The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Some questions to grasp character creation

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
bluntaxe
Some questions to grasp character creation

Cursed (Power source)
- Lets say I take Self Control (Absobtion) and signature Weaponry.
- Selecting two yellow abilities, attunement says [element/engery] so I can't select that since I didn't take an Element/Engery power?  *(I'm basing this assumption from the statement on page 44 under Defining Abilities).

Archtype (Physical Powerhouse)
- It says to take two abiliites using powers in the Physical Powerhouse as green abilities and one as a yellow.  If you were only able to take two Physcial Powerhouse powers (because previous selection only had two dice granted).  What happens with that 3rd yellow power?  Don't take it?  Assign it to a power outside of Physical Powerhouse?  Assign it to a power that already has an ability? 

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Based on how it's written I'd say you can choose any power or quality that you have that was not used for the two green abilities.  Optionally you could take Damage Resistance as your green or yellow ability which does leave you with being able to just use the two powers and/or qualities you picked up for Physical Powerhouse. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Unlike some Archetypes, the Cursed power source doesn't restrict your choice to only powers that you chose or ones from a certain list.  Nothing in "Defining Abilities" says your choices are limited this way.  We do know that one of the SCRPG Season 2 heroes had Immunity from the Accident power source without having an Energy/Element power, although it's not phrased quite the same way.

For Physical Powerhouse, indeed, the Yellow ability isn't restricted to a power or quality from the Physical Powerhouse list.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!