The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Setup / pre first play questions

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
alex6
Setup / pre first play questions

-So, the only deck that we are told shuffle is the station deck. Does card order in the mission or ship decks matter? Or should all decks be shuffled?

-Gaining credits...does this discard the cards? Do we have to show other platers hand to prove credit values? Are hands open information?

-playing against the Syndicate. It says to deploy cards from ship deck.  To where? This sector? Any sector?

the rules are good in general, but make many assumptions about familiarity with the game

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

I shuffle everything at the start but only shuffle the station cards in game.

No, it does not discard the cards. Showing is up to you as it's a co-op but I always do out of habit. Once you've got your money, you can then play the cards for effects if you wish. When teaching I keep hands open so that it's easier for people so see what I'm doing. when not, I prefer closed hands, to prevent me going Alpha player and running everyone else's game for them.

Consensus is it should be "this sector" but it is not officially confirmed.

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

As I understand it, once you've calculated your credit total in the Gain Credits part of the Requisition phase, that credit total is then fixed until you spend it in the following part of the phase. That's how I did it, anyway - I had two copies of...Shrewd Collector, I think it's called, a Boost which says to gain an artifact thingy for every fifteen credits you have. So I worked out my credit total, then after that but before buying stuff, used the Boosts to get a pile of the artifacts (thus spending the Shrewd Collector cards - had I done it before then I wouldn't have had their credit values to add to my total).

There is nothing that says you can only use one Boost at a time so I presume I did this right, spending multiple Boosts at once. Incidentally, as you can only spend a Boost in between Events...if you spend a Boost after the last Event of a Phase, does it count as being part of that Phase or the next one? Say I had a Boost which could only be used during the Requisition phase, could I use it after the last Event of that phase or would we be considered to have moved onto the Installaion phase by then?

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

Until you start the next phase, you're still in the earlier phase, IMHO.

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

That's what I'd figured - cool :).

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)