The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Skyscraper Links

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
NinjaMonkey
Skyscraper Links

I'm sorry if this question's been asked before but my google-fu is weak and I just haven't been able to find the answer:

Skyscraper has several "Equipment/Link" cards which she plays on (near?) targets. What happens to those cards when the target is destroyed? Do they stay in play? If so, do they go back into Skyscraper's play area? Or are they sent to the trash?

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

If the target a link is attached to is destroyed that equipment stays in play.    Sky-Scraper or some other card would have to destroy it.   Similar occurs with ammo for Expat in that you can attach it to a gun but if somehow that gun is destroyed the ammo would still stay in play.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Powerhound_2000

Another similar situation occurs with "The Ultimate Target" in Chrono Ranger's deck as it doesn't have any text about what happens when the target it is attached to leaves play.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Bowie
Bowie's picture
Playtester

Sky-Scraper seems very designed to just "leave" Links laying around. Her Tiny form's power includes bringing two Links from play to your hand; I take it to mean so I can repurpose them because they've already been used, so I need to take them up and play them again to use them anew.

Her Links are weird and I like them.

Bowie S, pronounced like David, not like Knife, can be found in Minneapolis and has Monomaniacal Reverse Engineer d10
Death and the dice level all distinctions. -Samuel Foote

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

They also work great for destruction targets when sitting out there.

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

NinjaMonkey

Donner wrote:

They also work great for destruction targets when sitting out there.

As we discovered last night while playing Kaarga Warfang in the Time Cataclysm. Without that Link still hanging around, Skyscraper would have lost Thorathian Monolith and we'd have lost the game. I wasn't sure if we'd played it correctly by leaving the link in play earlier in the game. Its good to know we got it right. No * on that victory.

As a follow up question, where does the Link go? Is it just moved back in front of Skyscraper, or does it really matter?

Powerhound_2000

It would stay in the play area of the target it was attached to.   On a whole it doesn't matter much once the target it was attached to is gone.  

Objulen

Skyscraper also has a Tiny card that returns all of her links to her hand, and then lets her replay as many links or tiny cards as she returned, so you can reattach and reapply damage and debuffs as needed. Her card that reduces damage an Environment targets deals to heroes and increase the damage it deals to villains is situational, but it is a significant advantage when there are AoE Environment targets to exploit.

She has obvious synergy with Unity, who can blow up her damage links and then Skyscraper can just recycle them with her Tiny form power. 

Her only weird spot, to me, is her flow and synergy. She's all about timing and being able to switch when needed to suit the team. She's very versatile, but using her to her best capacity isn't the easiest all the time -- figuring out what your team needs and what you have available is especially critical with her. She is great for spot tanking, for example, but can't do it consistently as Legacy, at least without help from, say, Argent Adept to recover, draw, and play Thorian Monolith. Unless you need to play a card to change form or use a power from another form, dropping links and collecting 3 cards per turn in her normal-sized form is a good way to build a hand that will give you many options. 

Speaking of which, like many heroes, Skycraper loves AA, but it's amazing in her Large form. Buffing her damage reduction to 3 while Thorian Monolith is in play generally means she can go to town with her cards and power that damage heroes without worry even if Legacy or other damage buffs are in play, and AA can let her play the 4 damage to 1 target, 1 damage to every target card while Thorian Monolith is out and recycle Thorian Monolith.  

Any hero that needs equipment to get going -- Nightmist, AZ (and he can search out his +1 cold damage equipment, which he can't do natively), AA, Expatriate, Bunker, Wraith, Omnitron X, etc. will love her link that gives someone the power to discard a card to put an equipment card into play or into their hand, particularly heroes with recurring card draw, such as Wraith and Bunker. Even if someone who can use it but doesn't need it as much (Tachyon w/o goggles, Ra w/o staff fetching, Legacy w/o a ring, Tempest, Haka, Unity, for her equipment that lets her discard cards to play golems), can still use it, and you can redeploy it later.

Speaking of Nightmist, she loves Thorian Monolith, just don't abuse the damage-redirection by shifting too much to Skyscraper ;) Az needs to be careful that he doesn't fry Skyscraper while it's active, however, which makes the Freedom Six AZ a better combo with her if you expect her to tank, due to the reliable, non-self harming damage. 

Ironic
Ironic's picture

This is actually a really fantastic "mini Hero's Guide" hidden at the end of the thread - I'm bumping it so more people get to read it.

"Is it a bird?"
"Is it a plane?"
"No... it's ironic!"

MarioFanaticXV
MarioFanaticXV's picture

Objulen wrote:
Her card that reduces damage an Environment targets deals to heroes and increase the damage it deals to villains is situational, but it is a significant advantage when there are AoE Environment targets to exploit.

Char, Mystical Defenses, basically any environment target that hits everyone is amazing with this.

metaphysician

I imagine she's great in Temple of Zhu Long.  Make the place even *more* hero friendly than it already is.