The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Shifting Memory of Ages clarifications

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Trajector
Trajector's picture
Shifting Memory of Ages clarifications

Now that I've got a print-and-play in hand (thanks for making isolation a little more fun, >G!) I've noticed a couple things that I want to make sure I interpreted correctly before trying this new spirit in game.

1. Share Secrets of Survival: "Each time Dahan would be Destroyed ..., Destroy 2 fewer Dahan." Because of the proper use of "Destroy," I assume this only refers to destruction via the word "Destroy" on spirit cards, events, etc., and not to destruction via taking damage that reduces the Dahan's health to zero. Correct?

2. Study the Invaders' Fears: "Turn the top card of the Fear Deck face-up." I assume I should interpret this text as literally as possible without interfering with existing Fear card rules, so...

• The now-face-up card stays on top of the Fear Deck (it's not earned, we just get to read what it says).
  • When the face-up card is earned via accumulating Fear Tokens, it moves to the earned Fear area and stays face-up.
  • Additional use of this power essentially has no effect (it turns a card face-up that was already face up) until the top face-up card is earned, and reveals a face-down card on the top of the Fear Deck.
  • If I use this power and then the players earn 2 fear cards before the next Invader Phase, we place the 2nd card face-down on top of the face-up card in the earned fear card area. (Is it kosher to uncover the face-up card to read its effects?) When we are supposed to flip the cards and resolve their effects, we would turn both cards face-up, first resolve the card that Shifting Memory revealed and we earned first, and then the next earned card.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to the new spirit!

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester
  1. Nope, Dahan being destroyed through damage are still being destroyed, so Share Secrets of Survival protects them.
  2. Yes, you have this correct.  Just be careful while you're flipping things to never reveal the front of the card you never turned face up, until it's time to resolve it.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Godai
Godai's picture

There's a new print and play? Where can we find it?

Trajector
Trajector's picture

MindWanderer: Oh, interesting. So if the Invaders do 7 damage to Dahan and the land in a land where there are 4 Dahan, we would end up with 2 Dahan at full health and 1 Dahan at half health?

Godai: There's a link in >G's coronavirus announcement: https://greaterthangames.com/content/social-distancing-how-to-game-when-you-cant-hang

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

That should be correct.  I've put it up in the playtester area as an FAQ candidate, as I agree it can be a bit confusing when tracking partial damage.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!