The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

SotM Event #10: SotM on the Mind

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
SotM Event #10: SotM on the Mind

Since I just came back, I see no reason to not start another event. However, let's try something a little sillier this time.

The goal of this game is to insert the names of the different SotM cards into your daily conversation.

Rules

-Each player must choose one hero deck (no villain decks this time).

-The player will try to say each card name of that deck in their daily conversation.

-You cannot be talking about SotM at the time.

-The name must fit into the conversation. You can't run up to someone and scream "Stun Bolt!" (hmm...good idea for a different game.)

-If you manage to say a card name, please post the context and line into this thread.

If anyone has any suggestions please list them below.

If anyone can rank the difficulty of the different decks for this challenge, that would be great.

PS Anyone know what event number this is?

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

How ridiculous. I approve :D

I shall try this, with Legacy. Don't know how I'm going to manage the Legacy Ring, but still...

EDIT: I'll also take a crack at difficulties, if you like.

• Absolute Zero: 15 unique cards, and I defy anyone to fit Null-Point Calibration Unit or Isothermic Transducer into casual conversation. HARD.
  • Argent Adept: 20 unique cards, and many proper nouns. VERY HARD.
  • Bunker: 14 unique cards, lots of military stuff. Not straightforward, but not too many tricky ones. AVERAGE.
  • Chrono-Ranger: 20 unique cards, but Jim's Hat and the Masadah are probably the only problematic ones, and the bounties should be no problem. AVERAGE.
  • Expatriette: 17 unique cards, but these are all actual things. VERY EASY.
  • Fanatic: 18 unique cards. Some ("SMITE THE TRANSGRESSOR!") will be easy, but there are a couple of pitfalls. EASY.
  • Haka: 14 unique cards. Easy if you're Maori(?), otherwise not so much. Though Taiaha is a fun onomatopoeia... HARD.
  • Legacy: 15 unique cards, and The Legacy Ring is the only one that'll slow you down. VERY EASY.
  • Mr. Fixer: 17 unique cards. The tools are probably okay, and maybe the styles if you're creative with it. EASY.
  • Nightmist: 16 unique cards, some of them fairly tricky, others less so. AVERAGE.
  • Omnitron-X: 17 unique cards, and most of them are pretty nasty. HARD.
  • Ra: 15 unique cards, and the Staff is probably the only tricky one. VERY EASY.
  • Scholar: 16 unique cards. The Forms might be tricky, but the rest should be okay. EASY.
  • Tachyon: 15 unique cards. A lot of not easy, but nothing terrible. AVERAGE.
  • Tempest: 16 unique cards. Elemental Subwave Inducer could be tricky, but most of the others are fine. EASY.
  • Unity: 19 unique cards, and most of them are robots, which might be tricky. HARD.
  • Visionary: 15 unique cards, and Twist The Ether is probably the only real problem. VERY EASY.
  • Wraith: 15 unique cards, mostly pretty easy. EASY.

Vengeance later, possibly.

[I also picked up a couple of typos on the full card spoiler, which I'm putting here instead of in the proper place because I'm trying to leave and don't want to forget them: Planar Banishment is Planar Punishment and Expect The Worst is Expect The Worse]

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

Reckless
Reckless's picture
PlaytesterInspiring Presence

Welcome back, Pydro. The place wasn't the same without you!

This also sounds fun. What exactly do we need to do? Just get a deck set up to the side and post when our turn comes up?

Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun
The Matriarch's Psychic damage is her forcing a gratuitous amount of Snapple facts about birds into a hero's brain.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

I so want to do this. Do we all need to use different decks?

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I'm going to call K.N.Y.F.E. let's do this.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

I think I want Scholar. 

Damn it, Ronway!

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Reckless wrote:

Welcome back, Pydro. The place wasn't the same without you!

This also sounds fun. What exactly do we need to do? Just get a deck set up to the side and post when our turn comes up?

I was thinking that you have to use the phrases in real life, and post the lines you used here whenever it happens.

If people want to use them in a running conversation here, we could try that too.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

I told my dog to "Get Out of the Way!" last night. 

Damn it, Ronway!

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

What happened?

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

She was in my way. 

Damn it, Ronway!

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

And then she moved. She's smart like that. 

Damn it, Ronway!

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture

OK, I'm going to take on Absolute Zero as I JUST managed to throw in both Null-Point Calibration Unit and Isothermic Transducer into a work meeting this morning:

We were meeting with some vendors who were promoting their latest in pedestrian and bicycle counting technology and in between legitimate questions about their wares I asked if one of them contained a "Null-Point Calibration Unit" to make sure that data from one count was not influenced by remnant data from a previous count.  The blank look the vendor gave me was precious, but it was nothing compared to the look my co-worker gave me as he realized what I had just asked (I play Sentinels with him pretty often). 

A few minutes later, while the vendor was discussing the pros/cons of laser and infrared tech versus video detection tech, I asked if the infrared unit would require use to get an "Isothermic Transducer" to compensate for variations in ambient temperatures that might be misread as peds or bikes. Again I got a blank stare from the vendor... but my coworker actually had to excuse himself from the meeting because he just couldn't hold on his laughter anymore. 

I had to refrain from dropping more AZ terms into the conversation since it was getting pretty awkward... but I am confident I can do so at some point in time in other convos. 

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

That's amazing! Which emoticon best describes the vendors face?

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

I love everything about this.

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

jagarciao wrote:

but my coworker actually had to excuse himself from the meeting because he just couldn't hold on his laughter anymore. I had to refrain from dropping more AZ terms into the conversation since it was getting pretty awkward... 

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I am necro'ing this event. All join in!