The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Sneak Peek at the upcoming update...

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer
Sneak Peek at the upcoming update...

Do you folks like surprises?

How about knowing things before other people do?

What about hints at things with incomplete information?

Swangee Automaton

Do I know you forumites, or what?

*smoke bombs*

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Attachments: 
broccoli
broccoli's picture
Playtester

Omg, that's awesome.  I love that arc from Penny Arcade.  WOOT!

"I'm not prone to hyperbole, but she is the Antichrist." - chwineka

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

I'm missing something. Can you elaborate veggie man?

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

The Penny Arcade tie-in misses me completely, not having heard of any of it before, but that card redesign is wicked.  Extremely, extremely pleased with it.

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

I agree with Spiff. That template redesign is very nice to the eyes. I like it 200% better than the one shown on the front of the KS page.

Edit: This was an awesome update! I whish it came sooner though. I do think the the redesign and the crossover could potentially lead a nice surge in backers today (myself included in that company). Heres to hoping for 75k!!!

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

I've heard of Penny Arcade. I know it's some kind of online...weblog...or comic strip...or something...which has been around for ages and is generally pretty well-known. That's as far as my knowledge of it goes. But other than that, I agree that the card design does look really cool! :D

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

When I first saw it I thought it may be a robotic slenderman with eyes.

Cosmonaut Zero
Cosmonaut Zero's picture

Yay! The Automata arc was one of my favorites.

This is a Greater than Games forum signature virus. Copy this text, add one to the generation, and replace your signature with this one so that this may take over the multiverse of forum signatures.
Generation: 1

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

Rules question about the new cards:

Broodax: "(T) Move this ship to the sector with the fewest Strike Force ships.  It gains 1W."

Does it work like it does in SotM, where a sector with zero SF ships will be the lowest, or does it have to be the lowest chosen from among sectors that actually have SF ships in them?  Also, I'm assuming that in the case of ties, the players would choose where they want the ship to move, and that if they decide that it will stay in its current sector (assuming it's either the lowest or tied for lowest), it would still gain the +1W.

Swangee: "(A) You may discard a card.  If you do, switch the W and D of a non-flagship Opposition ship in this sector."

Because it doesn't mention it, I'm assuming this switch is permanent.  Could you discard more than one card to do this to more than one ship?

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

Katsue
Katsue's picture

Spiff wrote:

Because it doesn't mention it, I'm assuming this switch is permanent.  Could you discard more than one card to do this to more than one ship?

It would have to be permanent, because it happens in the Aftermath phase. It's interesting, all right. I'm not sure how often people are going to have cards left in hand during the Aftermath phase (though bad reputation would be a candidate).

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

There are a few times you have a boost that you may not want to play that round, or even a tech you didn't want to install quite yet. Also there is always saving a card for the Aftermath phase just to use this ability.

You can only use the ability on the tech once if i'm not mistaken. I'm about 85% sure i'm correct.

The fewest Strike Force ships could be a sector with no Strike Force Ships in it. If there are 2 sectors with no Strike Force Ships it will move to 1 of theose 2 player choice. The point of it it to help overrun sectors and try to avoid the Strike Force. Making the Striek Force have to chase after it before it gets too nasty.

Katsue
Katsue's picture

If I understand things correctly the Strike Force gets to move after it moves, right?

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

That is correct.

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Who wants to go post this update in the Penny Arcade tabletop gaming forum? I don't much care to interact with the people there, due to previous XBox Live style experiences, but surely someone has an account there to spread the word. :-)

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

Koey
Koey's picture
Playtester

The flavor text seems to be hard cause of the background. Otherwise looks pretty cool.