The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Setting the scene. Thematic locations for the Opposition

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony
Setting the scene. Thematic locations for the Opposition

If I was going for the most thematic battles possible, which sectors should I choose? In the base game for SotM for example, Voss goes to Megaopolis, Dawn to Insula Primis, Baron Blade to Atlantis, and Omnitron to Mars. Is there a way we can do that with the Opposition forces in GSF?

Neo-Elves vs the Syndicate = I assume the Trade Out-post would be one, but how about the others? Galverun maybe?

Orcs vs Technovores = Not a clue where to start. Shipyards perhaps? The Wastes?

War Specters vs Nyotan = Oothagos Expanse I'd imagine would be one. The Eye and Tears as the others?

Dwarves vs Singularity = The Forge and Proto-Star fit the Dwarven theme, but maybe there are better choices?

Humans vs UFGD = The Belt would be my first choice, but others could inclue Shipyards and Trade Outpost? 

Reckless
Reckless's picture
PlaytesterInspiring Presence

Vognild Prime and the Metahumans, to represent the dynamic between Voss, humans, and maerynians.

Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun
The Matriarch's Psychic damage is her forcing a gratuitous amount of Snapple facts about birds into a hero's brain.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

Awesome! You did a great job - if you haven't already, you might want to check out the lore info posted at www.galacticstrikeforce.com since it contains a few more clues.

For UFGD, you definitely (thematically) want to include Proto-Star Y'Dera, since that is the site of the UFGD headquarters. The Shipyards are also a good choice.

For the Technovores, you definitely want to include the Kolvarian Wastes, since they are currently the playable secter closest to the Chelicerian Abyss and the origin of the Infestation.

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

One thing I really have been digging is the interplay between the Opposition forces and the SF races that they correlate to, which got me thinking about which sectors would bring out the most flavor of our maches.

Hopefully I'll be writing more indepth faqs on the Strike Force and Oppositions before KS orders start shipping (and the Pax Demo write-up which is in the works), but for instance, did you know?:

The Sulf Orcs are incredible exterminators for the Technovores. Both Claw and Warbeast can both function at a high level with very little tech installed, and when playing with Elite Mode activated (really the best way to play imo!) the SF will be running on fumes for the majority of the game. Hastily Welded Turrets, because they recycle instead of scrapping, are great choices for the Hive-Master to destroy as they wont go under his card. Claw can Snipe off Technovore Swarms to buy you time and neutralize sectors you are not primarily operating in.