago and was unimpressed, I've never had a phenomenal game against him, even on advanced it had been a wash.

Until today.  Wow, the man threw down.  we got Hasten Doom, Disruption 5 devices and Force Field in the first first two rounds, and we were really, really hurting when he flipped.  Then first card was. . . Consider the freaking Price of Victory.  Then Baron started destroying all his targets and Anubis starts crushing my heroes mercilessly.  Swinging Blades comes out right after DW Mist gets the Amulet out, and she redirects to live so it is her at 2hp, everyone else dead.  She redirects Baron's blast with 2 of her last three cards and luckily survives the round with a target and Force Field being played and Starshield Necklace in her hand, 7 cards under Baron.

Then EOW Bunker let's her draw Mistform, Vis destroys the shield and Nightmist plays the Necklace, Gunity lets her play mistform where she stays while Baron get's crushed by Shamise, the Challenge of Fire, Swinging Blades and Judgement of Anubis finishing him off.

So even in her DW form, Nightmist is still ridiculous, it just takes longer to get Mistbound and Mistform, and you can't really fuel the Amulet.

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Omnitron defeated by Dark Visionary, Omnitron-X, and The Naturalist in Pike Industrial Complex.

Vat explosions did most of the damage to the heroes.  Dark Visionary buried the nastier Omnitron cards (EPE and Tech Singularity) buried using Turmoil.  Plus playing Twist the Ether on The Naturalist to help with damage and avoiding Adaptive Plating Subroutine.  OX got a fair number of components in play eventually as well.  The Naturalist spent a lot of time in Crocodile form as he inflicted most of the damage on Omnitron. 

The oddity in the game was Omnitron's components being taken out by ongoing removal effects rather than damage to Omnitron for most of the early rounds.

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Another game in.  Drawn-out affair between Apostate and Visionary, Legacy, and Parse.  Once again in the Pike Industrial Complex.

A recurring issue with some 3-hero groups is too much support and sometimes a lack of damage capacity when you need it.  That's when you end up depending on those one-shot damage cards of Visionary and Legacy for some extra pop at the right time.  And Parse's ability to make damage irreducible is quite useful against relics when they pile up and protect each other.

Apostate was eventually flipped and holding out fairly well.  However, Legacy was established and was intercepting damage and using Next Evolution to avoid damage and keep the heroes in the game.

At this point the environment took an active part.  A pack of mutated lab rats put in an appearance.  In one round they chewed Visionary into incapacitation.  In the next round they got an additional damage bonus and proceeded to chew up relics and demons.  Which left Apostate vulnerable to Legacy and Parse to finish him off.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Oaktree wrote:

Another game in.  Drawn-out affair between Apostate and Visionary, Legacy, and Parse.  Once again in the Pike Industrial Complex.A recurring issue with some 3-hero groups is too much support and sometimes a lack of damage capacity when you need it.  That's when you end up depending on those one-shot damage cards of Visionary and Legacy for some extra pop at the right time.  And Parse's ability to make damage irreducible is quite useful against relics when they pile up and protect each other.Apostate was eventually flipped and holding out fairly well.  However, Legacy was established and was intercepting damage and using Next Evolution to avoid damage and keep the heroes in the game.At this point the environment took an active part.  A pack of mutated lab rats put in an appearance.  In one round they chewed Visionary into incapacitation.  In the next round they got an additional damage bonus and proceeded to chew up relics and demons.  Which left Apostate vulnerable to Legacy and Parse to finish him off.

Man, you need to stop taking three epic supports in the same game.

Throw a EOW Bunker or Expat or a alternate wraith in there, if you are rocking some top support throw in some lesser played damage.  We don't want to be stuck playing really crappy teams at the end of this.

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

My good friends from Portland came East Coast side and we got in a very good game vs Voss. Young Legacy (new player), DWFixer (new player), Redeemer Fanatic and Setback (me).

Things looked really bad early. Both starships showed up within the first 3 rounds and they bashed on us good. Everyone was around 10-14 HP by the time we got Voss to flip still at full health. But we pulled out a win just as Voss played his first Forced Deployment. It was a nailbitter, but Wrathful Retribution and Wrong Time and Place at the 11th hour changed everything. I love when games turn out this way, especially when playing with new people. They are always very memorable just because of how bad it looked early on. 

Setback has been growing so fast on me since release. So much fun. And everytime I'd Risk a "Whoops, Sorry!" it would draw some good laughs from the new players who really got into the thematics of it all.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

phantaskippy wrote:

Man, you need to stop taking three epic supports in the same game.

There's no rules against re-using the same hero. Just wait for G+ games to begin, we use random set-ups, meaning were bound to use heroes that have already been used against certain villains!

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

phantaskippy wrote:

Oaktree wrote:
Another game in.  Drawn-out affair between Apostate and Visionary, Legacy, and Parse.  Once again in the Pike Industrial Complex.A recurring issue with some 3-hero groups is too much support and sometimes a lack of damage capacity when you need it.  That's when you end up depending on those one-shot damage cards of Visionary and Legacy for some extra pop at the right time.  And Parse's ability to make damage irreducible is quite useful against relics when they pile up and protect each other.Apostate was eventually flipped and holding out fairly well.  However, Legacy was established and was intercepting damage and using Next Evolution to avoid damage and keep the heroes in the game.At this point the environment took an active part.  A pack of mutated lab rats put in an appearance.  In one round they chewed Visionary into incapacitation.  In the next round they got an additional damage bonus and proceeded to chew up relics and demons.  Which left Apostate vulnerable to Legacy and Parse to finish him off.

Man, you need to stop taking three epic supports in the same game.Throw a EOW Bunker or Expat or a alternate wraith in there, if you are rocking some top support throw in some lesser played damage.  We don't want to be stuck playing really crappy teams at the end of this.

I'm doing random 3-hero teams via Spiff's randomizer.

It must have heard you since next game is GI Bunker, DW Expat, and Golem Unity vs Ambuscade.

Azqa
Azqa's picture
Playtester

An ageless warrior who teaches kindergarten and a blind mechanic still aching from violence in his past spoke with a mercenary who could've used a helping hand when she was a child.  They all sought to save a young girl from the terrors of her own mind, terrors that took on a life of their own amidst a mindscape of twisted reality.

Expatriette, Haka, and Mr. Fixer vs. advanced Dreamer in the Realm of Discord.  Game ended with Expatriette at 1, Haka at 6 (solely from a last-round 4-point Haka of Restoration just in case), and Fixer at 2.  Luckily timed Grease Guns and a Ground Pound, and some help from the environment reducing villain damage or providing additional hero targets via Imbued Vitality were the only things to keep the heroes alive.  I admit that I cheesed it by using Savage Mana to destroy a bunch of projections right after she flipped, but Expatriette having nothing but ammo, Reloads, and an SMG for the first three turns makes me feel less bad about it.

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

GI Bunker, DW Expat, and Golem Unity just mopped the floor with Ambuscade in Rook City.

Ambuscade wasted 3 card plays on traps.  Bunker shutdown Rook City with foam grenades the last two rounds and just popped away with the Flak Cannon.  Expat got an assault rifle out in Round 1 and primarily used that.  Unity got two Platform Bots out in Round 1, and Swift Bot out in Round 2.  The bots got clobbered in Round 4, but had already done a good bit of damage by then.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

I wasn't able to join the G+ games, I was however at a friends house playing lots of games, though only 2 sentinels.

First being The Scholar, The Sentinels, Bunker, DW NightMist, and K.N.Y.F.E. in the Freedom Tower against Matriarch. We whooped her so bad!

Second was Absolute Zero, The Naturalist, G.I. Bunker, and Fanatic against Ambuscade in the The Block. We also whooped him so bad!

Sorry, didn't feel like providing details!

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

What you missed was a long game of Horus Ra, Naturalist, and Scholar against Akash'Bhuta (she flipped 4 times!) in the Tomb of Anubis.

Then Price of Freedom Wraith, Tachyon,Chrono-Ranger, and the Naturalist totally shut the Chairman down in the Final Wasteland. It wasn't even fair.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Obviously, it was because Wraith was wearing the Operative's pants.

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Nightmist, The Sentinels, and Fanatic just took on The Chairman in The Block.

Nightmist did an Oblivion on the first few underboss-thugs to show up, and The Sentinels weathered the all-hero damage pretty well.  After that Nightmist went into Mist Form while high HP hero and tanked retaliation damage from the Operative while Fanatic and The Sentinels kept pace with the underbosses and thugs.

Things got a little wild with the appearance of a Prison Break - which put all five underbosses into play by the end of the villain turn.  Fanatic countered with an End of Days, but that pulled Nightmist out of Mist Form and cleaned out whatever ongoings the heroes had, such as Sentinel Tactics.

With a short villain deck the heroes and The Chairman flipped the heroes changed tactics.  Nightmist Mistbound the villain deck once, and beyond that an Enboldened Writhe was checking the bottom of the villain deck every turn for the other Prison Break.  It was eventually found and discarded.

The environment had been relatively benign so far, but now had two Time-Crazed Prisoners in play and a 9-card trash pile.  They proceeded to obliterate the Operative's hit points over the next two rounds.  Nightmist went back into Mist Form right before they finished with the Operative and started on her.  The Environment then cleaned itself up with a Lock Down on the last card in its deck.

The heroes started on The Chairman himself with a vengeance after finishing off the crippled Operative.  A turn later Fanatic drew Wrathful Retribution and finished The Chairman off the round afterwards.

A solid team effort where each hero pulled their weight and made an important contribution to the victory.

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Gloomweaver taken down in Insula Primalis by a support team; DW Nightmist, Argent Adept, and Omnitron-X

Hero team weakness early on was simply inflicting damage.  Nightmist handled the initial set of zombies, but after that Voodoo Pins accumulated on her and she soon couldn't keep a hand in play.  Heroes did a lot of healing as Gloomy's cultists and some zombies did limited damage - mainly due to OX having high HP and the right plating in play. 

Argent Adept built up songs and instruments and OX accumulated a component set.  Sarabande of Destruction kept the dinosaurs in check and OX was keeping the zombies in check.

The game turned once OX got a Defensive Blast card in play.  With a +1 damage bonus from the Adept OX played Flechettes and triggered a defensive blast that swept out the voodoo pins, cultists, and zombies that were active.  This allowed Nightmist to get back into action.  From there Gloomy's relics were rapidly trashed; either immediately by Argent Adept after coming into play, or detected by Nightmist on the top of Gloomy's deck and then TImeshifted to the trash by OX.

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Standard quick fight involving Plague Rat vs. Bunker, Scholar, and Eternal Haka at Freedom Tower.

All the heroes infected early on - and two of them took the damage to remove Infected once Plague Rat flipped.  Scholar played support, tanked a bit, and generally just held on.  Bunker got Flak Gun, Omni-cannon, and Grenade Launcher out and then sat there in Turret Mode and pounded away.  Haka mainly used Taiha, but also played Ground Pound twice in order to reduce the damage taken somewhat.  Also noted that Punish The Weak is not that bad a card for Haka in this situation since it reduces damage being inflicted on other heroes while infected.

Heroes were down to 5-8 HP each when Plague Rat went down.  Lots of ongoings into play and the heroes were all infected again by then as well.

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Scholar, Nightmist, and Parse vs Citizen Dawn on a Mobile Defense Platform.

Scholar played tank for most of the game with a Iron Form that shrugged off minor attacks thoughout the game.  He did Truth Seeker and other attacks as opportunity permitted amidst plays to keep his hand size built up.  MDF supplying a large quantity of harmless targets helped him out as well.  His team support cards mixed well with the other heroes, especially allowing Nightmist extra plays to get equipment out or cast additional spells.

Nightmist rolled out Master of Magic and the Necklace and then started casting Oblivion repeatedly to pound on non-hero targets.  Lost everything to THAT CARD, built it up again, did a Mist Fueled Recovery to get HP back up, and then back to Oblivion or Planar Banishment when Dawn started rolling out ongoings.  The Amulet was out by then as well and Dawn caught quite a bit of redirected damage.

Parse did a mixed support role.  She discovered early that a Aurora was on the bottom of Dawn's deck (and it was left there).  The other Aurora wiped out her Critical Multiplier cards.  Targetting Arrow on Dawn helped quite a bit in the late game running down of Dawn's HP - especially since Nightmist was using Elder Ring to boost damage even further. 

And I'd argue that Dawn's citizens helped the hero cause.  Initial citizens where Truth and Spring.  Initial villain card play was Dare blowing Truth away.  And the ongoing for bringing citizens back from the trash never made it into play.

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Cosmic Omnitron attacks Freedom Tower, and is opposed by Dark Visionary, Golem Unity, and EOW Bunker.

The Giant Robot is essentially owned by Visionary while Unity arranges for a bot posse to tear up any drones that appear.  Bunker did a good tank role by playing Heavy Plating and using the Repair Module to heal up and stay high HP. 

Visionary buried Omnitron's "good" cards with Turmoil, and had Wrest The Mind cards available for dealing with both of Omnitron's EPEs and using them to wreck havoc on Omnitron itself.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I figured people wouldn't be running to play against Miss Info, so I took her on. Tachy, Vis, Parse, Omni-X, and Horus of Two Horizons (figured people weren't running to play him either) took her down.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Weekend update!

We have 1003 matches left, hooray!

Most played hero: Vanilla Wraith (20/27 matches left)

Most played villain: Voss (29/41 matches left)

Heroes that were never played (27 matches left): Vanilla Ra, Vanilla Tempest, Elemental Wrath Absolute Zero, Rook City Wraith, Dark Watch Setback.

Villains that were never played (41 matches left): Spite, Iron LEgacy, Kismet La Capitan (probably scared of Siege-Breaker), V5 Blade, Ermine, Agent of Gloom Spite

Good work so far, everyone! We just have a little more to do! smiley

Azqa
Azqa's picture
Playtester

My 3-character solo matches have not been going well of late, unfortunately.  Had a teaching game with some friends last night using regular Baron Blade in The Final Wasteland which was pretty much a walk in the park though.  The Naturalist went into Gazelle form on the first turn which I believe was mostly an experiment to see what could be done in that form, and all three MDPs came out before Blade flipped so he did have 13 cards in his trash before we finally stopped his terralunar impulsion beam.  The Gazelle experiment worked out exceptionally well once he convinced all the monsters that we were Environmental Allies and they stopped constantly chewing up Unity's golems.  By the end of the game the entire environment deck was in play but mainly just lounging around watching Nightmist and the golems beat down Blade.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Woohoo! Leas than 1000 matches left. (Fortunately, I have a lighter.)

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I have had terrible luck, I've lost three straight, I'll report as soon as I win one.  Maybe I'll stop playing advanced for the duration.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Hmm... I haven't been able to make the G+ games recently, but very few games are being added. I wonder if we're on a major losing streak, they aren't playing very many games, or it's not being added. Looks like we have a mystery on our hands.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

*sigh*

Our game against Miss Information last night went very poorly. Like Expatriette was the last hero to fall, and Miss Information had only 3 HP left. angry

We'll see if we play SotM or Tactics at tonight's gathering...

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Spite (Agent of Gloom) vs Eternal Haka, Omnitron-X, and The Scholar in The Final Wasteland

Game starts in Spiite's favor as he gets three drugs flipped before enough victims are in the Safe House to flip him.  And then he knocks the heroes around a bit more before they empty the Safe House back out.  Omnitron-X has some components out and thus is playing an extra on-going every turn for one drug to put back in his hand.  Haka is doing some damage, but taking punishment.  The Scholar is tanking, and helping out with some support cards.  But the tide seems to be running against the heroes and OX is about to go down.

And Spite simply got crushed after that point.

Between Scholar playing a card that stopped Spite from causing damage for a turn and Haka playing Ground Pound Spite spent four turns not touching the heroes.  He also was pretty inefficient at taking out victims since Potential Sidekick sat out there and gave the heroes extra cards repeatedly.  In that calm OX assembled a full component set and just chipped away at Spite while providing healing.  Haka played Haka of Battle to boost Taiha damage three times.  And Scholar eventually discarded a 19-card hand to set Spite up for the killing blow by Haka.

(Aside: Looking at the drugs in play I also think I could have kept Scholar in play indefinitely.  Two Flesh To Iron would soak Spite's attacks and he'd need an extra ongoing in play each turn for a drug to push back to his hand.  Incap plays from OX and Haka get him a draw and a card play to put the extra ongoing back out.  With Scholar's draw that would give him enough cards for the discards to keep both Flesh To Iron cards out.  Not a lot of extra space to kill Spite, but I think he'd eventually win out - especially with a card like Potential Sidekick out there helping him with additional card draws to help power an attack or build a LEE engine.)

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Two wins tonight -- Ambuscade tried to catch Haka in the F5 tower, but Unity and Dark Visionary were there to help him, and Kismet messed around in Megalopolis while the F5 were away, but Setback, Expatriette, and The Sentinels saved the day.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Ambuscade in a shoot-out with Ra, Haka, and Bunker on Insula Primalis.

Haka got the cloaking device via Savage Mana, but Ambuscade's Charged Attacks made taking out equipment painful.  Everyone was running low on hit points... and then the volcano ate Ambuscade and his devices while the giant eagles appeared to carry the heroes to safety.

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

A very pedestrian trouncing of Citizen Dawn by Rook City Wraith, Team Leader Tachyon, and Tempest at Pike Industrial Complex.

Wraith triggered an Inpromptu Invention chain in the 2nd round and had Infrared Eyepiece, Utility Belt, and so on going from there.  IR Eyepiece pretty much crippled the villain deck.  Team Leader Tachyon kept the heroes up with cards, hit citizens, etc.  Tempest got Electrical Storm and Grevious Hailstorm going, plus a handful of one-shot attack cards.  In addition every hero drew their ongoing/environment destruction cards.

The environment played one vat explosion early, and from there mainly tossed out Mutant Lab Rats.   Soon afterwards Wraith played multiple copies of Mega Computer and neutered that as a threat as well.

Azqa
Azqa's picture
Playtester

After some failed attempts at taking him on in Advanced mode, the team of Absolute Zero, Mr. Fixer, and Ra faced off with Grand Warlord Voss back in Silver Gulch of 1883 and had no problems keeping the situation well in hand.  

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

We beat Advanced Ennead for the very first time! Tachyon, AbZero, Chrono Ranger, and Ra fought them in Insula Primalis.

It felt like a really cheap win though, as we got a first round Volcano and Ra managed a second round Flesh of the Sun. So we just sat back and cruised into victory. 

Edit: Added more games from last night. EmoSpite bit the dust in Rook City of all places at the hands of Haka, Omnitron-X, and Scholar. Then Apostate rolled over for a very quick and easy game in the Tomb of Anubis against Tachyon, Tempest, and DWExpatriet.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Ok, asking for a bit of help here. I made a second sheet that lists all of the villains and all heros that haven't beat him yet. If you edit the main sheet, it will automatically edit the second sheet. At the bottom of each columm there is a list of random heros that you can pick to fight that villain. In order to regenerate the list, simply select the first box, then click and hold the little box on the bottom left corner, while holding drag it down all five boxes and the formula will pick new heroes (the same method as if you were copying a formula to multiple boxes. Don't worry if you mess up, just click undo.

Here is my problem, and if someone can help, it would be great. I want the formula to ignore blank boxes and "reroll". I, also, want the boxes to "reroll" if a hero was already chosen. Not sure if this would work in googledocs, but I figured someone might know.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

I just minorly changed the formula because as written it could pick from the list of randomly generated heroes; still working on the blanks.

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Thanks!

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

Played 3 games tonight.

Game 1:  Apostate in Rook City vs. DW Mr. Fixer, Parse, KNYFE, and Setback    -   Hero victory.  Apostate didn't stand a chance.  Only two relics came into play (Pendant and Orb of Delusions).  The rest was one Apocalypse on round 3, a few direct damages and some Fiendish Pugilists.  Special Recognition goes out to Tony Taurus for helping avoid an Apocalypse and some "play the next villain card" cards.

Game 2:  Miss Information in the Realm of Discord vs. Setback, Omnitron-X, DW Expatriette and the Sentinels.  DW Expatriette dropped, making Setback cry, and everyone except Writhe dropped below 5 hp at one point, but they soon rallied thanks to some lucky flechettes and defeated the nefarious secretary.

Game 3:  Matriarch in Insula Primalis vs. Tachyon, Chrono Ranger, Haka, and Setback.  Haka played an Enduring Intercession as card fodder for the Cohorts just before a Primordial Plant Life came into play, dropping him to 10 hp, which he wouldn't recover from.  However, his KO abilities helped boost Chrono-Ranger's damage to extremes after Chrono played Hunter Hunted.  A few dud plays by the Matriarch and a mask being put in the bottom of the deck helped the heros win a game I was sure we were going to lose.

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

Pages