The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

So Apple denied the multiplayer update?

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
morph147
So Apple denied the multiplayer update?

So saw on handelabra blog that Apple rejected the multiplayer update due to a feature which already existed in the game? Anyone know what feature and what is the game play moving forward? This stalls any future updates for the app so was hoping for more details.

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I'm sure they'll present more info about it soon.   I'm not too worried about it overall.  It's a bummer Apple caused an unnecessary delay.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

morph147

True power but also confused that some of it said. Some spots said Apple had questions about something and others said it was rejected. Just curiosity that's all. Hopefully they update soon

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Powerhound_2000

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

I do see their point.  While you provide the codes for free, there is nothing in the code of the app that requires you to do so.  If, at a later date, you decided to start charging for codes (which we know you wouldn't, but you could) then you could do so without Apple knowing about it.

It's a bummer that it had to delay the multiplayer release, though.  

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Powerhound_2000

I get why it got rejected but again it's just odd what they decide to pick on since that feature has been there for a few releases now.  I can only guess that maybe more emphasis was put on that aspect or someone actually looked through the game more thoroughly 

bluedarky
bluedarky's picture

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

I get why it got rejected but again it's just odd what they decide to pick on since that feature has been there for a few releases now.  I can only guess that maybe more emphasis was put on that aspect or someone actually looked through the game more thoroughly 

Or they just got the guy who'd had a bad day and decided to take it out on us.

Powerhound_2000

That's possible.   I just wonder what they'll implement for iPad to work around that in a future release.   

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Apparently the 1.5.1 update is out now for apple devices, rush to your local iStore and download updates until you can join those of us who have been playing the game for ages!

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Powerhound_2000

I've had it for steam but I'm lazy and prefer to play on my iPad.    My name is Sonvar when I'm playing from my iPad. 

jajd2c

It's alive!!!!!!